Lively little thread we have us here, thanks Millwall!

• Like 1

Anybody know which team Dicki O' supports?

I believe that he is the Chairman of Birmingham City these days.

:lol::lol::lol:

Up the Villa!

DDT: The Carlisle forum used to go into meltdown as we discussed ways of hunting and killing our former chairman. It's more mellow and celebratory these last two and half years.

Re Dickie O, I can't be arsed trawling the tonnage of posts but I do seem to remember us establishing him as a genuine supporter of one of London's top teams, Chelsea if memory serves me correctly.

It is indeed Chelsea, MPFC, although interestingly enough (or not, as the case might be), in Man About The House he portrayed a Southampton fan. Christ only knows why- presumably he was so pleased to get the role he would have supported Carlisle United, had the script demanded such. :lol:

It is indeed Chelsea, MPFC, although interestingly enough (or not, as the case might be), in Man About The House he portrayed a Southampton fan. Christ only knows why- presumably he was so pleased to get the role he would have supported Carlisle United, had the script demanded such.

Just guessin': since Dickie O wasn't the household name and major star he'd later become, is it possible the Southampton thing was intended as rustic 'character' to explain why this less than worldly individual would fall for the blatantly brainless plot device that in applying to share a flat with 'Chris and Jo' he was moving in with two other blokes?

Another guess: having decided on said plot device someone - either producer or writer - picked their own favourite team, Southampton.

It is indeed Chelsea, MPFC, although interestingly enough (or not, as the case might be), in Man About The House he portrayed a Southampton fan. Christ only knows why- presumably he was so pleased to get the role he would have supported Carlisle United, had the script demanded such.

Just guessin': since Dickie O wasn't the household name and major star he'd later become, is it possible the Southampton thing was intended as rustic 'character' to explain why this less than worldly individual would fall for the blatantly brainless plot device that in applying to share a flat with 'Chris and Jo' he was moving in with two other blokes?

Another guess: having decided on said plot device someone - either producer or writer - picked their own favourite team, Southampton.

You may, or may not, be right...but are we not dangerously straying off the topic of football? I'd hate to be partially responsible for somebody opening a parallel thread for Richard O' Sullivan, in order to take the weight off this obviously popular football thread?

Any news re: the agent yet, MPFC? Dicky O, I mean, not your football agent.

:lol:

Lively little thread we have us here, thanks Millwall!

That was the general idea. And have you noticed that the Dickie O thread is now about Dickie O?

Hey!

Why not post all your info about lower league football here. You will also be doing the forum as a whole a favour. You've done it before. Why not do it some more. You know it makes sense. Whadayasay?

Hey!

Why don't you just PM MPFC to tell him to stop mentioning Carlisle United, instead of getting all high-brow & uppity. He might ignore you, but that's a risk to run in life.

Just because you're pissed off your dirty little team were relegated to the same league as Carlisle....

Besides, the last time I looked this was a general fora. The last time I looked, you weren't an admin. I see that you don't object to the Where's Tempus thread, or some others which have absolutely no relevance to famous people dying. It's only if they mention football.

MPFC, should, IMHO, allowed to talk about Carlisle Utd, as they are a big factor in his life, as meeting musicians is in your life. Maybe it's not the best fora to do so, but where else can MPFC express his love for Carlisle, it makes up who he is. As Reading, who beat your lot 5-0 this season, may I remind you, is a massive part of my life.

Either just put MPFC on ignore, or get over it. I think there ARE too many mentions of football where it isn't relevant, but I just let it go. Getting yourself so wound up isn't worth it.

I think you're just jealous, meself, that other teams are doing so well, whilst your lot are so crap. Either that or you're a snob.

Like it or not, a lot of teams have footballers on our DDP lists - I don't see why we should not discuss their health.

*Rant Over*

To keep on topic, Reading are by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen. :lol:

Interesting post. But it has nothing to do with what I posted at the top of this thread. If you were to read what I actually wrote you would see that the only reason I started this was to keep Carlisle United and Newcastle Rovers out of the Dickie O thread.

I have no need to PM MPFC as there is nothing private to disscuss between us. If I wanted to start a threas about MPFC is it not reasonable to assume I would have started a thread about MPFC.In fact we are on fairly good terms as far as I'm aware. I rather wonder what that has to do with you.

The "where's Tempus thread" is about a member of deathlist;one who helps us to predict and disscuss deaths.To the best of my recollection I have only posted there about Tempus' whereabouts and well being. What I am saying is that the "where's tempus thread" is mainly about the whereabouts of tempus, why then should the dickie o thread not be about dickie o?

+Jealous of what exactly?

And as a last thing;what do mean snobbish? I would confess to finding football, in particular English football, to be like watching paint dry. But I do not see how that is a snobish view.

Other than that, quite an interesting post on your part.

Pittswsbut5tgh Styeelers all the way tot annother Suoper Bowl chbpinshiop1.

Yo Millwall

I take all the points above but - and I may have missed this elsewhere on the forum - what's with the name Millwall32? I'd wrongly assumed an affinity with the team and/or a presence on your part at bushwackings.

Am I the only white person in the country who hopes that Trinidad & Tobago beat us in the first round?

this wrteminss dme of the time zI wnet ot school with a kid whot wsasd from Trinidad.

this wrteminss dme of the time zI wnet ot school with a kid whot wsasd from Trinidad.

BB, is something wrong with your computer this morning?

Interesting post. If you were to read what I actually wrote you would see that the only reason I started this was to keep Carlisle United of the Dickie O thread.

The "where's Tempus thread" is about a member of deathlist;one who helps us to predict and disscuss deaths.

Jealous of your team, Millwall being relegated, whilst everyone else does well. I made that quite clear.

