weatherman90

BB King

BB Kinng is the best, He not die in 2009!

Are they connected to B.B. King in any way, shape or form, apart from their homonymous name?

No that'll be his fast food loving cousin, with slightly different name.

I don't think he will die this year.

BB King to play UK arena concerts

Blues legend BB King is to play four arena concerts in the UK - despite retiring from touring outside of the US in 2006.

He will tour with 75-year-old British blues veteran John Mayall, who will play in the first half of the shows followed by King in the second half.

The pair will perform in Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff and London at the end of June.

King, 83, launched his professional career in 1947.

During the 1950s, he was averaging 275 concerts a year and, in 1956, he notched up 342 gigs.

The 14-times Grammy-winner is best-known for his hits Every Day I Have The Blues and The Thrill Is Gone, performed on his guitar, Lucille.

In December, he performed with the Foo Fighters and John Mayer at the first ever Grammy Nominations Concert, in Los Angeles.

Announcing his retirement from international touring in 2006, King said: "I think the clock is ticking, yes.

"In fact, I know it is.

"Frank Sinatra sang about the September of [his] years. I think I'm in the November of my years."

I don't think he will die this year.

BB King to play UK arena concerts

Blues legend BB King is to play four arena concerts in the UK - despite retiring from touring outside of the US in 2006.

There is always hope. Lets not forget James Brown...

Not in 2009 please, i've got tickets to see him in June.

July and after works for us...

Guest Guest

Whys he on the list? Hes already dead. Last year, cmon ppl.

He's more alive than your keyboard skills, numbskull.

He's more alive than your keyboard skills, numbskull.

:rolleyes:

regards,

Hein

He has a thirteen date tour of the US in February which, I'm sure you'd admit, would be rather difficult to do if he was dead. In fact, barring accidents and heart problems, I think he'll see out a few more years yet.

No I Know he has 4 Years left In him Im Down for late 2004-2007

No I Know he has 4 Years left In him Im Down for late 2004-2007

2004-2007? I'd say that's very late.

B.B. King for 2005? ... I am not too sure, but then again it could be a possibility as he is approaching 80. I saw him perform earlier this year and he was full of energy. There is a blues club in the entertainment district in Memphis, Tennessee where he sometimes performs and I have included a picture of it below.

memphis22vz.jpg

Club damaged by fire. But Riley's not too bothered; he was busy gigging in Indiana, just one of 14 dates from New York to Toronto in October for the 88-year-old. Then it's two weeks off before another 9 shows in the south and south west. Still, the lazy sod does sit down the whole time.

FWIW, BB King played last night at The Capitol Theatre in Clearwater Florida.

I don't blame them personally. I first saw B.B. King when I was 16, thought it was one of the greatest gigs I'd been to, 20 years later I got the chance to see him again and it was almost watching the same gig. Same songs and same anecdotes between the songs.

89 today. Happy Birthday.

It's just related to his diabetes. I have that.It's no big deal.He'll be just fine. I had major chest pains after eating an easter egg. You have to learn to live with these things

As amusing as this comment is........ let's be honest, he'll probably be dead in 24 hours.

I did have a mild "pain" of my own, telling me that I should have included him, about 2 minutes after I sent in my DDP entry for this year. And here we are.

But hey, it's only 6 points so.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's just related to his diabetes. I have that.It's no big deal.He'll be just fine. I had major chest pains after eating an easter egg. You have to learn to live with these things

At 89 major chest pains can prove fatal. I doubt you've had the same lifestyle where up until a few years ago he was performing nearly 300 concerts every year.

Guest new guest

I agree things do not look good for poor king