Teddy

Clive Dunn

No-one can replace Clive Dunn (especially as we've not yet given him time to rise again), however if we need a classic English actor to adopt and cherish, I'd like to nominate Bernard Hepton.

btw great write up on the front page whoever did it .

As to what will be the best tribute all i can say is blog_7.jpg we will think of something.

Well I never! We're a bit cut off in Godot Towers so only just heard the news. I found this celebrity age tracker (they haven't heard yet either) that tells you how old other members of the cast of Dad's Army would have been. Private Godfrey would have been 116. James Beck (Private Walker) has been dead nearly 40 years!

Sad news.

I agree with OoO though, this truly is the beginning of the end.

Panic.

Guest Guest

I'm surprised no-one thought of 'Clive's Done' as a headline :huh:

I'm sure someone did, we're a bit spoiled for choice with a name like that.

Over and Dunn With

Dunn and Dusted

Dunn In

Dunn For

His Earthly Race Is Dunn

.... and many more no doubt

I'm sure someone did, we're a bit spoiled for choice with a name like that.

Over and Dunn With

Dunn and Dusted

Dunn In

Dunn For

His Earthly Race Is Dunn

.... and many more no doubt

I'm sure I saw that as the initial headline on the DL front page...

Guest Saville Row

How about Ian Lavender as Clive's replacement?

How about Ian Lavender as Clive's replacement?

Nahh, maybe Bill Pertwee or Frank Williams

• Like 1

One things for sure, Clive's passing has certainly given this place a shot in the arm, attracted a few new members. Cheers Clive :)

Something I posted on a Clive Dunn memorial on youtube. Kinda of refreshing from my rabies like spazing of Sirhan-Sirhan "Die (insert jerk's name) die over and over again writing die die die die die etc).

Didn't Mr Dunn also make a jib at us a few years back? Anyways, I really have to look this character up.

I'm a regular poster at deathlist (it's a death pool by a bunch of university students in the 80's in England), and Clive Dunn has been on that list of the top 50 notables (politicians, celebrities that would be mentioned in British medias), since it's inception in 1987. Mr Dunn is the reigning champion of longevity for 16 mentions. (as he carried on with his remarkable longevity he has occupied the 50th spot for nearly a quarter century).

Something I posted on a Clive Dunn memorial on youtube. Kinda of refreshing from my rabies like spazing of Sirhan-Sirhan "Die (insert jerk's name) die over and over again writing die die die die die etc).

Didn't Mr Dunn also make a jib at us a few years back? Anyways, I really have to look this character up.

I'm a regular poster at deathlist (it's a death pool by a bunch of university students in the 80's in England), and Clive Dunn has been on that list of the top 50 notables (politicians, celebrities that would be mentioned in British medias), since it's inception in 1987. Mr Dunn is the reigning champion of longevity for 16 mentions. (as he carried on with his remarkable longevity he has occupied the 50th spot for nearly a quarter century).

Does anyone know what happened to the students who originally set up the deathlist ? Do any of them know about this website or do any of them post here?

Does anyone know what happened to the students who originally set up the deathlist ? Do any of them know about this website or do any of them post here?

There is at LEAST one that posts regularly not counting the gaffer, of course.

er...I think we should let Harry explain...

There is a tribute show on British TV tonight http://www.radiotime...-dunn-a-tribute

Perry, Cundell, Lavender, Williams and Mrs Dunn all present and correct. No sign of Pertwee, of course.

And no mention for the DL :angry:

(I think I've explained the DL's history enough times; the posts are there if anyone can be arsed to find them)

They are going to remake Dad's Army as a film.

http://www.independe...ir-9321192.html

Although, bizarrely, near-midget Toby Jones is gonna play Captain Mainwaring. So....... yeah, looks like it might be a tad shit.

Er... wait a moment. I just looked it up and he's actually taller than Arthur Lowe was. Whoops. :scratchhead::closedeyes:

There must be some good British celebs who could be good substitutes for the original cast....any offers?

Timothy West would have made a good Mainwaring....

Billy Nighy will be Sgt. Wilson, I'd say that's decent casting.

Guest Guest

Richard Wilson should be Frazer. 'I don't believe we're doomed......'

Bruce Forsyth as Godfrey.

Nah, too much Brucie ego to play the understated oldster. Leslie Philips, surely.

Bruce Forsyth as Godfrey.

Nah, too much Brucie ego to play the understated oldster. Leslie Philips, surely.

Ding........Dong.......... I was thinking Bruce as he's getting doddery