harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

NFL Playoff Teams

AFC East

Miami Dolphins 11-5 They served their purpose by beating the Jets and thus knocking the Pats out, no sadness that they lost in the wild card game.

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers 12-4

Baltimore Ravens 11-5

AFC South

Tennessee Titans 13-3

Indianappolis Colts 12-4 AFC West

San Diego Chargers 8-8 It was nice watching the Bolts beat the Colts Saturday night. I have high hopes for the Chargers, and before anybody discounts them, they're on a 5 game winning streak right now.

NFC East

New York Giants 12-4

Philadelphia Eagles 9-6-1

NFC North

Minnesota Vikings 10-6

NFC South

Carolina Panthers 12-4

Atlanta Falcons 11-5 lovely loss to the Cards--and Atlanta was favored.

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals 9-7

I agree with Grobler. I also like the Colts. I say Colts-Eagles with Colts winning.
I guess you can bid that one goodbye :referee: .
  • Like 1

Currently (and temporarily) living in Nashville and I am officially sick of hearing about the Titans. It's incessant. As a Bears fan my season is over, now I just hope for good games and an NFC win in the Super Bowl. It was fun watching the Lions make history this year, almost as much fun as watching the Cowboys get their butts handed to them in their last game at the old stadium.

I like Tennessee in the AFC. I think it will be a Giants-Tennessee matchup in the Superbowl

Another one bites the dust, as the Titans fumble away their chances and lose 13-10 at home to Baltimore.

That was a startling upset, but, damn, Arizona beating Carolina has me just speechless.

NFL Playoff Teams

AFC East

Miami Dolphins 11-5

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers 12-4

Baltimore Ravens 11-5

AFC South

Tennessee Titans 13-3

Indianappolis Colts 12-4

AFC West

San Diego Chargers 8-8

NFC East

New York Giants 12-4

Philadelphia Eagles 9-6-1

NFC North

Minnesota Vikings 10-6NFC South

Carolina Panthers 12-4Atlanta Falcons 11-5NFC West

Arizona Cardinals 9-7

And so it went.

titans out----good riddance.

Panthers out by Cardinals even Deangelo Williams couldn't save the team from the birds and (Jake)Delhomme wasn't helping matters much either. I guss it wasn't going to be a repeat of their mid-season matchup where the Panthers took the game(barely). Who thought a little bird could slay such a big cat?

SO it was a day for birds, let's hope the same doesn't hold true today at The Meadowlands-----

and what of tonight's matchup in the divisional dwindlings? Steelers or Chargers? Not a feathered creature to be found. Come on Roethlisburger,,,win one for the burgh.

Now the Giants are dead and good riddance. Birds rule.

Both Tennessee and the Giants lost at home. It has been a weekend of upset victories for the underdogs.

Both Tennessee and the Giants lost at home. It has been a weekend of upset victories for the underdogs.

Can you imagine the Premiership having Liverpool, Chelsea and Man United all losing, at home, to the likes of Everton, Wigan and Portsmouth, on the same weekend? European football would be so much interesting with a salary cap.

Can you imagine the Premiership having Liverpool, Chelsea and Man United all losing, at home, to the likes of Everton, Wigan and Portsmouth, on the same weekend? European football would be so much interesting with a salary cap.

I'm not sure its down to the salary cap . I think the cap helps avoiding any team becoming a "Chelsky" or a Manure" for year after year (which is what makes the NFL so interesting...the worst team one year could get to the SB the following year ! ) The interesting question this year seems to be why the top seeds have been falling at the end (even with home advantage :banghead: )

The Eagles have proven that its "form at the right time" that is the key to winning matches . Looking at the game yesterday , Manning was awful . Maybe it was because he had a week off....maybe the team was just collectively on a downward slide that started a month or so ago . Dunno . But McNabb was fantastic...the team is well up for it....and I would expect the Eagles to go all the way now !

........maybe the team was just collectively on a downward slide that started a month or so ago . Dunno . But McNabb was fantastic...the team is well up for it....and I would expect the Eagles to go all the way now !

Well there goes another of your foolish expectations ;);):lol: Cardinals win 32-25 over the losers the Philadelphia (B)eagles.

A great game, and a close one the way the (B)eagles came back in the second half, erasing Arizona's lead and pulling ahead by 1 scared me just before the Cards launched their victory play. And once more Warner heads into the victory field. A proven contender, the Cards could pull the Super Bowl XLIIIwin off on February 1 although I'm hoping the Steelers make it there and then win.

