The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2013

i'm hoping Hywel stays with us a bit longer.....if only cos hes the only person who can prounce my middle name right....it is Huw-el not How-ell......

dont know if shes been mentioned before but Bettye Swann might be worth considering according to her wiki entry.

Duncan Bannatyne has suffered a heart attack today

Just heard on the news there

If he were to succumb, the only possible obit heading would surely have to be "I'm out"

LOL yea on his tombstone aswell, I would have that on mine if i was him .

Abu Hamza - Cynical ploy to avoid extradition or possibility for 2013?

Cynical ploy surely and in there with Ernest - Guinness scandal - Saunders who avoided the worst that justice had to offer with medical evidence of pre-Alzheimers before seeming to get better. Still the only man to have recovered from the condition, medically speaking.

It's a dodgy ploy where Hamza is concerned, mind. Apart from anything else if they prove mental degeneration it could prove his final sermons were - literally - to the rantings of a madman!

Michael Winner, Reg Presley, Mark 'Chopper' Read & Clive James are all in or nearing advanced stages of terminal illness and excellent candidates for the coming year

Michael Winner, Reg Presley, Mark 'Chopper' Read & Clive James are all in or nearing advanced stages of terminal illness and excellent candidates for the coming year

News to me...

News to me...

Doctors have told him he has between 18 to 24 months to live because of the state of his liver. To my thinking if he has liver cancer that more like 18 to 24 weeks. Fair chance he will make it to next year but not the following Christmas. Must be odds on for next years high profile death.

Michael Winner has terminal cancer?

I don't know whether to laugh or...laugh louder!

• Like 2

I was already thinking of having a DDP theme team of Film Directors next year. This news of Michael Winners health makes him the perfect joker.gifcandidate.

Henry Cluney @ 55 one time Stiff Little Finger guitarist underwent an op for a brain tumour today according to a feed from SLF.......will keep an eye on developments.

Guest Bobby Brown

George HW Bush is getting up there... for that matter so is President Carter!

Clive james and michael winner should be on the deathlist next year.

Ahem

Ahem

Yea i was agreeing with you I was meant to quote you . I think clive james more than michael winner though unless winner goes and ends his life with digintas .

Ahem

Yea i was agreeing with you I was meant to quote you . I think clive james more than michael winner though unless winner goes and ends his life with digintas .

From the sound of things it seems that James doesn't have long to go, he may not even last till NY.

Felix Dennis is planting his own forest and showing a strong interest in poetry, often signs of deeper thinking about mortality. Did hear a friend of a friend stylee comment that his health isn't too good. Thought I'd pass it on.

Good tip. Felix Dennis was on Radio 4's Loose Ends show tonight and spoke about his health. He is undergoing treatment for throat cancer (he admitted on the programme that he has no one but himself to blame after smoking forty cigarettes a day for nearly fifty years.)

The Sunday Times did a feature on him a couple of weeks ago, which can't be viewed online because of their paywall. However, Felix has bypassed this by scanning the article and uploading it to his own website.

I think he'd be a good pick for the DL next year. He sounded pretty rough, but came across as a likeable character - very anti establishment still and increasingly pro trees, two admirable characteristics IMO.

Guest Phantom

Having problems posting 50% of the time. According to Jake Burns,Henry Cluney came out of surgery last night, He's on the road to recovery.

Felix Dennis is planting his own forest and showing a strong interest in poetry, often signs of deeper thinking about mortality. Did hear a friend of a friend stylee comment that his health isn't too good. Thought I'd pass it on.

Good tip. Felix Dennis was on Radio 4's Loose Ends show tonight and spoke about his health. He is undergoing treatment for throat cancer (he admitted on the programme that he has no one but himself to blame after smoking forty cigarettes a day for nearly fifty years.)

The Sunday Times did a feature on him a couple of weeks ago, which can't be viewed online because of their paywall. However, Felix has bypassed this by scanning the article and uploading it to his own website.

I think he'd be a good pick for the DL next year. He sounded pretty rough, but came across as a likeable character - very anti establishment still and increasingly pro trees, two admirable characteristics IMO.

Hopefully his hippy anti-establishment credentials will extend to a Brian Haw-style treatment of a terminal illness by rubbing some bark on it and chanting to the sun deities.

• Like 1

Lewis Gilbert might be worth a shout next year, he's in his mid 90s

Justin Lee Collins

Justin Lee Collins

Only if you count the death of a career.

Guest Phantom

Henry Cluney @ 55 one time Stiff Little Finger guitarist underwent an op for a brain tumour today according to a feed from SLF.......will keep an eye on developments.

update re: Henry Cluney -

Henry's been moved out of intensive care this morning to a step-down unit. He's going to be starting rehab therapy this afternoon as well.