Crispy

Ronnie Biggs

Goody is one of my fifteen...

Cunt not dead is what I see of your gay spat.

So - to get back on track - does placing him in the fifteen mean you know exactly what his "frail health" is about? He survived jail with lengthy exercise sessions and much reading, so I'm assuming he has the kind of focus that keeps an octagenerian active.

No, it was more being elderly combined with solo points mixed with 3 of them dying last year. And Goody was meant to be iffy.

He made his "ultimate getaway" a year ago today.

respects.gif

I miss Ronnie -We still need a new ambassador!

I miss Ronnie -We still need a new ambassador!

I miss the guy too. I haven't been this sad about the death of a violent, unrehabilitable animal since Alex Higgins................ attended the funeral of Oliver Reed.

Surely some reflection is in order - anyone care to chip in on why he was such a great ambassador/DL candidate/man?

BBC showing the 80s movie "Buster" about Buster Edwards at 12:15AM tonight. Given it has Phil Collins in it and this is the poster, guessin' it's not much of a stretch to say it's a bit crap?

Buster.jpg

Also, a bit baffled by the relative lack of tributes for Ronnie after his anniversary. :scratchhead:

• Like 1

BBC showing the 80s movie "Buster" about Buster Edwards at 12:15AM tonight. Given it has Phil Collins in it and this is the poster, guessin' it's not much of a stretch to say it's a bit crap?

Buster.jpg

Also, a bit baffled by the relative lack of tributes for Ronnie after his anniversary. :scratchhead:

Mediocre and historically innacurate rather than full-on crap IMHO. Makes Buster out to be a chirpy type when his proneness to depression etc. eventually contributed to his suicide.

Buster.jpg

Mediocre and historically innacurate rather than full-on crap IMHO. Makes Buster out to be a chirpy type when his proneness to depression etc. eventually contributed to his suicide.

Julie Walters is excellent in it but she usually is even in crap films. I have an affection for this film as I remember going to the cinema to see it with my then girlfriend (now wife) and we danced in the isles to 'Two Hearts' before curtain up as there was no-one else in the cinema.

Would have been wishing him a happy birthday today if he didn't 'cross over' .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/great-train-robbery-meet-man-1980741

According to this article, there are "believed" to be only 3 great train robbers now left - Wisbey, Welch and Goody.

Question is then, what the bloody hell happened to the few that are unaccounted for? i.e. Daly, Jennings, White, Cordrey, Leonard Field and Wheater

Can only find death details for 8 thus far - Boal, Brian Field, Wilson, Edwards, James, Hussey, Reynolds and Biggs

Tommy Wisbey has now croaked it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4079776/Great-Train-Robber-Tommy-Wisbey-dies-aged-86-suffering-stroke.html

Happy birthday wherever you are Ron you old scallywag. The only person (to my knowledge) who actually visited our forum. 

• Like 4

Hmm seems Robert Welch is still alive. He was 90 in March so belated happy birthday :birthday2:

• Like 1

So, there's an article today based on a new book that outs Billy Ambrose - ex-boxer, long-term criminal - as a train robber who got away. Ambrose died in 2009 but an aside in the article states that the identity of the train driver taken along is now known to the author, who won't reveal it because of illness (to someone close to the driver, or maybe him). Whilst it's always been understood the driver was "retired" another detail here is that he'd had a breakdown after witnessing an accident - meaning he could have been younger than the gang. Either way, he couldn't shift the train, so basically failed his bit of the job, got no robbery money and was of less interest to the police than the robbers. 

Highly unlikely he's still alive, more likely someone close to him is seriously ill, but thought I'd mention it either way.