The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

God invented death not us !

Which god? Osiris?
  • Like 2

Guest Guest

I unfortunately stumbled across this site.

The one thing that you are forgetting is that each person is someone's mother, brother, son etc how awful to see your loved one on this list and the dreadful comments made about people that are ill and vulnerable.

This site should be banned and then maybe you could do something useful with your time like volunteering for a local charity!

One of the requirements to be on the list is fame, so the families of these people aren't generally going to be shocked by anything, given the existence of things like tabloids. It's not like the site is picking out random elderly folks in the nursing home and laughing at their misfortune. These are people whose deaths will be reported and sensationalized in the media already, and whose illnesses are well known and talked about. You have a lot more work to do to put a stop to this than wagging your finger at this site. Even the social media circles are out of control, as so many people like to use celebrity deaths as a means to talk about themselves. Like, "Oh, Patrick Swayze died? I was such a fan! I bought all of his movies, and watched them every weekend. I dressed as him for Halloween twice! I will never be able to look at my Dirty Dancing poster again without crying. WOE IS ME. me me me me me"

I always saw this site as a kind of a "fuck you" to the popular media's way of handling things. It's a pretty barebones site, no frills here. No 24-hour coverage of the death of Michael Jackson. Just some basic forums and some chatting about celebrities whose times are just about over. Really it's just another way of coping with the inevitability of death. You can sit around being sad about it all you want, but it's going to happen. Might as well have a sense of humor about it.

Where is the British sense of humour these days? We have been running a RIP list since 2004 in our pub, so tell those people who have won over the years such winnings as Bobby Robson £1000. Pavarotti £600 Mickey Rooney £400 etc etc.. that is a bad idea.............. Our problem now is that we should be trying to bring some younger potentials in to our list, and this is where any suggestions would be helpful.

Our list has been won in June with the late Eli Wallach, but only worth £120 to the lucky winner, and it would be nice to build up the pot.

what is interesting is that those who described our list as "morbid, disgusting, distasteful ,abhorrent and vile" are the same people who want to go on it when a vacancy becomes available and are on the phone when a celebrity has gone with the immortal comment "Who had them"

Take it for what it is.............light hearted, topical and interesting, so much so that we had to increase out list to 60 names to cope with the demand, and we have a waiting list of 7 names ...........all this in a small pub.

• Like 1

I am just curious; every time somebody dies it says details to follow, and later on some details appear. But this year nobody is putting up any details! I hope it's not some kind of depression or something.... hoping you get to put something on soon! Ta very much! (Robin Williams was sure a big surprise, wasn't he?)

I am just curious; every time somebody dies it says details to follow, and later on some details appear. But this year nobody is putting up any details! I hope it's not some kind of depression or something.... hoping you get to put something on soon! Ta very much! (Robin Williams was sure a big surprise, wasn't he?)

Whilst this point is raised by a guest it's a serious one is not. How long can our community survive with the website seemingly no longer regarded by it's owner as worthy of their time - sorry if there's a genuine issue causing this like illness or heaven forbid death but I'd have assumed the latter to have been reported; it would be weird would it not to run a site of this nature and not want the community to know your gone or given this site's origins it would be nigh on impossible for no-one in the owners circles to be aware and relay - so barring illness in which case I apologise - you wouldn't have a sports blog and forum where no actual news was relayed on the blog, would you?

Surely if the person who used to update the site (can) no longer (wants to) update it for whatever reason then they should at least look at finding somebody who can? We're in August and not a single update for the whole year, yet the last death of 2013 was adequately updated very quickly. What is going on? How hard can it be to write a paragraph once in a blue moon?

To clarify I am aware that this site is a free service and that I really have no right to complain, the fact the forum is still up and free is brilliant and that the person is entitled to do with their site what they wish, that said on a serious note; is the usual updater of the main site (assumedly the site owner) okay? (Yes, I'm also aware that question is a private matter that may not be answered);

Guest TheGrimFarter

DEATH TO DEATHLIST!

DEATH TO DEATHLIST!

Thanks, come again sometime

DEATH TO DEATHLIST!

Yes, that's the gist of it...

• Like 1

Ian Paisely on the front page

Considering all of the stuff that is available on the internet anyone who comes on here to rant about our lack of taste and sensitivity is really looking for something to rant about.

Everyone enjoys watching those morbid montages at the end of the year when they list everyone who has died but because we get in early we are considered to be a bunch of sickos.

We may walk the tightrope of taste but we are finely balanced.

• Like 1

Guest Roger Bruce

Can't this website do Ian Paisley even the basic courtesy of spelling his name right when he makes a "success" for it. VERY sloppy and disrespectful, whatever one thinks of his politics!

Can't this website do Ian Paisley even the basic courtesy of spelling his name right when he makes a "success" for it. VERY sloppy and disrespectful, whatever one thinks of his politics!

