Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

Hopefully all sorted. I've changed your e-mail address and updated your password. Remember to change it asap.

Back in business, cheers PB :)

Out of curiousity, is there a banner saying "AdminCP ModeratorCP" at the top of the forum for people with moderating powers? I've been a mod on another place that used IPforums, and on there you were able to change the email of a member itself through the AdminCP.

There is, but as Jr didn't know his password, there was a bit more to it. All sorted now.

I have produced a graphic in Excel to show how the current year compares to previous high and low watermarks but I am not sure how to load it into a post.

Any suggestions?

I have produced a graphic in Excel to show how the current year compares to previous high and low watermarks but I am not sure how to load it into a post.

Any suggestions?

:scratchhead:

Ehrm, I don't quite get what you mean? Would you want to post a sheet? It's possible as an attachment, but that's a part of the forum software where I rarely come and where monsters live.

regards,

Hein

Any suggestions?

Ehrm, I don't quite get what you mean? Would you want to post a sheet? It's possible as an attachment, but that's a part of the forum software where I rarely come and where monsters live.

regards,

Hein

I have entered the data to produce a chart and I have tried copying the chart into word but that doesn't work. I suppose it would be the same as posting an image but I don't know how to do that either :scratchhead:

Any suggestions?

regards,

Hein

I have entered the data to produce a chart and I have tried copying the chart into word but that doesn't work. I suppose it would be the same as posting an image but I don't know how to do that either :scratchhead:

Aha, like this:

graphj.gif

What I do is:

- go to http://imageshack.us/

- upload the picture there

- do some magic to bypass the Please Register pain

- grab the url of the uploaded picture

- post it.

I suppose better anonymous picture sites exist.

regards,

Hein

imgur.com is the fastest way to upload an image

Don't know if its me, but if I use full version option whilst on phone it comes up blank at main forum page (loads very briefly so you can see the 3 sub forums then they disappear).

Only happened in last 3 days I think.

Can still maneuver around and quite possibly phone related (had problems with mod and rolled back to stock about a month ago)

Can someone let me know how I change my username please? I'm sure it is obvious but cannot see it......

Can someone let me know how I change my username please? I'm sure it is obvious but cannot see it......

See here :blink:

Any suggestions?

regards,

Hein

Aha, like this:

graphj.gif

What I do is:

- go to http://imageshack.us/

- upload the picture there

- do some magic to bypass the Please Register pain

- grab the url of the uploaded picture

- post it.

I suppose better anonymous picture sites exist.

regards,

Hein

I have tried the image loading website but they are blocked from my current location. So I will keep the graphic for my own pleasure and describe the conclusions in the appropriate forum.

With all the goings on in the DDP thread, I decided to experiment. I sent myself an e-mail from the dl and when I got it, it was from my MSN account with my real (first) name. I sent a reply, but cant seem to access anything as shit MSN & Skype have merged, I cant find any e-mails. Anyone able to help?

Hi.

How can I change the view of the DL-forums-page on my phone cell from the mobile version back the the normal/official view/version? This view is clearer to me.

Thanks!

Hi.

How can I change the view of the DL-forums-page on my phone cell from the mobile version back the the normal/official view/version? This view is clearer to me.

Thanks!

If the toggle for desktop doesn't show, internet options, and untick "load mobile page view" or somesuch, and reload page.

You can bookmark the new page, and change setting back if you need to for other places.

That is for stock Android browser, but others should be similar. Hopefully though, you have the desktop toggle.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your response, Charon.

I tried everything you said (and tried some things before), but nothing changed.

I've bookmarked the official homepage where I still can see Henry Cecil, everything is fine. I have the choice between mobile and standard version and I can switch between them and still everthing is fine. I prefer the standard version (even on my mobile which is Android by the way).

Well, it's different and complicated when I click on DeathList Forums - they are only shown in the f**king mobile version which confuses me. If I want to read a new post in a topic I always have to begin with the very first page! Not funny when there is a thread with 50 pages !!! :dead2:

And if I would like to change between mobile and standard - there is no option on the site and this toggle-thing doesn't work.

Two days ago everything was fine. But then I clicked on mobile version and everything changed. I miss this f**king backwards-button or whatever! I want my old view back!!! :eshock:

Can somebody help me (again), please! :(

Right, I think we there book.....toggled my own to mobile version, got a "different" mobile one than I remember, changed page and that was it stuck on the old mobile version, with no desktop option.

To fix, I closed all windows and rebooted phone, opened browser at home page and then menu-more-settings- and unticked mobile view.

Went to deathlist bookmark and back in business, although I have to at that point enable mobile view again before I can click in the posting box....(that may be lack of flash on my shitty HTC)...

Btw, clicking on the wee dot on the left of thread in mobile will take you to first unread.....

No. Nothing. F**k.

But the wee dots are very helpful, thanks.

Maybe I will get used to this new view. :shoot:

Although I can't understand why I cannot switch back as simple as I switch on this mobile version...

Sorry, that's about me tapped out :(...

One last thing would be to delete internet history and cookies, and then try my suggestion again.

Luck.

Yippieh, yesterday evening I did the following and it took me some time to find it out, haha :dead: : With my tiggle-toggle-thing and in combination with the tiny dolphin I went to DL homepage and bookmarked it onto my desktop. Now I have that little green dolphin-symbol, but who cares.

So I can use the standard version and this "old standard" view is a blessing to my eyes (which are short-sighted anyway).

Thank you so much Charon!! Because of your advices I tried some things and at least I got a solution which makes me more happy than before and which is a improvement for me!

• Like 1

Good o :)

Hi all, having some trouble with changing the font of my recently deceased picks to red, it just keeps going back to black. Anybody know how to sort?

Edited by Magere Hein
Post moved from topic "Ïrate Visitors..."

Hi all, having some trouble with changing the font of my recently deceased picks to red, it just keeps going back to black. Anybody know how to sort?

FTFY.

The simplest way to get there is to click the little switch in the upper left corner of the edit box. It'll switch the editor to raw mode, in which all BBCode is shown. In there you can balance the BBCode tags and copy the missing ones. Click the little switch again to show your work.

regards,

Hein

According to the 'Help topics' section, under 'Your Settings', it says we can configure our 'member titles' in our profile. Is there any way to customize the 'member title' of my profile to say 'Crazy Canuck' or something rather than 'bomber'? Or does the member title strictly rely on post count? (at the rate I post, it might take a while to get anywhere))