Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

not often u find a site with so many people with so much disrespect for someone who has made something of there life if he was so bad you woulnt of got the chance to ever find out about him. im sure his family dont apriciate no good sites like this ( obviously proud to be sick in the head people )and nor do i i would just like to hope that when your measly little life reaches near the end that everyone is so kind as u have been and if your mentallity on this site is anything to go buy i wish you luck NOT !!!!!!!!!

Let's see if we can sort this out. Translation:

"One is not often confronted with such an appalling lack of respect for the deceased from so many - all the more disconcerting when one considers how much the unfortunate subject has made of his life. Indeed, were he less successful you jackanapes would never have had the opportunity nor the inclination to ridicule his imminent demise. Such sites as yours, undoubtedly the result of a malign and morbid dementia, must cause his grieving family much heartache. I must say, I share their chagrin. One hopes that as the perpetrators of this foul pulchritude approach the ends of their own lives that others treat them with greater respect - or indeed, perhaps not."

Hm, no, his was funnier. Never mind.

• Like 1

Hm, no, his was funnier. Never mind.

Ah, but not so eloquent. It truly captures the passion, not to mention the intent, of the author - difficult given the fragmentary and semi-incoherent nature of the original.

I look forward to your translation of the Dead Sea Scrolls - please reserve me a copy (signed if possible)

Teddy

PS - I have an email from a friend in Newcastle. Can I forward it to you for translation? Oh, nevermind, just read that Geordie is still indecipherable :angel:

PS - I have an email from a friend in Newcastle. Can I forward it to you for translation? Oh, nevermind, just read that Geordie is still indecipherable

As a son of a Geordie and Newcastle Utd fan I could take offence, if only it wasn't true :angel:

Fantastic translation. It does help to have a quality translation, whilst you are still waiting for your first cup of coffee to kick-in.

One hopes that as the perpetrators of this foul pulchritude...

:angel: He, he, five pound word alert, he said pulchritude...

Guest Tony Blackburn
:ghost6::old::P:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest Victoria Harrington
Calm down Guests - lets not get overheated about the Man about the House!

:lol: I went to school with Richard, and he was a great guy, all of us girls had crushes on him. He is not a quitter. I moved to to the US in 1964 and lost touch with most of the Corona Acadamy crowd. I wish him well.

I'm Alan Fluff Freeman, and that was, Pick Of The Coco Pops, live from the breakfast table, here at Brinsworth House.

Tarra!

Guest AussieGuest

Is Richard still alive? (man about the house) and those other two cheeky babes

let me know

Is Richard still alive? (man about the house) and those other two cheeky babes

let me know

Richard O'Sullivan is still alive, but has been in poor health for the longest while. Paula Wilcox (Chrissy) and Sally Thomsett (Jo) are also alive and kicking. Yootha Joyce (Mildred Roper) died August 24th, 1980.

Here is a link with an update on all the stars:

Man about the house - Where are they now?

Hope that helps.

ff

... as for Brian Murphy (George) he is now 71, but still very active in TV and looking far healthier now than when he played the part all those years ago ('spose he was "acting")

Guest Nechrophile

How about a spin off series called "Mrs Blackbird, Shagged Stupid In a Robin's Nest"?

I noticed a surge of interest in the former housewife's choice earlier this evening, is there a free armchair at Brinsworth House?

Guest MATH FANCLUB

SOME OF YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE! YOU THINK YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT CELEBRITIES PERSONAL LIVES BECAUSE YOU READ YOUR POINTLESS MAGAZINES AND JOIN PATHETIC WEBSITES LIKE THIS. I SUGGEST YOU ALL TAKE YOUR SWEATY HANDS OUT OF YOUR TROUSERS AND TRY SOME MORMAL SOCIAL INTERGRATION.

TOSSERS.

SOME OF YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE! YOU THINK YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT CELEBRITIES PERSONAL LIVES BECAUSE YOU READ YOUR POINTLESS MAGAZINES AND JOIN PATHETIC WEBSITES LIKE THIS. I SUGGEST YOU ALL TAKE YOUR SWEATY HANDS OUT OF YOUR TROUSERS AND TRY SOME MORMAL SOCIAL INTERGRATION.

TOSSERS.

I do like to read a well constructed rant of an evening before I go home.

TOSSERS.

How you can type while wearing a straight-jacket should be applauded.

I suppose your problem is evidenced by your multiple personalities (bear in mind that you are an individual. So, try and end your messages with the singular "T*SSER", rather than "T*SSERS".

That way you can aspire to some "care in the community".

According to the dictionary:

Mormal (adj)

Of or pertaining to Mormons (qv)

According to the dictionary:

Mormal (adj)

Of or pertaining to Mormons (qv)

Ahh, as in having more than one wife. Do other people's wives count? That may help explain Richard's past - we hadn't realised he was a Mormon :rolleyes:

I don't mean to be pedantic but it seems to be quite a hobby amongst posters here :P its actually spelt strait jacket.

I don't mean to be pedantic but it seems to be quite a hobby amongst posters here :P its actually spelt strait jacket.

Pedantic? Moi? :referee:

regards,

Hein

How you can  :P its actually spelt strait jacket.

...don't get me started on "its"....

:referee:

Straight To The Point

"Although straitjacket is the most common form, strait-jacket is also frequently used, and, in England, strait-waistcoat. The spelling straight-jacket is a now valid alternative, although the original term came from strait meaning narrow or confined; thus straitjacket is preferable."

Guest Mash

Hello all I enjoyed the banter about Richard O'Sullivan, but it made me think of another old actor I havent heard about in a while, Robin Nedwell, also from the Doctor in the house series, is he still with us, past, or on the list?