I'll spell it right

C-U-N-T

• Like 2

Guest JT

I think its fair to say this website is no more, it is a dead website, it has ceased to be...or at least have any raison d'être

At one time, it had some wit where there would be a pun-driven summary of the demise of a death list participant...now, it only has a photo and 'details to follow'....I guess fashion changes.....and the ideas have dried up

(why am I here? To hopefully have seen some witty remarks regarding Dr P's recent demise)

Guest Guest

NEVER! NEVER! NEVERRRRRRR!!!!!!! 😡

Guest anonymouse

I like traffic lights

Traffic-lights-001.jpg

I like traffic lights

Traffic-lights-001.jpg

You seem to be in the wrong forum. Try this one.

Guest anonymouse

I like traffic lights

Traffic-lights-001.jpg

Right forum ... traffic lights are cool!

I like traffic lights

Traffic-lights-001.jpg

Right forum ... traffic lights are cool!

So, you've got a week's holiday between Christmas and New Year, then?

Guest Sir Creep

I'm here for advice, it's a rant but not against your page. I need a few peoples feedback.

Our league is desperately divided into two factions re: Lauren Hill. The simple rule is that you are not a celebrity by the mere fact you may die soon. We also have 5 categories, one of which is 'sports', and you must have two people in each category.

Someone (unfortunately our 2014 champ) submitted Lauren Hill's name. I as commish vetoed it upon receipt and said she is a nobody other than a brain tumor and they let her play and score a basket and it's a feel-good story. He responded that she is a college basketball player and I'm like so fucking what.

Am I wrong or right? I'm willing to have a few nimrods quit or whatever to eliminate bullshit for years to come, but prefer to settle it amicably. The fact is, but for her medical condition no one would have ever heard of her. She doesn't qualify under any metric, TO ME, as 'celebrity'. Or am I a loony and it can be said that all college athletes are 'celebrities', which is his argument.

It probably is meaningless on your side of the Pond but I'm guessing you've had similar situations.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sir Creep

[PS: 3 days in and I got a 'hit' with Jimmy Dickens].

She shouldn't count. She's not on my list.

I'm here for advice, it's a rant but not against your page. I need a few peoples feedback.

Our league is desperately divided into two factions re: Lauren Hill. The simple rule is that you are not a celebrity by the mere fact you may die soon. We also have 5 categories, one of which is 'sports', and you must have two people in each category.

Someone (unfortunately our 2014 champ) submitted Lauren Hill's name. I as commish vetoed it upon receipt and said she is a nobody other than a brain tumor and they let her play and score a basket and it's a feel-good story. He responded that she is a college basketball player and I'm like so fucking what.

Am I wrong or right? I'm willing to have a few nimrods quit or whatever to eliminate bullshit for years to come, but prefer to settle it amicably. The fact is, but for her medical condition no one would have ever heard of her. She doesn't qualify under any metric, TO ME, as 'celebrity'. Or am I a loony and it can be said that all college athletes are 'celebrities', which is his argument.

It probably is meaningless on your side of the Pond but I'm guessing you've had similar situations.

Sir Creep

College, smollage. How many collages does the USA have? 100? 500? Each must have a team or two. So I guess thousands of young fit people are playing collage basketball. In that group you may very well get a tragic case of a young person getting a serious cancer. The press are only interested in writing meaty stories and this ticks their box. If she were in the USA women's team then fine. But if she is one regular player with an illness then she can only be famous for the illness and thus the game player picking that ill person is just looking for a short cut to a points payout.

• Like 1

Sir Creep

The simple answer is you need clear rules, like most of the best dead pools, on age, what counts as an obit etc. So it's college-smollage if it's DDP over here but she'd count for the Deathrace assuming an English language obit turned up in a half-decent college basketball magazine or similar. Clear rules don't stop arguments completely, but they stop the kind of stand-off you're describing.

Yeah, this is a to-do you got yourself into by not specifying what makes someone "famous". Clearly Lauren was not of any note whatsoever before her illness, but the subsequent media coverage and charity work (raising $1m in two months is pretty impressive tbh) means she'll obit everywhere. Congratulate last year's champ on some sly chicanery and institute a rule for next year that all nominations have to have a Wikipedia entry before being picked.

Well Little Jimmy Dickens had a Wiki referenced page...

It's like a one hit wonder in the music hit parade. If your band never evens makes it to the top ten, then one of them get cancer, is that band member famous enough to be a valid pick or are they only now famous for being ill? We need to have some standards.

Sorry but that Freddy Fredrickson guy never sat well with me.

If anyone achieves number 1 status in any field for a particular length of time, whether that be a week in music, a month as a football manager or a year such as a Nobel Prize winner then that's a certain valid reason. Outside excellence it's just down to validation via obits in qualifing outlets. Stick a list of media outlets together and say that on death the person has to obit in two or more places.

Lauren Hill?

That's cheating, I'd ban the cunt ;)