maryportfuncity

Comedians & Comedy Writers

Ah, see, I was wondering where to put the Carla Lane thing, and comedy writers would have never occured to me. Something about the trade descriptions act, surely.

• Like 2

Any reason you're happy about this?

Because I don't like her, her ill informed animal rights crap and support of PETA, her depressing "oh god it's school again in the morning" sit coms, her perpetuating the idea that Liverpudlians are work shy scroungers etc.

• Like 3

Yeah. Butterflies - what was that supposed to be about? It wasn't remotely funny and nothing ever happened. Every episode was the same.

Because I don't like her, her ill informed animal rights crap and support of PETA, her depressing "oh god it's school again in the morning" sit coms, her perpetuating the idea that Liverpudlians are work shy scroungers etc.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

You mean to say, they aren't?? :D

Hmm a lot older than the DDP has her. That'll have to be changed.

Some are and some aren't which is no different from anywhere really but that image of the work shy Scouser really took hold in people's imaginations when she wrote Bread and 30 years later those of who do work for a living, which includes all my family and believe me they can breed, are still trying to live it down.

• Like 1

Some are and some aren't which is no different from anywhere really but that image of the work shy Scouser really took hold in people's imaginations when she wrote Bread and 30 years later those of who do work for a living, which includes all my family and believe me they can breed, are still trying to live it down.

I used to hate Bread, seriously shite TV.

Im trying hard to think of something she wrote that wasn't full of clichés and general bollocks.

Im struggling.

Just the other day I was talking to a friend about the Liver Birds and the question of whatever became of Carla Lane came up. I guess our question has been answered

No one in my family knew what "Liver Birds" meant. We thought Liver was pronounced as in Liverpool, a place to which none of us had ever been.

It was a clever title for those in the know, but left other viewers feeling excluded. It wasn't so easy to find such things out back then.

• Like 2

"Keep it in the familyyyyyyyy..."

=/

All this talk of Carla Lane made me do a bit of looking, and I hadn't realised Gilly Coman was dead (even though it was reported 'pon this very site). Very sad, heart attack while sat at her mother's grave. She was a much better Aveline than Bean's wife.

Pantomime and comedian Brendan Healy dead at 59 after a long battle with cancer:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brendan-healy-dead-comedian-actor-7400581

So in addition to being a comedian he was also a pantomime??

Oh no he wasn't!

• Like 3

Just the other day I was talking to a friend about the Liver Birds and the question of whatever became of Carla Lane came up. I guess our question has been answered

But...

She was more famous than any of the three Liver Birds in the end, right?

But...

She was more famous than any of the three Liver Birds in the end, right?

Surely Nerys Hughes is as famous (The district Hearse)

Could have sworn she was on list

Caroline Aherne. Dead...

R.I.P.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36694598

very sad and shocking news . RIP :(

Sad - yes. Shocking - no.

I was a big fan of her work and am very sad but she was on Aherne v Cancer round 3 - odds weren't good and she hadn't voiced over Gogglebox for a couple of months.

• Like 1