Grim Reaper

John Nash

Guest Guest

Thanks for including my suggestion on the DeathList!

I remember seeing A Beautiful Mind at the cinema when it came out in 2001 and again saw it again about four years ago. It must be the only Hollywood film ever made about the life of a mathematician, or at least that's what I would imagine! It's hard to make stuff like that sexy.

Considering a film starring Russell Crowe was made about the life of Nash, you would think that a UK obituary would be guaranteed. Also a Nobel prize winner who contributed to the field of game theory and developed the Nash equilibrium.

There isn't really any info on his health available but he does turn 87 this year and has had a history of mental illness.

It must be the only Hollywood film ever made about the life of a mathematician, or at least that's what I would imagine! It's hard to make stuff like that sexy.

Good Will Hunting?

Guest Guest

It must be the only Hollywood film ever made about the life of a mathematician, or at least that's what I would imagine! It's hard to make stuff like that sexy.

Good Will Hunting?

Oh, of course. And let's not forget Donald Duck in Maths Magic Land.

http://en.wikipedia...._Mathmagic_Land

π (Pi)?

Guest Guest

π (Pi)?

OK, I accept it, I'm wrong about the lack of mathematician-related films. I'm not that much of a film expert anyway.

Am I the only one who hadn`t heard of him.He is an interesting pick and certainly looks frail in recent pictures.

Good Will Hunting?

Life of Pi......:)

Good Will Hunting?

Life of Pi...... :)

Blackadder.

regards,

Hein

Good Will Hunting?

Blackadder.

regards,

Hein

There have been loads of films; The Imitation Game being one of the more recent.

Good Will Hunting?

Blackadder.

regards,

Hein

The Sum of All Fears

Good Will Hunting?

Blackadder.

regards,

Hein

The Sum of All Fears

Fatal Subtraction

• Like 1

Guest Guest

John Nash was my maths teacher once

Yeah sure and Rolf Harris was my art teacher!

• Like 2

Yeah sure and Rolf Harris was my art teacher!

John Nash was not a teacher; he was a lecturer.

Rolf Harris was not a teacher; he is a lecher.

• Like 4

Did he ever say "I've a (beautiful) mind to give you a good hiding?"

Breaking news: Killed in a taxi crash in New York, along with his wife.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32865248

Fucking OMG...

Edit: It is the first hit for my economics theme team, of which I was beginning to think that it will only have some impact if there is some plane crash before an economics conference... Now it's sort of becoming reality. I am indeed a bit shocked.

Edit 2: This leaves my deathrace team as my only team without a hit this year. Good... If it sucks, it shall suck in a grandiose way.

Is that the first unnatural death in DL history? Kudos to the selection committee, regardless.

Kudos for the wife as well as unnatural causes...

Guest Guest

Poor guy.After all he went through you'd think at his age he'd be entitled to a natural death . They're going to have to make A Beautiful Mind 2 now..