The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2013

Richard Wilson, so start bringing out yer " 6 foot in the Grave' jokes, dusting em off and hold a Dachshund to yer ear for slight amusement.

Pip Pip

icicle

A couple of years ago I saw Richard Wilson play Malvolio at the RSC. For someone who is well over 70 he was remarkably sprightly and cavorted around the stage, so unless there is some medical suggestion of an underlying problem I would not take any bets on him for 2013.

He's showing no signs of slowing down, I'd wager he'll be around for a while yet

However I think his character of Gaius in Merlin will be dead before the end of November - This is a guess not a spoiler!

• Like 1

Murray Walker - seems indestructible. Will be 90 next year and still commentating, still looks well. Mother lived to be 102, and I think he'll be around for a few more years at least. 4/10

Another lap completed Murray Walker 89 today.

Henry Cluney @ 55 one time Stiff Little Finger guitarist underwent an op for a brain tumour today according to a feed from SLF.......will keep an eye on developments.

update re: Henry Cluney -

Henry's been moved out of intensive care this morning to a step-down unit. He's going to be starting rehab therapy this afternoon as well.

Good stuff, he was with SLF when I saw them for the first time aged 15 in Jan 1982, Christ I feel old, thats over 30 years ago.............

• Like 1

The Repbublic of Ireland will lose their football manager to senile dementia,it has set in over the last few months

Guest Mark

Ronald Coase is a nobel prize winning economist who will be 102 in december. Also Jacques Barzun is a famous historian who will be 105 at the end of November

Ronald Coase is a nobel prize winning economist who will be 102 in december. Also Jacques Barzun is a famous historian who will be 105 at the end of November

Coase has stubbornly refused to pay dividends for me in the Rotten Dead Pool this year. Highly obit-worthy, as and when. I think he will see 2013. Both of the above would be good calls in RDP/HPDP situations.

Guest Fred jarvis

cinematographers Douglas Slocombe, 99, and Oswald Morris, 97 must run out of film soon.....

cinematographers Douglas Slocombe, 99, and Oswald Morris, 97 must run out of film soon.....

I would have certainly thought within the next twenty years or so!

Best regards

Syd

George HW Bush is getting up there... for that matter so is President Carter!

Notorious for 'getting up there' Clinton's not looking too chipper. He's my joker for 2013...cigars all round?

George HW Bush is getting up there... for that matter so is President Carter!

Notorious for 'getting up there' Clinton's not looking too chipper. He's my joker for 2013...cigars all round?

I think Bush senior would be a good pick or you could go for Barbara.

Kenneth Baker (former UK conservative education secretary) and Kenny Baker (R2-D2) were both born 1934.

I wonder if anyone ever gets them confused.

I used to think they were the same person, actually, when I was a kid.

The Savile business has thrown up some confusion between Ted Heath (bandleader) and Ted Heath (Prime Minister). Both now departed.

Kenneth Baker (former UK conservative education secretary) and Kenny Baker (R2-D2) were both born 1934.

I wonder if anyone ever gets them confused.

Kenneth Baker is only 77 and I can't find any health info on him.

Kenny Baker might be a better bet, he's had a few health issues over the past year or two.

Reading Charon in the Jimmy So Vile section and the rent boy ring (supply yer own punchline), unaccountably my mind turned to another possibility for 2013: Robert Stigwood, Epsteins former partner and BG promoter. He's been selling up property and looked remarkably frail at Robin Gibb's funeral; either that or he was smuggling a Koala.

Robert Stigwood, Epsteins former partner and BG promoter. He's been selling up property and looked remarkably frail at Robin Gibb's funeral; either that or he was smuggling a Koala.

Whilst acting on this information and adding Robert Stigwood to my database I found Beryl Vertue but she is another of these elusive people whose birthdate is not common knowledge. I do not think she is a good pick for 2013 as on the Sherlock DVD extras she comes across as fit and well but when she does go her association with Sherlock and Stephen Moffatt (Mother-in-law) will guarentee an obit.

Does anybody know how old she is?

Robert Stigwood, Epsteins former partner and BG promoter. He's been selling up property and looked remarkably frail at Robin Gibb's funeral; either that or he was smuggling a Koala.

Whilst acting on this information and adding Robert Stigwood to my database I found Beryl Vertue but she is another of these elusive people whose birthdate is not common knowledge. I do not think she is a good pick for 2013 as on the Sherlock DVD extras she comes across as fit and well but when she does go her association with Sherlock and Stephen Moffatt (Mother-in-law) will guarentee an obit.

Wikipedia has her as a schoolfriend of Alan Simpson, born 27-11-29, which makes him fast approaching 83. So I'd say she was somewhere in that region.

More than that. She was the producer of 'Men Behaving Badly' as well as having a long professional association with Spike Milligan and Tony Hancock...

Guest M R Hungerford

Is the actress who played Grotbags on the Rod Hull show still alive? If so, she must be knocking on a bit.

Is the actress who played Grotbags on the Rod Hull show still alive? If so, she must be knocking on a bit.

Here's her official page on MySpace, hasn't been updated in 5+ years but appears she's still alive

http://www.myspace.com/grotbagsofficial

There's a newspaper report near where she lives, in Somerset (I think) about a local connection about witches. She's now 70, but has "not been in the best of health" in the last few years. I wouldn't pick her for the DDP, but I wouldn't be shocked to hear of her death either.

I hope Grotbags becomes another Deathlist favourite like Clive Dunn.

Reading Charon in the Jimmy So Vile section and the rent boy ring (supply yer own punchline), unaccountably my mind turned to another possibility for 2013: Robert Stigwood, Epsteins former partner and BG promoter. He's been selling up property and looked remarkably frail at Robin Gibb's funeral; either that or he was smuggling a Koala.

Stigwood is a good shout actualy, I had forgotten about him.

Its amazing where your mind leads you to, Ted Heath got a mention in that thread or somewhere, which leads to his old sparring partner Harold Wilson who I was shocked to learn held the royalties (and his estate still does) to ''Flowers in the Rain''..............and the main beneficiary was the Stoke Mandeville hospital, Jimbos favourite..

So on that basis, I nominate Roy Wood.

Stigwood is a good shout actualy, I had forgotten about him.

Its amazing where your mind leads you to, Ted Heath got a mention in that thread or somewhere, which leads to his old sparring partner Harold Wilson who I was shocked to learn held the royalties (and his estate still does) to ''Flowers in the Rain''..............and the main beneficiary was the Stoke Mandeville hospital, Jimbos favourite..

So on that basis, I nominate Roy Wood.

FFS!! Does Wilson's (still surviving) widow pocket the steady stream of cash from that classic? I know the background to the legal case but the cash earned is now out of all proportion to the damage done.

Incidentally, Wilson's widow was "sprightly" two years ago. Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Wilson,_Lady_Wilson_of_Rievaulx