Saint Peter

Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi

November 10th.

I'll go for my birthday - October 20th

As HCW has gone for December 21, I'll go for November 11.

January 1st..........just in time for me to snag him as a unique DDP pick.

If anybody is looking for some cheap points next year, Magrahi's frail 95 year old mother is still living.

Furthermore, it was said in the news yesterday that she had not been informed that her son had terminal prostate cancer.

So if the news of the cancer doesn't kill her, his death may just finish her off.

Link

If anybody is looking for some cheap points next year, Magrahi's frail 95 year old mother is still living.

Furthermore, it was said in the news yesterday that she had not been informed that her son had terminal prostate cancer.

So if the news of the cancer doesn't kill her, his death may just finish her off.

Link

Aye, but it's not certain she get a proper obit, so you'd have to careful about which deadpools she dropped into.

The Al-Megrahi news pieces are making me chuckle. Each time they mention the uproar in the US it is always swiftly followed by the "Scottish" decision to release the alleged Pan-Am bomber. Nothing like launching the Scottish government onto the international scene.

The Al-Megrahi news pieces are making me chuckle. Each time they mention the uproar in the US it is always swiftly followed by the "Scottish" decision to release the alleged Pan-Am bomber. Nothing like launching the Scottish government onto the international scene.

Links to specific news articles of this type?

Labour MSP Dr Richard Simpson (who worked in prostate disease research before becoming a politician) has said that Abdelbaset Al-megrahi may live for "many more months". Tory MSPs are claiming that "the most recent medical consensus was Megrahi would live eight months".

Obviously he can still walk a bit and we have lots of known sufferers of prostate cancer on here. The expectances are in the 2 to 5 years range and if in autumn 2008 he had an 18 to 24 month expectancy then passing him back now is still a bit wide of the mark. But then again I don't think he did it.

But then again I don't think he did it.

I'm with you on that one RA. Too much circumstantial evidence.

Channel 4 news have been to Tripoli and visited Abdelbaset Al-megrahi in hospital. He looks extremely sick in the video.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/poli...ick+bed/3326097

But when their correspondent Jonathan Miller was asked if he thought Al-megrahi was dying...

"He did look very sick. But aside of all this, a few minutes after I left the room, I was hanging around outside, hoping for a second pop at some of the questions I wasn't able to ask him. A hospital staff member then passed me with a tray of food. I saw a big plate of couscous, a tomato salad and a plate of olives. Was it destined for Megrahi? We don't know."

In that clip of film it shows vital life sign monitor information. 86 on the top display and 98 on the lower with a trace classic bump/bump, I take from that it would be 98 for heart beat (per minute) (sounds a bit fast) and blood pressure of 86 "whatever" (not anything like psi surely). Can anyone with a modicum of medical back ground gain any insight as to his disposition? I would have thought if he was so ill and on oxygen then they would have at least taken his glasses off first!

Documents being released rapidly today, because everyone involved seems convinced he's going down quickly.

His health is said to have 'deteriorated sharply' today.

Looks like my prediction of the 10th October was way off... (hopefully)

His health is said to have 'deteriorated sharply' today.

Looks like my prediction of the 10th October was way off... (hopefully)

Damn, I was hoping that he'd make 2010... oh well, at least he held on until the CPDP...

His health has apparently deteriorated...again.

Now he can't speak...another thing he has in common with Biggs. :rolleyes:

His health has apparently deteriorated...again.

Now he can't speak...another thing he has in common with Biggs. :unsure:

Why would Al-Megrahi do a Biggsie (aka 'a Pinochet'), now that he has been released? When he came out of that aeroplane in Libya, I didn't had the impression that he was trying to make his condition look any worse than it was, why would he do now?

The Libyan authorities never seemed to be concerned about bilateral courtesies either.

He's been back in Libya for a while now and still lives----------it would seem perhaps the reports of his being extremely close to death may have been exagerated. Even Gaddhafi/Qaddafi didn't think it to be impending as he was ablie to fly to the U.S. and make his annual impassioned lunatic speech to the United Nations.

List to date of estimated death dates:

27th Sep = Rotten Ali B)

10th Oct = Windsor <_<

20th Oct = Handrejka

31st Oct = The Miser

4th Nov = Ulitzer95

5th Nov = Gunjaman5000

10th Nov = One Shot Paddy

11th Nov = time

13th Nov = The Unknown Man

14th Nov = themaninblack

21st Dec = heaven can wait