Death Watch Beatle

Stephen Hawking

Bah!

At least the media didn't try to hype it up with the whole "Hawking is gonna die in a matter of days" thing that the media did with the likes of Patrick Swayze, Ed McMahon, and Farrah Fawcett.

As no-one else has commented on it, I loved the cartoon in the "Metro"...

As did the Telegraph... :):crossbone::skull:

Stephen - let life take it's course. As I always say, there's no point beating yourself up about it. (Hopefully. there's always the missus to do it for you.)

As no-one else has commented on it, I loved the cartoon in the "Metro"...

As did the Telegraph... ;):banghead::banghead:

Stephen Hawking no doubt loved it too - he has a sense of humour about his disability as proved by his numerous appearances on Victor Lewis-Smith's "TV Offal" - anyone remember where one of the gay Daleks was tickling him with a feather duster prompting an electronic "oh no, not the feather duster, har-he-har-he-harharhar" response?

He's retiring from his post at Cambridge, but sounds (well, you know what I mean) in good health in this clip. Maybe he's thinking of a career in stand-up (well, you know what I mean) judging by the final quip.

He's retiring from his post at Cambridge, but sounds (well, you know what I mean) in good health in this clip. Maybe he's thinking of a career in stand-up (well, you know what I mean) judging by the final quip.

I'd much prefer it if he followed (up on) his Electric dreams

From the way that they presented that, you'd think that he was already dead. :lol:

From the way that they presented that, you'd think that he was already dead. :lol:

I bet that's not even his real voice.

A "very ill" Stephen Hawking has been taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge...

That story is dated 20/4/2009. Is he still ill?

And there was me thinking that my DDP might escape being an absolute disaster. :D

Not really health news as such, but, according to his daughter, Professor Hawking is gradually losing his ability to communicate.

Hawking relies on a muscle in his cheek to communicate, using it to fire an infrared beam attached to the arm of his glasses which in turn moves the cursor on a screen dictionary he uses to select words. It’s an arduous process that now presents new challenges, ‘His communication speed has slowed down as his cheek muscle has deteriorated. That’s very frustrating for him. We’re looking into ways of finding a device that doesn’t rely on that one muscle.

On the other hand, if he gets annoying you could shut him up for an hour or two with a dose of local anaesthetic!

Guest Cambridge Student

Saw him being wheeled around Cambridge a few weeks ago. Looked very unwell, moreso than usual.

Well hope he stays alive longer so he can finish his current project, some pan dimentional transport, so I can get off this fucking rock with Za Za and Maggie still living. I want to live in that dimension where they're actually dead a LONGGG time ago.

LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE Hawkings. Live.

I'm definitely regretting leaving him off my DDP team now. I'll be surprised if he makes it to 2012

Guest Guest

Unconfirmed reports are that Stephen Hawking is on the way out.Watch this space...

Unconfirmed reports are that Stephen Hawking is on the way out.Watch this space...

Stop speaking out your black hole.