Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

So, How's Your 2015 Shortlist Looking?

You cracked out the Google Docs and been down the British Library to research it yet?

Repeating a trend from 2013, the proposed joker died in October.

• Like 1

40 names jotted down in the back of my diary, with one or two scribbled out (Lynda, obv!). Must get round to seeing how they're all faring...

Fuck off

Good providing no more people die in the next two months have already had to replace Bellingham and Maynard who I had down as joker.

Had a fever dream about Mario Van Peebles dying last night and me being really annoyed that I hadn't picked him.

Nicely :

21 nailed-on dead certs, but many likely to go before the start line arrives.

10 more of the obvious candidates on the back up list.

Nowt, like, really exciting in there but I'm reckoning on swifter and more widespread scoring than 2014. Not sure we have a Wilko in there who'll pull a u turn and grasp at life so well.

1 definite. A handful of possibles and fourteen blank spaces. Probably gonna be diwn on Christmas day this year.

The usual. 25+ names, all of whom will be granted eternal life by being on my DDP team's list. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I haven't really pared down my list yet just wrote down names throughout the year,but it looks like the person I have pegged for my joker won't make it to Jan.

How's my 2015 shortlist looking?

Nearly everyone on it already died.

Unlike my 2014 list.

• Like 2

Currently have a 70-name-long shortlist (so hardly a shortlist at this point...) that I've started to whittle down over the past couple weeks. Have only locked on the names that seem guaranteed deaths so far but will be astonished if every one of those makes it to the new year.

EDIT: And with Diem Brown's death not every one of those names will.

Seems like there's a lot less in the way of locks for 2014 than there have been in recent years? Although admittedly the three locks for 2014 were Johnson, Harper and Simon and look how well that's gone.

• Like 1

Not even started my list. Probably do one on the 30th December.

Deathrace entries close that day, NOT 31st, just sayin', like.

I have a bet with myself that entails there won't be any lists until then and I won't say when.

3tu1jd.jpg

Seems like there's a lot less in the way of locks for 2014 than there have been in recent years? Although admittedly the three locks for 2014 were Johnson, Harper and Simon and look how well that's gone.

Don't forget billy graham he was at deaths door near the end of December and pretty much everyone picked him.

To me this year has been the most unpredictable since i have joined this site though maybe their was one even more unpredictable before i joined .

I have about 10 names locked and about 25 that I need to whittle down to 13 , 10 for main list and 3 back ups .

Some fine tuning of my team which I hope will do better than this year's fiasco. I think I've had more misses than hits this year...

The years not over yet TMIB you could still get more hits!

Given my poor performance this year I'm stuffing my top 50 with the older crowd.

Still all legitimately famous though, so not as low hanging as some nobody whose family are toying with switching off their life support machine which will definitely be covered by the Daily Mail because they are third cousins once removed to some TOWIE celebrity whose only claim to fame in the last 6 months was that the DM were able to long-lens her cellulite whilst she was showing off her 'so-called' bikini body in Ibiza whilst allegedly indulging in wild sex parties...which means publishing an obit for the original nobody gives the DM an excuse to publish the cellulite pictures again.

• Like 4

It feels like the only really "big" picks on the competitive side this year to croak were Sally Farmiloe, Katherine Crowe, Casey Kasem, and Wojciech Jaruzelski, and the latter two weren't worth a lot pointwise. Maybe a few others could be considered borderline, but regardless it's telling of how odd a year it's been when there's still a couple theme teams in the top 20.

Shortlist under 50 names now...