Next up::::Steelers vs. Ravens

[Next up::::Steelers vs. Ravens

Pittsburgh won its game against Baltimore 23-14

It will be a Pittsburgh vs Arizona matchup in Tampa Bay for the 2009 Superbowl.

Both games were very interesting. The Superbowl match up gives us a classic great offense versus great defense game. My initial nod would be for Pittsburgh but I've been wrong in underestimating the Cardinals twice already. It's hard to believe that this is the same team that the Patriots demolished a few short weeks ago.

Both games were very interesting. The Superbowl match up gives us a classic great offense versus great defense game. My initial nod would be for Pittsburgh but I've been wrong in underestimating the Cardinals twice already. It's hard to believe that this is the same team that the Patriots demolished a few short weeks ago.

The commercials will win.

What is it with the Super Bowl and 'wardrobe malfunctions'?

"I just figured it was another commercial until I looked up," viewer Cora King told the Arizona Daily Star.

"Then he did his little dance with everything hanging out."

No doubt the tackle was lined up inside the tight end etc.

joejet.com_000227-58_assorted-images.jpg

Will any of you Brits be going to see the Patriots play Tampa Bay today?

I must admit, I find American Football as boring as Golf or formula one.

It just stops and starts to much, and has far too many rules and regulations.

Plus, I once played an american school at rugby and they all turned up wearing loads of padding and we still destroyed them.

It's just nowhere near as exciting or as good as rugby!

Plus, I once played an american school at rugby and they all turned up wearing loads of padding and we still destroyed them.

Ah Jacky, it's a typical reaction from someone who doesn't understand the game completely or isn't invested or both. Many less than erudite Americans think that soccer (your football) is boring for the same reasons. Regarding the rugby match, what did you expect when playing someone who doesn't know the game?

Ah Jacky, it's a typical reaction from someone who doesn't understand the game completely or isn't invested or both. Many less than erudite Americans think that soccer (your football) is boring for the same reasons. Regarding the rugby match, what did you expect when playing someone who doesn't know the game?

Rugby's for poofs.

Will any of you Brits be going to see the Patriots play Tampa Bay today?

I went to the 2007 (the Mud Bowl) and 2008 games at Wembley, but they were freebie tix. Couldn't snag one this time, but CR is there today.

Given their dismal performance thus far this season, Oakland can be placed on the DeathList.

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry is "battling for his life" after 'falling' out of a truck during a barney with his missus.

He sounds like a nice chap:

* December 15, 2005: Henry was pulled over in Northern Kentucky for speeding. During a search, marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver's license or valid insurance.[15]

* January 30, 2006: Henry was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[16] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. Henry pleaded guilty and avoided jail time in both cases.

* April 29, 2006: In an incident in Covington, Kentucky, Henry allowed three underage females to consume alcohol in a hotel room he rented.[17] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her; she later retracted her story and was charged with filing a false police report.[18] On January 25, 2007, Henry pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a "keg law." He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[17]

* June 3, 2006: Chris Henry was pulled over outside on Interstate 275 at 1:18 a.m by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko. At 2:06 a.m. Henry voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.[19]

* September 25, 2006: Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman was pulled over for driving under the influence. The truck Thurman was driving belonged to rookie quarterback/receiver Reggie McNeal. Neither McNeal nor Henry, who were passengers, were charged with any wrongdoing by authorities. However, Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis suspended Henry for the Bengals game against the New England Patriots.[citation needed]

* October 6, 2006: Henry was suspended by the NFL for two games for violating the league's personal conduct and substance abuse policies. NFL policies forbid Henry from taking part in practices, however, he was allowed to attend any team meetings. Henry missed the Bengals' October 15, 2006 game at Tampa Bay and their October 22, 2006 home game versus Carolina.[20]

* April 10, 2007: Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.[10] His suspension comes with a stern warning that future misconduct may result in the end of his career with the NFL. Henry was given permission by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to begin practicing fully.[21] His suspension was lifted and he played in the November 11, 2007 game versus the Baltimore Ravens, amassing 4 catches for 99 yards.

