Guest Catherine

Billy Graham

i only wish his brand of evangelicalism/fundamentalism would die with him...

Not very likely. There's good money in it.

regards,

Hein

i only wish his brand of evangelicalism/fundamentalism would die with him...

Not very likely. There's good money in it.

regards,

Hein

Yes, I can find it online now but years ago I read an article in which Billy admitted he knew nothing about theology... Wish I could find the article again. 'Twas an insightful read.

My father is ready to go to Heaven and whenever that day comes - he's ready,

- I wish they could be a bit more specific as to when

My father is ready to go to Heaven and whenever that day comes - he's ready,

- I wish they could be a bit more specific as to when

According to that link Graham is currently weak and struggles to communicate but his "vitals" are good and he could go on like that for "months." DL/ HPDP fodder for sure, then, but maybe not the nailed-on high-scoring bet some of us Deathracers were hoping for.

Won't be too good for me either since he's the first name on my HPDP entry....

*searches for an emoticon that consists of one of the little smiley face guys putting a pistol up to his own head but can't find one*

He might make it to next year yet.

Dr Z, you should've asked.

I keep 'em close to hand..

suicide.gif

He might make it to next year yet.

No he won't.

"So weak that a cold could take his life" according to his son, Franklin.

Irrelevant, but I thought it was funny: He goes on to say that he needs his father to survive because he really '...enjoy having lunch with him every Sunday'. Either that's one really amazing lunch or he finds his father so boring that their lunchtime is the only thing he'll miss when Billy dies.

"So weak that a cold could take his life" according to his son, Franklin.

Irrelevant, but I thought it was funny: He goes on to say that he needs his father to survive because he really '...enjoy having lunch with him every Sunday'. Either that's one really amazing lunch or he finds his father so boring that their lunchtime is the only thing he'll miss when Billy dies.

Perhaps he should catch a cold, he seems to recover well from bouts of pneumonia.

I just listen to one of his speeches for the first time...the "What's Wrong with the World" clip from 1958...and to be honest, I couldn't stop laughing at the way he speaks. He sounds so melodramatic! :ph34r:

Fair play to the man's stickability, mind...loads of us hereabouts thought he was nailed on as 2014's first big death.

For someone who is so close to the Lord, he doesnt appear to want to meet him any time soon.

Thinking about it, Im wondering just how many high profile preachers/people of the cloth have lived to an age beyond the human average.

There must be something in prayer.....

For someone who is so close to the Lord, he doesnt appear to want to meet him any time soon.

Thinking about it, Im wondering just how many high profile preachers/people of the cloth have lived to an age beyond the human average.

There must be something in prayer.....

Or the Lord isn't so keen on meeting them.

• Like 1

Two comedians are dead, and the religious fundamentalist still lives.... I guess it's the same refusal-to-go attitude in life that keeps fundamentalists from dying. They probably believe that if they die, the hippies win.

• Like 1

Two comedians are dead, and the religious fundamentalist still lives.... I guess it's the same refusal-to-go attitude in life that keeps fundamentalists from dying. They probably believe that if they die, the hippies win.

Fun fact: Billy Graham's middle name is 'Strawman'

• Like 1

We've all thought Billy was at death's door for the last 6 months, but is he still writing columns/responses to questions from followers?

http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/billy-graham/article608153.html

Or is it one of his employees writing them under his name........

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/billy.grahams.daughter.says.the.end.is.near.calls.for.a.week.of.prayer/38524.htm - Now the headline of this title just seems deliberately misleading!It looks like his daughter has lost it due to her husbands ill health( and no doubt her fathers as well)!

I think she's always lost the plot, I doubt it's a new thing.

I've always had a hard time with people insisting that we suddenly start praying. If their deity is omnipresent and omniscient, surely he'd be aware of what's going on. Unless she's suggesting it's a last minute petition to the deity to say "hey don't wipe us out just yet!". But as someone told me a month or so ago when allegedly it was the work of "angels" that saved a small child when he fell out of an 11th floor window onto a pile of mulch and then just a day or so later 250+ Turkish miners were killed, that we weren't to question why "God" does what he does.