Guest eiskalterengel

Erich Priebke

Guest eiskalterengel

how about having a real nazi in the list?

from wikipedia i found out that there are only 2 major nazies known to be alive and a few others believed to be. my favorite pick would be:

Aribert Heim (born June 28, 1914) is a former Austrian doctor. As an SS doctor in a concentration camp in Mauthausen (where many Spanish Republicans were sent), he is accused of killing many inmates with sadistic methods, such as direct injections of toxic compounds into the hearts of his victims without painkillers.

he was nicknamed doktor tod "doctor death" and i think he probably most of all deserves an appearance in your list but as that is going to be quite hard to verify it would be a risky pick. he was believed to be dead but then he was seen in spain when an cold german bank account of his, with lots of money on it, was used again then after just missing him in spain they they have chased him arround claimed they again nearly caught him in chile where one of this daugther seems to be living and now he is suspected to be in denmark or something. there is a large manhunt going on called operation last chance initiated by the simon wiesenthal center, but who knows if he dies before he is caught who is ever going to know? so again i think that it would be a very risky (but so much fun pick) as the chance of him dying and beeing noticed is far smaller than just dying

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Aribert_Heim

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13...1827007,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/secondworldwar/s...1593885,00.html

http://english.ohmynews.com/articleview/ar...06&rel_no=1

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/no2-nazi-...8796751320.html

http://www.polizei-b...hndung_heim.htm

so if it turns out that you don't want to include doctor death i want to propose the two surely living ones:

Erich Priebke (born July 29, 1913 at Hennigsdorf, Brandenburg, Germany) is a Nazi war criminal. A former Hauptsturmführer in the S.S., he participated in the massacre at the Ardeatine caves in Rome, on March 24, 1944. 335 Italian civilians were killed there as revenge after a partisan group had killed 33 German soldiers and an unknown number of civilians. Priebke was one of those who stood responsible for this mass execution. After the Nazis were defeated, he got help from ODESSA to flee to Argentina where he lived for over 50 years.

Søren Kam (b. November 11, 1921) was a German Waffen-SS officer, an SS-foreign volunteer, who served with the 5.SS-Panzergrenadier-Division Wiking during World War II. He is a Knight's Cross winner. On September 21, 2006 the 85-year-old ex-member of the SS was detained in Kempten, Bavaria in accordance with European arrest warrant issued by Denmark. Kam is wanted in his native country in connection with the assassination of newspaper editor Carl Henrik Clemmensen in Lyngby, a suburb of Copenhagen during World War II.

how about having a real nazi in the list?

Erich Priebke (born July 29, 1913 at Hennigsdorf, Brandenburg, Germany) is a Nazi war criminal. A former Hauptsturmführer in the S.S., he participated in the massacre at the Ardeatine caves in Rome, on March 24, 1944. 335 Italian civilians were killed there as revenge after a partisan group had killed 33 German soldiers and an unknown number of civilians. Priebke was one of those who stood responsible for this mass execution. After the Nazis were defeated, he got help from ODESSA to flee to Argentina where he lived for over 50 years.

Further more to the post about Erich Priebke, the orders he was following said that he should kill 10 resistance fighters or civilians for each German death. Because the numbers killed in revenge totaled 5 more than his orders, he could not fall back on the "only following orders" clause and these cold blooded murders are directly attributed to him alone. Therefore I wholeheartedly back the inclusion of Priebke on next years list no matter what his current state of health.

Speaking of War criminals.....On March 20, 2004,Erich Priebke was 91 years old, the oldest prisoner in Europe

HERE

Die, you nasty old bugger. Unique pick in the DDP for me.

Speaking of War criminals.....On March 20, 2004,Erich Priebke was 91 years old, the oldest prisoner in Europe

HERE

I took a punt on Wilhelm 'Bob' Roessler in the DDP. He would get an obit in the Telegraph.

Just noticed this - well he didn't get an obit as Godot confidently thought, cos he died a few years previously. Still worth the gamble.

Anyway, thread reignited cos of Erich Priebke getting out & about.

Sounds like he still has some fire & reason to go on.

It's easy to attack an old Nazi, but then the 64,000 dollar question arises: what would you have done in his place? He was an ordinary guy serving a malevolent and brutal regime, and I guess that shooting 10 hostages for every German soldier killed (murdered) by the partisans (terrorists) seemed to him to be an acceptable punishment as a deterrent. Moreover, Hitler himself ordered this type of retaliation, so he could hardly tell the dictator to f**k off, could he? Let's not forget that partisans used the same killing methods that the Taliban uses in Afghanistan - not an excuse for the Nazi excesses of course, but let's put it in context. One man's partisan is another one's terrorist.

It's easy to attack an old Nazi, but then the 64,000 dollar question arises: what would you have done in his place? He was an ordinary guy serving a malevolent and brutal regime, and I guess that shooting 10 hostages for every German soldier killed (murdered) by the partisans (terrorists) seemed to him to be an acceptable punishment as a deterrent. Moreover, Hitler himself ordered this type of retaliation, so he could hardly tell the dictator to f**k off, could he? Let's not forget that partisans used the same killing methods that the Taliban uses in Afghanistan - not an excuse for the Nazi excesses of course, but let's put it in context. One man's partisan is another one's terrorist.

The point is not that he was a nazi, the point is that he was a war criminal. Of course, it's the victors of the war that label you as such, that's the way it goes. Shooting civilian hostages is considered a crime in any war, though, and the 'befehl ist befehl'-argument will only cover part of a subordinate's responsibility. Officers that organised and coordinated the killings will be held responsible, no matter what their orders were. (See for example wiki on the Nuremberg Principle IV.

Your final point is unclear to me. The taliban might use the same techniques as Italian WW II-partisans. And? Does that give the (cough) 'liberation' forces in Afghanistan a valid excuse to execute civilians by the hundreds as an act of retaliation?

People forget that if he hadn't done the job he would have been killed then and then they would have had someone else to do the things he did.

He did bad things the same as a lot of other people would have done if they'd been in his shoes at the time.

Most of the people who attack the Nazis and the people forced to do their bidding are the biggest hypocrites and would do the same thngs he did.

Yeah, it's pretty clear who the real villains here are.

The victims, you mean?

regards,

Hein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23468227- no new info but an interesting quote from a Jewish activist "He is 100 years old. There is no need to hurt him. We're not saying he should face the guillotine, the gas chamber or the electric chair." - for the sake of his victims The Death List and those who picked him on the DDP I beg to differ!
  • Like 1

The person who added that only made four other edits, three of which were to make William Hartnell and Jon Pertwee appear as still living. Writing off as vandalism.

Good riddance to a heinous war criminal!