Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

Doesn't matter who we send as the Ukraine will win it.

They have a Crimean based Halibut folk singer who is from the Tatar community once exiled by Stalin etc etc..

I expect her to be black, a hermaphrodite and wheelchair bound coz she was born without any legs.....or arms and she is also blind with a lisp.

We really need to learn to play the tea and sympathy card.

How about a girl with a wooden leg who tap dances?

• Like 2

Doesn't matter who we send as the Ukraine will win it.

They have a Crimean based Halibut folk singer who is from the Tatar community once exiled by Stalin etc etc..

I expect her to be black, a hermaphrodite and wheelchair bound coz she was born without any legs.....or arms and she is also blind with a lisp.

We really need to learn to play the tea and sympathy card.

How about a girl with a wooden leg who tap dances?

Yes, that's an idea but the leg would have to have woodworm :lol:

• Like 3

"Beauty Never Lies" was fucking robbed last year, let's be real.

don't be sad all the Eurovision is now is just other countries voting for each other whether or not they win will depend more on their location than their proformance. They need to go back to seven judges from random countries.

Put a fiver on the UK winning Eurovision this year...

I just had to google that one as I didn't watch Eurovision last year...or the year before that or....

I actually thought you were quoting a Rolf Harris statement of defence.

don't be sad all the Eurovision is now is just other countries voting for each other whether or not they win will depend more on their location than their proformance. They need to go back to seven judges from random countries.

MK,

That's how it's been for some time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/eurovision/11623720/Mapped-who-votes-for-whom-in-Eurovision-A-guide-to-political-voting.html

MK,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/eurovision/11623720/Mapped-who-votes-for-whom-in-Eurovision-A-guide-to-political-voting.html

so doesn't mean it still needs to be fixed.

MK,

I think you're taking it a bit too seriously.

That one was criminally bad! But I still remember it!!

MK,

That's how it's been for some time.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/eurovision/11623720/Mapped-who-votes-for-whom-in-Eurovision-A-guide-to-political-voting.html

I think you're taking it a bit too seriously.

it's no fun when a country when's by location rather by skill.

Eurovision certainly has changed since I used to watch it. Whatever happened to performers dressing up in their national costume playing the balalaika protesting about wind farms?

This is what Eurovision is from how I remember it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXdSQ-Tl7-8

Eurovision certainly has changed since I used to watch it. Whatever happened to performers dressing up in their national costume playing the balalaika protesting about wind farms?

This is what Eurovision is from how I remember it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXdSQ-Tl7-8

I would like more folklore, and yes, more silliness. It's all a bit mainstream at the moment because too many countries actually want to win. Of course, that makes it even funnier if the attempt fails.

all the Eurovision is now is just other countries voting for each other whether or not they win will depend more on their location than their proformance. They need to go back to seven judges from random countries.

Not much gets past you, does it?

• Like 2

i'm watching Eurovision every year since Serbia won, my all time favorite is Verka Serducka XD i just love that man/woman, but yeah some songs get robbed and others win fair (Euphoria), i think

UK decision day! My tips are Dulcima - When You Go and Karl William Lund - Miracle.

Dulcima just edge it for me, possibly top 5 finish in the main competition (rather depends on the damage Cameron has done to our rep abroad - little bit of politics!).

Let's do this!

Tonight, a few teams battle for the right to finish in the bottom five of this year Eurovision. Feel the excitement.

Graham Norton, Eurovision commentator, was heard to say: "Yeah, I think we can finish in double figures this year. No, wait, Britain? Sorry, they're fucked as usual..."

Danny Finn, the lead singer of the UK's 1980 entrants Prima Donna, has died of that common ailment "a short illness".

I haven't yet been able to find a DDP-validated obit, but here's one from a Eurovision site.

Danny Finn, the lead singer of the UK's 1980 entrants Prima Donna, has died of that common ailment "a short illness".

I haven't yet been able to find a DDP-validated obit, but here's one from a Eurovision site.

Really awful news. They finished third as I recall, Kate Robbins (sister of Ted) in the sextet too. And look, it's freaking 1980 again! Although in this case none of them would have made my theme team as the song wasn't a top 30 hit.

RIP Danny (or should I say, Kevin).

So what do you guys think of the songs so far? I heard Russia is leading but I prefer Hungary and I hate to say it, our song, too (Croatia)

Due to post-Eurovision comedown after Saturday night I had a look at past contestants who may be going to the great Song Contest in the sky sooner rather than later. Of course, most probably won't get an obit over here but there are a few that I'd be surprised won't be mentioned in the press when God decides their douze points are up and may be worth a look:

Lys Assia (b. 1926). First winner of Eurovision 50 years and 1 day ago exactly. Despite her age she's in fine fettle and pops up occasionally on ESC-related programmes, most recently the 'Congratulations' programme that the Beeb didn't decide to show here in the UK. Survived a vicious attack when her apartmernt was burgled a few years ago so is obviously made of stern stuff.

Pearl Carr (b. 1923). Of 'Sing Little Birdie' fame. Could possibly already be dead but don't recall hearing anything.

Corry Brokken (b. 1932). One for our Dutch Deathlisters. Won once, and might get a UK obit because she hosted the Contest in 1976 when Brotherhood Of Man won.

Nana Mouskouri (b. 1934). Getting on a bit but looked in rude health last Saturday so I can't imagine we'll be wiping the tears off our oversized glasses just yet.

Udo Jurgens (b. 1934). Still recording and touring but is getting on a bit.

Kenneth McKellar (b. 1927). In 1966 when the rest of Europe were sending cutesy France Gall clones, the UK decided to enter... a man in a kilt. Will certainly get an obit due to being a major man of Scottish song rather than any Eurovision 'achievements'.

Rudi Carrell (b. 1934). Already mentioned on here I believe. Suffering from lung cancer and prognosis not good. Not sure he'd get a UK obit but if Monica Zetterlund can then I can't see why not.

Freddy Quinn (b. 1931). One of the first German-language pop stars. Massive in the 50s and early 60s, he's sort of the equivalent of the Austrian-Germanic Cliff Richard (only without the 'edginess' *cough*).

Katie Boyle (b. 1926). Getting on a bit and we don't see her much on TV these days. She hasn't even popped up in a Eurovision-related programme for a while. Perhaps she's never got over being manhandled by Guildo Horn back in Brum in '98.

News of a few others who probably won't get a UK obit but maybe of interest to some anyway:

Riki Sorsa (Finnish Rod Stewart lookalike from 1981 who wore a nasty yellow and pink jumpsuit and sang a crap reggae song) has been diagnosed with cancer.

Vice Vukov (b. 1936) - represented Yugoslavia in 1963/1965. Was elected to the Croatian parliament and became ambassador to Switzerland, so his political stature might just give him an obit. Last November he fell down the parliamentary building stairs and sustained a serious head injury. Apparently his chances of recovery are even slimmer than Ariel Sharon's, being in a persistive vegatative state.

Vice died in 2008.

Vice died in 2008.

I know. The original post is from 2006.

Vice died in 2008.

I know. The original post is from 2006.

I was too lazy to read the entire thread...

• Like 1