Grim Reaper

Oscar Niemeyer

This year has been a year of getting rid of some of our "long term residence". We need some fresh blood on the list

This year has been a year of getting rid of some of our "long term residence". We need some fresh blood on the list

Well it is nearly 2013, a case of out with the old, in with the not-quite-so-old

Guest SteveK

Just wondering .... Has the administrator of this website died? There are 3 people who died in 2012 and we still see "details to follow ...." How long does it take to write 3 paragraphs?

Just wondering .... Has the administrator of this website died? There are 3 people who died in 2012 and we still see "details to follow ...." How long does it take to write 3 paragraphs?

Why do you care? I don't and I'm a member. I have more important things to care about.

We don't seem to have an architecture thread (despite Death Of An Architect's misleading name), so I'm resurrecting this old thread.

http://www.theguardian.com/global/2015/jun/21/james-gowan

James Gowan, architect, dead at 92.

The output of the Glasgow-born architect James Gowan, who has died aged 92, ranged from austere social housing blocks to dreamy plans for gigantic, spindly-legged animals striding across the Thames. Best known as the reticent partner of the larger-than-life architect James Stirling. Gowan was Stirling’s equal in the design of most of their early projects, culminating in the celebrated Engineering Building at the University of Leicester in 1963.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2009 at 21:28, DevonDeathTrip said:

Thanks for the tip, prolific guest. I'd like to pay tribute to your long standing efforts to keep us all informed of your firmly held beliefs on this particular subject. Would you be able to tell us when Jose Alencar is going to die? :D

Oscar nominated director Fábio Barreto is indeed very seriously ill and in "a deep coma", after a driving mishap. He might well get mentioned in the English speaking press should he fail to wake up. The next few days will be critical...

Ten years later, Barreto has finally left his coma. By dying.