Sign in to follow this  
Youth in Asia

Alan Rickman

Thank God he got to complete the Hairy Snorter series. The gnashing of teeth would have been unbearable otherwise.

That movie series finished 4 years ago.

Guest Droosy

Yes, a HUGE shock, as big a surprise as David Bowie. He was the BEST actor in the Harry Potter films. Of course he did have the best part! Very sad to see this-

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/15/obituaries/alan-rickman-dies-at-69.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Being the best actor in the Harry Potter series wasn´t such a big deal, considering the cast full of posh children

Guest HansBubbyImYourBlackKnight

Grim-Reaper.jpg

Great, now we open up threads for dead people?

Can I get an Administrator in here, STAT

SC

Great, now we open up threads for dead people?

Can I get an Administrator in here, STAT

SC

If considered famous enough, yes, A thread would be opened for them. It's not the first time it's been done. (And it was me that opened this thread).
  • Like 7

Alan Rickman wtf

The unknown sick are kicking the known sick's asses these days.

69 a dangerous position to be in, eh?

If you've lived a celebrity lifestyle, perhaps?

Nobody has mentioned his glorious scenery-chewing role as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves yet. Made up for Costner's Caifornia accent.

• Like 2

It was announced last April that he and Rima Horton married after 50 years of living together. I wonder if that's when he got his diagnosis.

It was announced last April that he and Rima Horton married after 50 years of living together. I wonder if that's when he got his diagnosis.

must likely

When I told to my father that Alan Rickman had died, his reply was, Who?

His knowledge of pop culture ceased around 1966.

When I mentioned David Bowie had died his reply was "His name sounds vaguely familiar, was he an author?"

Just goes to show that what is a significant death for some is utterly irrelevant to others

• Like 4

Thank God he got to complete the Hairy Snorter series. The gnashing of teeth would have been unbearable otherwise.

Your point being? Or has JK Rowling recently had her hands cut off for stealing that'll stopping her from writing another series of shite books with Snorter? Thought not.

When I told to my father that Alan Rickman had died, his reply was, Who?

His knowledge of pop culture ceased around 1966.

When I mentioned David Bowie had died his reply was "His name sounds vaguely familiar, was he an author?"

Just goes to show that what is a significant death for some is utterly irrelevant to others

Out of interest how old is your father and what sort of dementia does he have?

When he married Rima I suspected something but didn't want to think it. I am a fan. From Hans Grueber through Colonel Brandon to Phil Allen and finally Snape I just loved this man's work. I am so completely gutted. It is turning out to be a tough month for very cool British guys. :(

"Give me an occupation or I will surely go mad..."

• Like 1

must likely

Must likely what?

Your point being? Or has JK Rowling recently had her hands cut off for stealing that'll stopping her from writing another series of shite books with Snorter? Thought not.

The series was finished with Deathly Hallows, and since that book features a climatic ending and an epilogue, a new book would not "fit" into the series. Part of the excitement that the book generated was related to the cliffhangers at the end of each book, plus the epic battle between Voldemort and Potter. Would a new book work without those? Hardly.

On a positive note, I think this is the first time I've ever had the first post on a thread, after 10 years of hanging around here, so thanks to whoever did that.

And can we assume it's lung cancer, as he smoked a lot?

On a positive note, I think this is the first time I've ever had the first post on a thread, after 10 years of hanging around here, so thanks to whoever did that.

It's only because you might have been the first to mention it. When the thread was put together, it took all the posts in time order. :-)

must likely

Must likely what?

Most likely he married Rima Horton because that was when he was diagnosed with cancer and knew he didn't have much time left.

I just watched the film CBGB with Rickman portrating Hilly Kristal :salute::clap:

It's only because you might have been the first to mention it. When the thread was put together, it took all the posts in time order. :-)

That's why I have the baseball thread. :D

This was on Popbitch so it may or may not be true - I hope it is....

Back in the day, Mick Jagger   was having a fling with a   society beauty. One night they   were out at a dinner party   but she felt Jagger was not   paying her enough attention.    Deciding she'd try to provoke   his interest, she deliberately   turned away and only talked to   the person on her other side.   Still no response.
There was only one thing for   it. She reached behind her   back and started to give him   a surreptitious handjob. This   time, his interest definitely   swelled. Feeling pleased with   herself, the socialite turned   back round. Sitting in that   seat was another man. Bored   with being ignored, Jagger   had changed places.    She discovered she'd actually   been wanking off Alan Rickman.