* May 18, 2007: It was reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer that Henry allegedly failed a court-mandated drug test. The report showed that he had taken an opiate, but the result was later proven to be false. The failed drug test would have been the third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. A third violation, per league rules, results in a one-year suspension. In addition to having his suspension increased to 24 games, he would have had to serve an 88 day jail sentence.[22] As of May 23, 2007, the State of Kentucky has reported that Henry in fact did not fail a drug test, and that earlier reports to the contrary are erroneous.

* June 12, 2007: Henry allegedly assaulted a 16-year-old boy with teammate Reggie McNeal. The claims were later reported to be unfounded[23] and Henry and McNeal have been exonerated.

* November 6, 2007: Henry allegedly assaulted a valet attendant at Newport on the Levee.[24]

* December 3, 2007: Henry arrested for the second time in Orlando, Florida for violating his probation he was on from a January 30, 2006 arrest. On February 21, 2008 he was found not guilty. On February 26, 2008, a motion to terminate probation in Orange County, Florida was denied.[citation needed]

* March 31, 2008: Henry was alleged to have punched a man named Gregory Meyer, 18, and thrown a beer bottle through the window of his car. Henry claimed it was a case of mistaken identity and also that he thought it was somebody else that owed him money.[25] Henry was waived by the Bengals a day after this arrest and was then forced to serve a house arrest sentence

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry is "battling for his life" after 'falling' out of a truck during a barney with his missus.

* December 15, 2005: Henry was pulled over in Northern Kentucky for speeding. During a search, marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver's license or valid insurance.[15]

* January 30, 2006: Henry was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[16] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. Henry pleaded guilty and avoided jail time in both cases.

* April 29, 2006: In an incident in Covington, Kentucky, Henry allowed three underage females to consume alcohol in a hotel room he rented.[17] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her; she later retracted her story and was charged with filing a false police report.[18] On January 25, 2007, Henry pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a "keg law." He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[17]

* June 3, 2006: Chris Henry was pulled over outside on Interstate 275 at 1:18 a.m by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko. At 2:06 a.m. Henry voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.[19]

* September 25, 2006: Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman was pulled over for driving under the influence. The truck Thurman was driving belonged to rookie quarterback/receiver Reggie McNeal. Neither McNeal nor Henry, who were passengers, were charged with any wrongdoing by authorities. However, Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis suspended Henry for the Bengals game against the New England Patriots.[citation needed]

* October 6, 2006: Henry was suspended by the NFL for two games for violating the league's personal conduct and substance abuse policies. NFL policies forbid Henry from taking part in practices, however, he was allowed to attend any team meetings. Henry missed the Bengals' October 15, 2006 game at Tampa Bay and their October 22, 2006 home game versus Carolina.[20]

* April 10, 2007: Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.[10] His suspension comes with a stern warning that future misconduct may result in the end of his career with the NFL. Henry was given permission by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to begin practicing fully.[21] His suspension was lifted and he played in the November 11, 2007 game versus the Baltimore Ravens, amassing 4 catches for 99 yards.

* May 18, 2007: It was reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer that Henry allegedly failed a court-mandated drug test. The report showed that he had taken an opiate, but the result was later proven to be false. The failed drug test would have been the third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. A third violation, per league rules, results in a one-year suspension. In addition to having his suspension increased to 24 games, he would have had to serve an 88 day jail sentence.[22] As of May 23, 2007, the State of Kentucky has reported that Henry in fact did not fail a drug test, and that earlier reports to the contrary are erroneous.

* June 12, 2007: Henry allegedly assaulted a 16-year-old boy with teammate Reggie McNeal. The claims were later reported to be unfounded[23] and Henry and McNeal have been exonerated.

* November 6, 2007: Henry allegedly assaulted a valet attendant at Newport on the Levee.[24]

* December 3, 2007: Henry arrested for the second time in Orlando, Florida for violating his probation he was on from a January 30, 2006 arrest. On February 21, 2008 he was found not guilty. On February 26, 2008, a motion to terminate probation in Orange County, Florida was denied.[citation needed]

* March 31, 2008: Henry was alleged to have punched a man named Gregory Meyer, 18, and thrown a beer bottle through the window of his car. Henry claimed it was a case of mistaken identity and also that he thought it was somebody else that owed him money.[25] Henry was waived by the Bengals a day after this arrest and was then forced to serve a house arrest sentence

* December 17, 2009: Died.

* December 17, 2009: Died.

Harry - that was a good call of yours - he lasted 2 hours and 32 minutes between your posts - that's less time the players often spend between their posts.

• Like 1