Death Watch Beatle

The Great Escape

I was recently chatting to work colleague about the Magnificent Seven - and it occurred to us that none of the seven are still with us (although I am open to correction on this point) - Eli Wallach is still just about going (No 38 on this years list) - but he was a bad guy. We then got onto the subject of who was left from the Great Escape (like you do) and the only only one we could think of was James Garner - so my suggestion for one to watch this year is good ol' Jim Rockford - based only on the fact that every other star in the film is brown bread. If only he had told Donald Pleasance to get stuffed before he escaped.

DWB :lol:

• Like 1

Guest Guest_Cowboy Ronnie

Howdy there pardner, you can't pull a fast one past an old cowpoke like me. See, Robert Vaughan was one of them seven magnificent fellers, and his ticker ain't fully tuckered out just yet. 73 years young. Damn, I was still running the good old U S of A, facing down those Russkies, still in my prime, at that age.

Nancy, where's my blanket.....

DWB

I am pretty confident that Richard Attenborough is still with us as well as David McCallum.

You need to tighten up your research department

Mr Stats

I'm more of an ideas man, I leave the research to you . . . but I must admit in hindsight it was a bit lame. 1/10 Will do better next time!

DWB :lol:

In fact of the top ten in the cast of The Great Escape seven are dead and three still with us - so youre score is probably better descibed as 7/10.

Sorry Stats - hope Im not encroaching on your territory...

From my knowledge these are the last remaining escapees from Charlie tunnel still above ground....

James Garner

Dickie Attenborough

David McCallum

John Leyton

Angus Lennie

Ironic as I think they were all killed in the film...

So who do you think is next?

IMDB

Dickie Attenborough has had family grief recently, it might contribute towards his death.

Guest Guest_ixion

we've had elmer bernstein recently

the next has to be dickie

James Garner was not killed in the film, although blind Colin played by the late Donald Pleasance was. James and Donald stole a plane but forgot to check the fuel guage. As a result the plane crash landed and Colin started to walk towards the Germans, who not knowing he was blind, proceeded to shoot the living crap out of him.

James was returned to the camp to tell the tale.

I would hate to think anybody would think I actually know all of this as a matter of course, it just so happened I saw the film a few days ago.

Excellent article about some of Hollywood's crusty old men, including James Garner & for CP, Tom Poston:-

Hollywood & Golf

Seems Garner is struggling a little bit, especially with the heart probs.

James Garner was not killed in the film, although blind Colin played by the late Donald Pleasance was. James and Donald stole a plane but forgot to check the fuel guage. As a result the plane crash landed and Colin started to walk towards the Germans, who not knowing he was blind, proceeded to shoot the living crap out of him.

James was returned to the camp to tell the tale.

I would hate to think anybody would think I actually know all of this as a matter of course, it just so happened I saw the film a few days ago.

This is one of my favorite films of all time, especially the Steve McQueen parts, motorcycle, tunneling, cooler, etc. Just found out that Charles Bronson died in '03, somehow I missed that.

Many actors and other staff are still alive connected to the movie the Great Escape.

Some of the stars are long gone (Steve McQueen, James Coburn, Donald Pleasence and Charles Bronson come to mind) but a number are still around. Seeing that some pictures have their own topic like Poseidon Adventure, but I think this movie deserves also a topic of their own.

James Garner,82

David Attenborough, 87

David McCallum, 77

John Leyton, 71

Angus Lennie, 80

William Russell, 86

George Mikkell, 80

Lawrence Montagne, 80

Tom Adams, 72

Karl-Otto Alberty, 77

David Attenborough, 87

This is an easy one - think you mean Richard "Dicky" Attenborough!

Many actors and other staff are still alive connected to the movie the Great Escape.

Some of the stars are long gone (Steve McQueen, James Coburn, Donald Pleasence and Charles Bronson come to mind) but a number are still around. Seeing that some pictures have their own topic like Poseidon Adventure, but I think this movie deserves also a topic of their own.

James Garner,82

David Attenborough, 87

David McCallum, 77

John Leyton, 71

Angus Lennie, 80

William Russell, 86

George Mikkell, 80

Lawrence Montagne, 80

Tom Adams, 72

Karl-Otto Alberty, 77

I think you'll find it was Richard Attenborough who was in The Great Escape

When I saw the NEW Great Escape Survivers-thread, I thought it couldn't be possible that this is the first thread of it's sort. And what did I find after a few second of searching the forum...

Edited by heaven can wait
merged threads

Survivors of the cast of Clueless

Alicia Silverstone, 34

Stacey Dash, 44

Paul Rudd, 41

Dan Hedaya, 70

Elisa Donovan, 39

Justin Walker. age unknown

Whoops, how stupid of me..... Indeed, the wrong person.

And the reason for digging this topic up was the fact that this film was shown this afternoon on TCM. (Yes, some people actually tune into that station.)

When I saw the NEW Great Escape Survivers-thread, I thought it couldn't be possible that this is the first thread of it's sort. And what did I find after a few second of searching the forum...

I did search for it before opening the thread, but didn't find it. Seems other persons found it using other trigger words.

Alicia Silverstone, 34

Stacey Dash, 44

Paul Rudd, 41

Dan Hedaya, 70

Elisa Donovan, 39

are there dead cast members for Clueless?

I did search for it before opening the thread, but didn't find it. Seems other persons found it using other trigger words.

I used the searchterms "Great Escape" and it was the second last thread it found.

While we are talking about survivors of ensemble cast film. How many actors of How the West Was Won are still alive?

Alicia Silverstone, 34

Stacey Dash, 44

Paul Rudd, 41

Dan Hedaya, 70

Elisa Donovan, 39

are there dead cast members for Clueless?

Brittany Murphy, off course

OK How about Heathers

Cristian Slater, 41

Winona Ryder, 39

Shannon Doherty, 39

Lissane Falk, 45?

Penelope Milford, 62

Patrick Labyorteaux, 45

Lance Fenton, 44?

Phill Lewis, 42

Renée Estevez, 43

John Ingle, 82

I Know Glan Shadix Died Recently and Kim Walker and Jeremy Applegate are now both dead

I cant find any Information on Falk or Fenton though they seem to have imigrated to the bermuda triangle

I Know Glan Shadix Died Recently and Kim Walker and Jeremy Applegate are now both dead

Of course, Kim Walker as Heather Chandler gets to deliver the line "Did you have a brain tumour for breakfast?" and then goes and dies of a brain tumour a little over a decade later.

If this thread is being used as a generic for various films, I was just going over the Godfather cast after watching it for the umpteenth time and noticed Abe Vigoda (born 1921) was still alive and still acting.

Quite a few of the cast are still alive and acting but, apart from Eli Wallach in part III and already in the frame, so to speak, Vigoda looks promising. He has a following on the DDP.

Sooner or later, like is old friend Luca Brasi, Vigoda's going to be swimming with the fishes.

Edit: Ought to have known but the search didn't throw up his name straight away, had forgotten he was an old DL favourite with his own thread. Sorry. I was only staying up for a wicket. :o

Can someone tell me what the secret is behind "Hill street blues"?

I mean all but 5(!) of the main characters and supporting characters are still alive. (Note: there are five others with no wiki page but I presume they are alive.) And it's an impressive list of actors numbering 37!!