millwall32

Alex Higgins (And Snooker)

Guest Droosy

love snooker, my faves are Mark Allen and Stephen Maguire; they seem to be great chaps, Ronnie is an enigma, though still liking him, but the one I really can´t stand is the "magician" Murphy - he looks like a bigoted tory boy from Sunday School and his playing puts me to sleep.....by the way, Barry Pinches is looking surprisingly old for his age, resembling Steve Davis, who is like 15 years older - we shall keep a close watch on him

There's no general snooker discussion thread on here, so I'll park this here unless a mod sees fit to migrate it.

Ronniegate? What do people think about that 146 and ronnie's post match interview yesterday, is he going a bit doolally?

He's a knob. Always has been always will be.

• Like 2

Guest Droosy

There's no general snooker discussion thread on here, so I'll park this here unless a mod sees fit to migrate it.

Ronniegate? What do people think about that 146 and ronnie's post match interview yesterday, is he going a bit doolally?

nope, he is not a knob! With that 146 he was just teasing us, so he might be a troll, but definitely not a knob! He is an enigma!

nope, he is not a knob! With that 146 he was just teasing us, so he might be a troll, but definitely not a knob! He is an enigma!

The two aren't mutually exclusive, but I retract the statement, and instead say he's capable of some knobbish behaviour, which exhibits far too often.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, but I retract the statement, and instead say he's capable of some knobbish behaviour, which exhibits far too often.

I'd probably rank abandoning he's kid above knobbish behaviour?

I'd probably rank abandoning he's kid above knobbish behaviour?

Knobbish behaviour, abandoning your children, acting as if the world dealt you a raw deal making you that good at poking balls round a table for an extremely good living instead of having to work in a call centre or something? So, Knob then.

So is R O'S to snooker as Pheel is to darts? Loved by the casual and despised by the actual fans?

Except Ronnie has never tried to rape two women in a Scottish caravan park.

• Like 1

So is R O'S to snooker as Pheel is to darts? Loved by the casual and despised by the actual fans?

For my money they are loved (if that is the word) for being entertaining. Which is fine as far as it goes.

However conflating this with them actually being decent human beings is simply incorrect.

John Terry is another example, in a world where nobody was interested in football and it pays nothing, he's just another yobbo.

I love how you manage to slip a reference to that in at any connection to the darts player. Especially as I first heard of it via this forum, as Sky coverage had mysteriously whitewashed it from their 24/7 darts coverage.

Mind you, last I ever saw darts, Sid Waddell wasn't dead yet.

Bit more complex. He's an absolute wonder to behold on a table which all fans appreciate when he turns up and does his job, but off it and occasionally at it he's a cunt like Higgins before him. Snooker will always have a player like that.

If we're talking snooker cunts, I nominate that fat, sweaty, cheating wankstain Stephen Lee. I would never tire of stamping on his blubbery face.

• Like 4

So he's calling himself "the grandfather of snooker" now but I think he might have some competition

29wpmpk.jpg

• Like 1

So he's calling himself "the grandfather of snooker" now but I think he might have some competition

29wpmpk.jpg

Fuck, you actually posted something funny. O'Sullivan does look a bit worn for a 40 something, on the flip side Steve Davis looks cracking for a 58 year old. Davis is actually old enough to be Ronnie's father though.

Guest Droosy

Ali Carter, battling Crohn´s disease, testicular and lung cancer, managed to beat the defending champion, Stuart Bingham. I guess the Crucible curse is stronger than the curse of Eurovision or even the overrated Beatles curse

Guest Droosy

29wpmpk.jpg

Fuck, you actually posted something funny. O'Sullivan does look a bit worn for a 40 something, on the flip side Steve Davis looks cracking for a 58 year old. Davis is actually old enough to be Ronnie's father though.

Ronnie stealing the show again by not showing up for the mandatory press conference......he´s such a knob, I guess that next he will tease us with a deliberately played 146 or with taking a brown tea mug to the venue :shoot:http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/apr/19/ronnie-osullivan-warned-snooker-world-championship-media

29wpmpk.jpg

Ronnie stealing the show again by not showing up for the mandatory press conference......he´s such a knob, I guess that next he will tease us with a deliberately played 146 or with taking a brown tea mug to the venue :shoot:http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/apr/19/ronnie-osullivan-warned-snooker-world-championship-media

Hopefully he gets knocked out by Hawkins/Zhang in the next round.

• Like 1

29wpmpk.jpg

Hopefully he gets knocked out by Hawkins/Zhang in the next round.

Hopefully Hawkins/Zhang upper cut him to knock him out, rather than beating him at snooker

Guest Droosy

Well, Ronnie is knocked out of the tournament, hurrrrrahhhh. Unfortunately, he is being obnoxious in the commentary box and his "banter" with co-commentators makes his playing antics almost bearable!. There is no win-win situation with Ronnie....

Guest Droosy

I want the finals to be Angles vs Fu, but I fear this will never happen. By the way, why is Selby called the Jester (just because it rhymes with Leicester?), because he is as wooden as a plank

I want the finals to be Angles vs Fu, but I fear this will never happen. By the way, why is Selby called the Jester (just because it rhymes with Leicester?), because he is as wooden as a plank

Yes, or somebody had a severe attack of sarcasm syndrome.

I suppose it could have been uncle fester from leicester or something or...... ach make your own up.

I'd still sooner have him than Ronnie, at least he's not an arse (or obviously an arse anyway).