Although THIS thread was started regards the Richard O'Sullivan thread, you HAVE posted in a number of threads complaining that football has taken it off topic (rightly, though), and I thought this whole thread was started as a frustration from that.

It has nothing to do with me at all, yep, but when you post generally about "keeping on-topic", some of us think "who is he addressing?" "MPFC, us, the world?"

The Tempus thread is still fluff of the highest order & I can't see how it helps one iota in deciding DL candidates any more than this one does.

FWIW, I don't even read the Richard O'Sullivan thread any more. It's the fluffiest thread on the fora and even if people were posting about dancing pixies or jam sandwiches in that thread, it wouldn't bother me, simply, because Richard O'Sullivan never has and never will be of any interest to me.

WHY YWRES mailwall32 thw keyes seem to be in allt the wrontg places and mu fingers cant fientd then,m

I; m goytung yto get a clwsass ogf bourobon woulod youn care tyon jpin me??>

Interesting post. If you were to read what I actually wrote you would see that the only reason I started this was to keep Carlisle United of the Dickie O thread.

The "where's Tempus thread" is about a member of deathlist;one who helps us to predict and disscuss deaths.

Jealous of your team, Millwall being relegated, whilst everyone else does well. I made that quite clear.

Although THIS thread was started regards the Richard O'Sullivan thread, you HAVE posted in a number of threads complaining that football has taken it off topic (rightly, though), and I thought this whole thread was started as a frustration from that.

It has nothing to do with me at all, yep, but when you post generally about "keeping on-topic", some of us think "who is he addressing?" "MPFC, us, the world?"

The Tempus thread is still fluff of the highest order & I can't see how it helps one iota in deciding DL candidates any more than this one does.

FWIW, I don't even read the Richard O'Sullivan thread any more. It's the fluffiest thread on the fora and even if people were posting about dancing pixies or jam sandwiches in that thread, it wouldn't bother me, simply, because Richard O'Sullivan never has and never will be of any interest to me.

I can't say that I follow the football results that closely OoO, but do you really mean that "everyone else" does well? You are obviously a glass half full kind of person.

Any news re: the agent yet, MPFC? Dicky O, I mean, not your football agent

Spoke to a radio drama producer mate this morning, he's checking the usual references to see if they include a listing for the great man's agent.

Oh sh*t! Just polluted the football thread with Dickie O material, but I was replying to a post above.

I can't say that I follow the football results that closely OoO, but do you really mean that "everyone else" does well? You are obviously a glass half full kind of person.

Everyone else on here, yep. Certainly compared to Millwall this season. Oh, hold on - wait, BHB supports Aston Villa. I take that back. :D

So you seem to have got my point then. What are we actually talking about?

As I said. TF is a member of the forum and a useful and productive one at that. Why not have a thread devoted to his well-being, full of posts about his well-being, and a Richard O'Sullivan thread evoted to his?

[quote[FWIW, I don't even read the Richard O'Sullivan thread any more. It's the fluffiest thread on the fora and even if people were posting about dancing pixies or jam sandwiches in that thread, it wouldn't bother me, simply, because Richard O'Sullivan never has and never will be of any interest to me.

Fair enough.But he is interesting to those who want to know whether he is dying or not. This thread should focus disscussion over there on that theme.

As I said. TF is a member of the forum and a useful and productive one at that. Why not have a thread devoted to his well-being, full of posts about his well-being, and a Richard O'Sullivan thread evoted to his?

The fact that I felt there were too many threads on here with a "tut-tutting" off-topic reminder from yourself. But I've relented on that since I wrote the first post.

TF is not a celebrity, he will not be a DL or DDP candidate. I come here to find the latest news about DDP possibilities and all I seemed to see for a week was "Tempus" this and "Tempus" that. That's the difference between a Richard O'Sullivan well-being thread and a Tempus Fugit well-being thread. And anyway, for Christ sake, Tempus was only away for three weeks :D

I'd like to see more discussion on candidates then there is now, rather than this clique that's starting to form, and often does on fora, but I'd also like £10 million pounds & a harem of superbabes at my beck and call. Some things just ain't gonna happen. ;)

The fact that I felt there were too many threads on here with a "tut-tutting" off-topic reminder from yourself. But I've relented on that since I wrote the first post.

TF is not a celebrity, he will not be a DL or DDP candidate. I come here to find the latest news about DDP possibilities and all I seemed to see for a week was "Tempus" this and "Tempus" that. That's the difference between a Richard O'Sullivan well-being thread and a Tempus Fugit well-being thread. And anyway, for Christ sake, Tempus was only away for three weeks :D

I'd like to see more discussion on candidates then there is now, rather than this clique that's starting to form, and often does on fora, but I'd also like £10 million pounds & a harem of superbabes at my beck and call. Some things just ain't gonna happen. ;)

I agree with everything you are saying here.

Not at all, there's Chris Birchall as well

Oh, and several thousand ex-pat Scots, Welsh, Irish etc.

Am I the only white person in the country who hopes that Trinidad & Tobago beat us in the first round?

TF is not a celebrity

Agreed.

He's a cult hero in these quarters mind, and a role model to drive-by thrill seekers who eventually become regular posters. I'd hate to see him spiral down into another disappearance.

I suppose this is as good a place as any to post Kazimierz Gorski, former Polish manager, died today aged 85. link

The reason I know of him is because of my Polish in-laws, and their oft remembered glory days of the 1970's for Polska.

I don't think I am offending anyone by saying that he was the Pope of Polish football," said former goalkeeper Jan Tomaszewski, whose heroic saves against England at Wembley took Gorski's team to the 1974 World Cup.

We often think of that 1-1 draw at Wembley that put us out of the World Cup as a failure of English football. We forget what a good side they were, third in the finals the following year in an era when Holland and Germany produced superb teams.

Respect to the - dead - man.

• Like 1