Sign in to follow this  
Guest Denis Healey

Denis Healey

I had a conversation with a colleague who recalled hearing an American conspiracy theorist who believed Denis was the head of the Iluminatii and would not even speak his name.

Had a brief google but only came up with Bilderberg group theories. Does anyone know anything else about this?

Looks like it's about this quote of his: “World events do not occur by accident. They are made to happen, whether it is to do with national issues or commerce; and most of them are staged and managed by those who hold the purse strings.

Which then leads to things like this here: http://www.rense.com/general83/cdiv.htm

• Like 1

Guest Guest

I have extensively googled Lord Healey and I can confirm that his last public appearance or comment was the day Tony Benn died last year ,March 14, 2014, when he gave an interview to Newsnight. He appeared very frail in that interview. In the preceding year , by contrast, he made numerous public appearances and comments. Clearly his condition has deteriorated a lot in the past year or someone like Healey would not resist commenting on the political situation, esp with a general election coming up. Does it mean he's going to die tomorrow? No ,not necessarily. But he's worth keeping a close eye on. That's all I'm saying ...

I have extensively googled Lord Healey and I can confirm that his last public appearance or comment was the day Tony Benn died last year ,March 14, 2014, when he gave an interview to Newsnight. He appeared very frail in that interview. In the preceding year , by contrast, he made numerous public appearances and comments. Clearly his condition has deteriorated a lot in the past year or someone like Healey would not resist commenting on the political situation, esp with a general election coming up. Does it mean he's going to die tomorrow? No ,not necessarily. But he's worth keeping a close eye on. That's all I'm saying ...

Why aren't you posting all of this Denis Healey stuff in the Denis Healey thread?

Guest Guest

No idea really .The moderators are free to move it if they want

Edited by Magere Hein
3 posts moved from topic "Political Frailty"

No idea really .The moderators are free to move it if they want

Hmmphr, grmbl.

• Like 1

Do we think maybe BBC4 might soon have a reason to repeat this masterpiece?

Do we think maybe BBC4 might soon have a reason to repeat this masterpiece?

Is this you on the left?

image.jpg

If you were saying that it looks a bit like the guy in my avatar....... thats just some guy from a film :rolleyes:

Also, I would have been far too young to be able to get along unmolested in the world of TV in 1994.

If you were saying that it looks a bit like the guy in my avatar....... thats just some guy from a film :rolleyes:

Also, I would have been far too young to be able to get along unmolested in the world of TV in 1994.

I think you look more like Arthur Wellesley. :P

Is Denis Deadblocking the deadpool?

Are we overlooking other senior UK politicians because of Denis and possibly Lord Carrington because they won't ruddy well die.

However I cannot suggest dropping Denis for 2016.

Someone on here - possibly a guest - was foretelling the imminent demise of old Denis, as he hadn't appeared in the media for a year. Well, he's not appeared here, but a journalist from The Guardian has visited him in recent days.

At 97, he is obviously not as physically robust as people remember him – as with one of his successors at No 11, Lord Lawson, one sees a slimmer version – but still mentally alert, a genial host, who proudly showed us (I was with Alun Evans, incoming British Academy chief executive) around various studies, and an impressive collection of books, paintings and photographs. There were fond references to Edna, his late wife, and to his three children, with whom he keeps in close touch.

One of the secrets of longevity is said to be an active interest in life. Over coffee, his helper, Carol, gave him the latest Hansard – “very good debates in the Lords, you know”. There was an amusing moment when he opened his Coutts bank statement in front of us: “Oh, £10.75 in credit I see… ”

No change there then.

Are we really gonna classify someone who reads Hansard for enjoyment as "alive"?

*shakes head*

• Like 1

Are we really gonna classify someone who reads Hansard for enjoyment as "alive"?

*shakes head*

Forget Hansard, he reads, as a rule that's a sign of intelligent life!

• Like 1

*shakes head*

Forget Hansard, he reads, as a rule that's a sign of intelligent life!

my mum has like 2000 books probably. if not more. so..... I'm afraid your rules might need to be re-located to your crypto-cumbrian crevice. =/

--------

Erm..... edit to add: If he likes the House of Lords so much why doesn't he speak out against Ed Miliband's policy to scrap it? He is a Lord himself for fuck's sake! Where's the intelligence there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llS3mD45ygc :Interview dated earlier this month.Looks pretty good for a man approaching 98.Warning incredibly annoying interviewer!!

Apparently he was

Chancellor of Exeter in the 1970s

Depleted Leader of the Labour Party in the 1980s

Nice to see the original People's Eyebrows are still holding up fairly well

We shouldn't have put him on the death list those eyebrows probably have special powers

Looks a fair bit frailer indeed than last time he was filmed in April.Appears to have misplaced his dentures also.http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b061qmp0/newsnight-06072015 (appears about 40 minutes in )

-Also features Lord Carrington who looks reasonably well.

-Lord Hutchinson the oldest life peer and Labour candidate in the 1945 election in the Westminster Abbey constituency.He turned 100 in March but looks bloody good!

I hadn't realised Hutchison was still alive until he showed up on Newsnight a week or two ago. Looked good for 100.

I hadn't realised Hutchison was still alive until he showed up on Newsnight a week or two ago. Looked good for 100.

He was my Deathrace joker - that went well.

FFS. How many more little late-night date nights are Snoozenight gonna have with this beige-faced non-knight in his twilight?

Also it was nasty seeing his old man gums, although I suppose regular viewers are already used to looking at Evan "Crikey, that meerkat looks like he's had a rough life" Davis so it won't have been too bad for them.

Well placed to reach the century I reckon...

98 today !!