Deathwatch Beetle

Bhumibol Adulyadej

October 1st 2016 i will go for though knowing Bhumibol Adulyadej it will be the 1st October 2020

• Like 1

Reading that linked article it looks like the King's apparent heir is a real nasty piece of work (to put it mildly) and seems to already wield the power of the crown to launch purges. I think there will be huge trouble in Thailand when Bhumibol dies.

It's not surprising really that they're trying to push his expiry date as far as possible..

Reading that linked article it looks like the King's apparent heir is a real nasty piece of work (to put it mildly) and seems to already wield the power of the crown to launch purges. I think there will be huge trouble in Thailand when Bhumibol dies.

It's not surprising really that they're trying to push his expiry date as far as possible..

Yeah. It will be a sad day in Thailand once he's dead, and I can clearly see why. They should choose someone else who is better than bhumibol's son.

12th September

Incidentally, he's one of only four breathers on my HPDP team!

• Like 1

Interesting... interesting...

I'll say September 9th - the one year anniversary of that time he was hospitalized last year, and everybody thought it was the end.

But if he survives the month, he'll survive the year.

Still sounds like he's only alive because it's expedient. 6th December is day after his birthday and would be a good time to pull the plug. Most likely though he carries on until the succession is sorted.

Still sounds like he's only alive because it's expedient. 6th December is day after his birthday and would be a good time to pull the plug. Most likely though he carries on until the succession is sorted.

Inconsiderate in the extreme because the skill of the HPDP is all down to predicting the order in which they fall.

AFAIK there's not much to sort out about the succession. According to the relevant Thai Law only the King may designate an heir, or remove an heir from the line of succession. And nothing indicates that he has any plans to do so, or if he even has the mental faculties to do so.

So despite being hugely unpopular, the heir apparent Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn is almost certain to succeed after the demise of the current King. Of course, his lack of popularity could then offer the government a chance for a kind of coup d'état à la Nepal, namely to abolish the monarchy altogether.

i think he'll carry on for years to come. it's highly unlikely we'll get into double figures this year I'm afraid

i think he'll carry on for years to come. it's highly unlikely we'll get into double figures this year I'm afraid

We're talking complete kidney failure, right, which even if managed medically has an impact on other vital organs

Years...no way

• Like 2

I suspect that he's already dead, and has been for some time.

• Like 1

2014 got ten hits. We're still ahead of 2014's 7th hit, I think we will be able to make it to ten.

2014 got ten hits. We're still ahead of 2014's 7th hit, I think we will be able to make it to ten.

Aye, indeed, some toppler talent still on the list and cold weather to come in the northern hemisphere

What's blue and shags the elderly?

Hypothermia!

I just realized something. He was born in Massachusetts. Does that mean if he had stayed in the us, he could be an American citizen?

I just realized something. He was born in Massachusetts. Does that mean if he had stayed in the us, he could be an American citizen?

Are you suggesting that Bhumibol Adulyadej was an anchor baby????????

Yes, even if they'd just been passing through at that stage he - just about - has the means to fight that battle.

President Trump would put a stop to that!

The news reel of an important german TV news channel just mentioned "serious health problems". If THEY have something on it, it must be really bad. The "is gravely ill" stage.

Edit: the source of it is a new palace health bulletin that says that his kidneys aren't working anymore.

The news reel of an important german TV news channel just mentioned "serious health problems". If THEY have something on it, it must be really bad. The "is gravely ill" stage.

Edit: the source of it is a new palace health bulletin that says that his kidneys aren't working anymore.

He's a dead cert now.

Let's say, I'm not saying that it's true, but let's say he is dead. The hospital officials don't announce his death to everyone until March 2017 or something. What would happen if he was on the deathlist's list, but he turns out to be already dead the year before.

Let's say, I'm not saying that it's true, but let's say he is dead. The hospital officials don't announce his death to everyone until March 2017 or something. What would happen if he was on the deathlist's list, but he turns out to be already dead the year before.

DL - nowt happens, he's just - like - dead, though committee members might argue their skill in picking him for 2016

Deadpools, depends on rules. My Deathrace has a Ramond Hewlitt Memorial rule (for those widely believed alive subsequently discovered to be dead) which pays out handsomely in points but also has an exemption so once we've declared a winner the result can't be undone if an earlier death is discovered after declaring the winner.

According to this he's died, however, let's await the proper news. Again, I'm apologising in advance if this is incorrect. http://www.euronews.com/2016/09/22/thailand-s-king-bhumibol-the-peoples-monarch-has-died

Well, there isn't any confirmation NOR denial, so it could be possible. If he's dead, the monarch probably is keeping that secret, but it might've been leaked on accident.

According to this he's died, however, let's await the proper news. Again, I'm apologising in advance if this is incorrect. http://www.euronews.com/2016/09/22/thailand-s-king-bhumibol-the-peoples-monarch-has-died

Well, there isn't any confirmation NOR denial, so it could be possible. If he's dead, the monarch probably is keeping that secret, but it might've been leaked on accident.

It might just be a page in preparation that has got out. I'm not seeing a link from their main headlines either. So let's assume they are preparing the story and somehow it has made it to mainstream, until further notice. I'd really expect to see a flurry of stories pretty soon after seeing the first one tbh if it was true.