maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Leonard Cohen 's muse from the 60's, Marianne Ihlen, died aged 81. He wrote a poem to her just before she died. One sentence has me worried a bit. Is he dying soon?

It said well Marianne its come to this time when we are really so old and our bodies are falling apart and I think I will follow you very soon. Know that I am so close behind you that if you stretch out your hand, I think you can reach mine.

An update on Sharon Jones with most of the information we "need":

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=825902

Another profile of her cancer battle. Key info not mentioned before is that her cancer is now stage four, with tumors present in her lungs, liver, and lymph nodes...

I think she's too fit to die any time soon, but she may well die around Christmas to become this year's Sadhana Shivdasani.

Leonard Cohen 's muse from the 60's, Marianne Ihlen, died aged 81. He wrote a poem to her just before she died. One sentence has me worried a bit. Is he dying soon?

It said well Marianne its come to this time when we are really so old and our bodies are falling apart and I think I will follow you very soon. Know that I am so close behind you that if you stretch out your hand, I think you can reach mine.

Not that soon; his whole output is pretty much public pronouncements of private affairs; most of it shot through with romantic if somewhat unrealistic twists. So, he's milking it, basically, IMHO

Not sure what thread to put this in but Pete Way from the band UFO who had been diagnosed with prostage cancer last year is now cancer free http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-07-30/pete-way-given-cancer-all-clear

Pete Way has heart attack.

Where's the Doctor Doctor?

James Woolley, keyboardist with Nine Inch Nails from 1991-1994, that is, during the recording of Broken and The Downward Spiral, dead at 50:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/r-i-p-james-woolley-keyboardist-of-nine-inch-nails-has-died/

He hurt himself today to see if he could feel.

• Like 3

James Woolley, keyboardist with Nine Inch Nails from 1991-1994, that is, during the recording of Broken and The Downward Spiral, dead at 50:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/r-i-p-james-woolley-keyboardist-of-nine-inch-nails-has-died/

He hurt himself today to see if he could feel.

Aye, what has he become,eh?

• Like 2

3 Doors Down guitarist Matt Roberts has died of an apparent overdose.

​Guess we can't call his Superman.
​SC

3 Doors Down guitarist Matt Roberts has died of an apparent overdose.

​Guess we can't call his Superman.

​SC

So you can OD on Kryptonite?

He Didn't Want It That Way.

Music producer and manager Lou Pearlman died in prison on Friday from an undisclosed illness, PEOPLE has confirmed. He was 62. Known in his heyday as "Big Poppa," Pearlman was one of the successful music producers of the 1990s. Based in Orlando, Florida, he created several boybands, including the Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, LFO and O-Town.

SC

Preston Hubbard, a former bass player for the Fabulous Thunderbirds, has died, according to American Blues Scene magazine and numerous Facebook posts from his personal friends. He was 63. Hubbard joined the popular blues rock band in 1984 when he was asked by his friend and Thunderbirds member Jimmie Vaughan. He was a member of the band through their most successful period. He played on the hit songs “Tuff Enuff” and “Wrap it Up.” “Tuff Enuff” was the band’s biggest single to this day, reaching No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. Hubbard was with the band until 1994.
Hubbard also played and/or recorded with Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bonnie Raitt, Carlos Santana and Big Joe Turner.

SC

• Like 1

A cheery update from the website of Clifford Curry, 'The King of Beach Music'

" With a heavy heart, we announce that Clifford will be removed from life support, on Tuesday, September 6, 2016. The family would like to thank everyone for their prayers and support during these trying times. We ask that you remember Clifford, as a friend, a singer, a song writer and a kind and gentle man. He touched many lives as he passed through this life, and he always had time for his fans and friends. We can rejoice in all these things, because we know he is going to be reunited with his loved ones, and will be in a much better place. There will be an update Monday night or Tuesday morning, so please check back for more information. God bless you all"

Can't see an update yet, but Clifford won't be seeing 2017.

[curry pun goes here]

Curry On My Wayward Son

There'll be peace when you are gone.

SC

• Like 1

[curry pun goes here]

Curry On My Wayward Son

There'll be peace when you are gone.

SC

Korma Korma Korma Korma Korma Chameleon

You came and went ....

• Like 3