Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Voters choosing who will represent them in the North Carolina House this week could choose a candidate who has died.

The family of Dare County Commissioner Warren Judge said he died on Saturday. He was the Democratic candidate for House District 6 in the General Assembly.

SC

http://abc11.com/politics/candidate-for-legislative-seat-dies-name-stays-on-ballot/1592893/

Turkish prince and former Deputy Minister of Defense Turki II bin Abd al-Aziz Al Sa'ud has died aged 82. He was only one year older than the current king Salman... :crossbone:

http://www.shemsfm.net/fr/154010/arabie-saoudite-deces-du-prince-turki-ii-onzieme-fils-du-roi-abdelaziz.html

Voters choosing who will represent them in the North Carolina House this week could choose a candidate who has died.

The family of Dare County Commissioner Warren Judge said he died on Saturday. He was the Democratic candidate for House District 6 in the General Assembly.

SC

http://abc11.com/politics/candidate-for-legislative-seat-dies-name-stays-on-ballot/1592893/

he'll still do a better job than Donald Trump probably

A welcome boost to my Hare's prospects. And yes, Secretary of Defense is an 100% guaranteed obit.

Hawaii Rep. Clift Tsuji, 74, passed away at the Queen’s Medical Center on Oahu today, according to a spokesman for the state House of Representatives. Tsuji represented House District 2 including Keaukaha, parts of Hilo, Panaewa and Waiakea.

SC

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/local-news/rep-clift-tsuji-dies

Right-wing Italian politician Gaetano Rasi is dead at 89. Very underrated during his life, and I guess forgotten after his death.

http://www.secoloditalia.it/2016/11/addio-gaetano-rasi-maestro-pensiero-sociale-destra/

A list of former living Greek presidents/Prime ministers:

Presidents:

*Christos Sartzetakis (1929), president from 1985 to 1990

*Karolous Papoulias (1929), president from 2005 to 2015

*Prokopis Pavlopoulos (1950), current president

Prime ministers:

*Ioannis Grivas (1923), served in 1989

*Freaking Konstantinos Mitsotakis (1918), Prime Minister from 1990 to 1993 and arguably the most famous Greek politician of the Third Hellenic Republic

*Konstantinos Simitis (1936), served between 1996-2004

*Kostas Karamanlis (1956), served between 2004 and 2009

*Lucas Papademos (1947), served between 2011 and 2012

*Panagiotis Pikrammenos (1945) s. in 2012

*Antonis Samaras (1951), s. b. 2012 and 2015

*Vassiliki Thanou-Christophilou (1950), served in 2015

*Alexis Tsipras (1974), current

Colombian President and Nobel Prize 2016 winner Juan Manuel Santos requires "additional treatment" for his long term prostate cancer. "It's minimal" he says, flying to the USA for treatment.

Colombian President and Nobel Prize 2016 winner Juan Manuel Santos, when asked his chance of making the 2017 Drop 40: "It's minimal" he says.

You could say that about anyone, Sir Creep, given there's 3000 entries in the DDP every year, and only forty in the Drop 40.

You could say that about anyone, Sir Creep, given there's 3000 entries in the DDP every year, and only forty in the Drop 40.

Oooooo the Fun Police have arrived.

OCD much?

OCD much?

On this forum? Surely not!

:D

• Like 4

Dr. David Wright of Clarion passed away on Friday. In November, 1976 David Wright was elected to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives and served until November 30, 1996. No Representative from Clarion County had ever served as long as Wright’s twenty-year tenure.

SC

http://www.c93radio.com/2016/11/21/dr-david-wright-former-state-rep-dies/

Thomas Taylor, Lord Taylor of Blackburn dies aged 87 after crashing his mobility scooter into a van. He was previously suspended from the Lords for the cash for influence scandal in 2009.

Background details by the Lancashire Telegraph in January:

Lord Taylor, who claimed £29,100 in tax-free attendance allowances over six months last year, is one of 117 peers who did not speak in 2015, and one of 50 who claimed the £300 a day fee for turning up.

Between January 1 2014 and March 25 2015 he voted 73 times but has not sat on a Lords committee for more than a decade.

The former leader of Blackburn Council, made a Life Peer in May 1978, was suspended from the Lords for six months in 2009 after allegedly offering to help a business secure favourable changes in legislation for a fee in a newspaper 'sting' operation.

Lord Taylor said: "I only speak on matters on which I have some knowledge and experience.

"My voting record is pretty good.

"I was asked to join the Lords by Jim Callaghan because of my expertise in education but thing have moved in in that field.

• Like 1

Thomas Taylor, Lord Taylor of Blackburn dies aged 87 after crashing his mobility scooter into a van. He was previously suspended from the Lords for the cash for influence scandal in 2009.

Background details by the Lancashire Telegraph in January:

Lord Taylor, who claimed £29,100 in tax-free attendance allowances over six months last year, is one of 117 peers who did not speak in 2015, and one of 50 who claimed the £300 a day fee for turning up.

Between January 1 2014 and March 25 2015 he voted 73 times but has not sat on a Lords committee for more than a decade.

The former leader of Blackburn Council, made a Life Peer in May 1978, was suspended from the Lords for six months in 2009 after allegedly offering to help a business secure favourable changes in legislation for a fee in a newspaper 'sting' operation.

Lord Taylor said: "I only speak on matters on which I have some knowledge and experience.

"My voting record is pretty good.

"I was asked to join the Lords by Jim Callaghan because of my expertise in education but thing have moved in in that field.

One less Lord a Leaping this Xmas.

• Like 3

Presidents:

Prime ministers:

*Freaking Konstantinos Mitsotakis (1918), Prime Minister from 1990 to 1993 and arguably the most famous Greek politician of the Third Hellenic Republic

Grivas now dead.

http://www.newsbeast.gr/greece/arthro/2476491/pethane-o-ioannis-grivas

Presidents:

Prime ministers:

Grivas now dead.

http://www.newsbeast.gr/greece/arthro/2476491/pethane-o-ioannis-grivas

crikey former world leaders are dropping like flies in winter these days !