themaninblack

Death Anniversary Thread

Eddie Fisher - Husband of Debbie Reynolds, Elizabeth Taylor, and Connie Stevens - 5 years ago

This site seems incompatible with inserting file photos from Wiki, so no photo for yoU! I'm not searching for other photos tyvm.
SC​​

• Like 1

Eddie Fisher - Husband of Debbie Reynolds, Elizabeth Taylor, and Connie Stevens - 5 years ago

This site seems incompatible with inserting file photos from Wiki, so no photo for yoU! I'm not searching for other photos tyvm.

SC​​

220px-Eddie_Fisher_-_still.JPG

Works for me

• Like 1

SC​​

Ditto as Toast.

Eddie_Fisher_-_still.JPG

If you're doing it through Google image search, you gotta go "view image" and then take the URL, otherwise it's a gazzillion characters of shite.

• Like 1

It was a final evenin' all for Arthur Benfield, Head of Cheshire CID investigating the Moors Murders, 20 years ago aged 82.

crime-murder-moors-left-detective-chief-

He's the one on the left Sir C in case you wondered.

• Like 1

And Melanie Klein, projective identifying no more, this day 55 years ago, aged 78 (with photo).

220px-Melanie_Klein_1952.jpg

• Like 1

Today in 1944 former Dutch Prime Minister Hendrik Colijn died, aged 75.

ZieglerColijn.jpg

He's probably the most widely despised Dutch PM of the 20th century (De Geer being the other contender), both for his fiscal policy and his 1940 essay “On the Border of Two Worlds”, which essentially proposed collaboration with the Nazis.

Did he also do Alfred Hitchcock impersonations?

• Like 3

Florence Griffiths Joyner died seventeen years ago today, following an epileptic seizure. No athlete, whether under the influence of performance enhancing drugs or not, has ever come close to her 100m and 200m world records.

etick_flojo09_aj_412.jpg

Florence Griffiths Joyner died seventeen years ago today, following an epileptic seizure. No athlete, whether under the influence of performance enhancing drugs or not, has ever come close to her 100m and 200m world records.

etick_flojo09_aj_412.jpg

Or her fingernails

tumblr_mtnul4ixFa1shfp2xo4_500.jpg

• Like 1

Something made me want to mention Sigmund Freud who died 76 years ago aged 83.

sigmund-freud.jpg

• Like 1

Theodore Geisel, 24 years ago, aged 87 (look all around where's he gone there's one answer, the old children's author has snuffed it from cancer).

dr-seuss.jpg

Theodore Geisel, 24 years ago, aged 87 (look all around where's he gone there's one answer, the old children's author has snuffed it from cancer).

dr-seuss.jpg

that's doctor suess.

Legendary singer Andy Williams crooned his last song 3 years ago today aged 84 due to bladder cancer.

Andy%2BWilliams.png

It went quiet on all fronts for Erich Maria Remarque, aged 72, 45 years ago today

Erich_Maria_Remarque1.jpg

• Like 1

ON September 25, it would be RUDE to forget Emily Post (55 years), as well as John Bonham (35 years) and Don Adams of Get Smart fame (10 years ago)

SC

new-History_4_Emilypost.jpg

John-Bonham.jpg

379px-DonAdams.jpg

• Like 1

King Harald Hadrada died at Stamford Bridge (not that one, so no Costa jokes please) in 1066 and all that, aged 51. Expect a related post in a couple of weeks.

220px-Harald_III_of_Norway.jpg

• Like 2

Beat me to Daniel Boone, RHP, but it was 195 years ago, not 95!

Only other person I saw ​worth a mention was actor Richard Mulligan (15 years ago), and that barely.

Did the show Soap ever make it to that side of the Pond?
SC​

9a82cad327571602362a9ffe714ed450.jpg

Only other person I saw ​worth a mention was actor Richard Mulligan (15 years ago), and that barely.

SC​

It did to the Netherlands. Í watched a few episodes, did't like it much. Too young, probs.

SC​

It did to the Netherlands. Í watched a few episodes, did't like it much. Too young, probs.

Broadcast in the U.K. too; loved it. Best line - Benson: you want me to get that?

SC​

Broadcast in the U.K. too; loved it. Best line - Benson: you want me to get that?

Yeah, wasn't he the guy who thought he could turn invisible? Sorry about being a century out with Mr Boone, I have a cold.

SC​

Yeah, wasn't he the guy who thought he could turn invisible? Sorry about being a century out with Mr Boone, I have a cold.

Yes he was.

• Like 1

Gimme some of that old time religion!
SC
Pope Urban VII, 12 day papacy the shortest in history, died 425 yrs ago. Also the last Pope to have a beard (to date)

Urban_VII.jpg

St. Vincent de Paul 355 yrs ago

stv4.jpg

and Pope Innocent VII -- 315 yrs ago

220px-Innocent_VII.jpg

• Like 2

George Blanda -- who scored more points than anyone in NFL history (helps that he played till he was 48!) -- 5 years ago

SC

nfl_ap_gblanda1_300.jpg

• Like 1