Death in Vegas

Time Added

Buford, wasn't he one of the 14/15 players that Big Jum used to win the title??

Yes he was part of that legendary team

FTD 83

WE WON THE LEAGUE AT DENS, FUCK THE DEE, FUCK THE DEE

• Like 1

FAO Charon

A testimonial from season 82/83

12936580_983284285053327_470604858636634

B - Bannon, Clark, McAlpine, Narey, Holt, Gough

F - Milne, Hegarty, Malpas, Dodds, Britton

• Like 1

For the record Buford, imo what Jum achieved was of greater note than what the jakey hun in Aberdeen did, and Notts F and Leicester too.

Wee Jum is a United hero

Real Madrid centre back in their 1966 European Cup final victory, Pedro de Felipe, dead at 71.

Probably not that many years away from being able to do lists of surviving early European Cup winners.

Or perhaps not, as a check of the 1956 final gives us 6 players allegedly still alive, with a score of 5-1 to Stade Reims. Bet they'd have loved that at the time.

Francisco Gento (b. 1933) is the only player from the original winners still alive.

As for Reims, French legends Raymond Kopa (b. 1931) and Michel Hidalgo (b. 1933) are still going, as are, apparently, Raoul Giraudo (b. 1932), Robert Siatka (b. 1934) and Jean Templin (b. 1928), though those latter three are rather more obscure.

• Like 1

Might be nowt after Barca getting scutched, but rumours bouncing around about Messi and heart problems..

Just a sayin.

FAO Charon

Ah, Davey Dodds, the Elephant Man himself! And Eamonn Bannon with hair... Memories, memories...

So, United v Hibs for the Championship title next season?

• Like 1

FAO Charon

Ah, Davey Dodds, the Elephant Man himself! And Eamonn Bannon with hair... Memories, memories...

United and Falkirk if Stubbs is still there manager. If Falkirk lose the playoff games

Spurs' title challenge :skill2:

BOING BOING BOING

FAO Charon

Dodds, yeah, a remarkable looking chap:

$_35.JPG

I'm wondering if he inspired Billy the Fish in Viz

FAO Charon

Dodds, yeah, a remarkable looking chap:

$_35.JPG

I'm wondering if he inspired Billy the Fish in Viz

l

We used to chant " Davie Dodds, elephant man, elephant man, Davie Dodds .............. You get the picture...

So, given the Hillsborough verdict; I'd say we're in for some form studying opportunities with regard to the current health of the likes of David Duckenfield (71), Graham Kelly (70) etc.

Paperwork to the CPS by the end of the year with the possibility of charges and court action starting around March

David Duckenfield forgetting to take his medicine and dropping dead of a heart attack within six months is a guarantee, let's be honest.

Always forget Graham Kelly is still alive tbh, mainly because I can never remember when Bert Millichip actually carked it.

David Duckenfield forgetting to take his medicine and dropping dead of a heart attack within six months is a guarantee, let's be honest.

Always forget Graham Kelly is still alive tbh, mainly because I can never remember when Bert Millichip actually carked it.

Duckenfield appears to have had some personal breakthrough/breakdown so might just publicly go through emotional torture on this. Not good for his heath, but probs survivable. He's a golfer etc. so fairly fit. Kelly was a fat freeloading chump in his late forties, haven't seen him photographed of late. He was also implicated in a bung scandal that ended his career prematurely. In retrospect it was standard football organisation behaviour; someone might also suggest re-opening that case once his profile is raised. I say he's more of a health risk than Duckenfield.

Some discussion about lack of Bernard Ingham's remorse and health today.

Is he ill? How nice tragic.

• Like 2

Looked ill.I don`t understand why he couldn`t just have said to reporters "I made a catastrophic mistake and am very sorry for my previous comments and all the offence it caused." I mean he is no longer working or in the public eye so the concession wouldn`t harm him at all now in fact may redeem him.

Looked ill.I don`t understand why he couldn`t just have said to reporters "I made a catastrophic mistake and am very sorry for my previous comments and all the offence it caused." I mean he is no longer working or in the public eye so the concession wouldn`t harm him at all now in fact may redeem him.

Well, I can answer that bit. He didn't say that, because he is a twat! With a long history of being a twat.

• Like 4

Rant follows:

Thatcher and the political elite depended very much on the loyalty of the police while they introduced some really tough laws. Therefore any possible criticism of the police required a whitewash and rubbishing the claims of what Andrew Mitchell and their ilk still call "plebs". There is evidence to show (and will be brought out over the next few years under the 30 year rule) that most criticism ended up on the highest desk in the land for Thatcher's personal attention. Public protest and disorder was higher than most people think back in the 1980s, hence the introduction of a Public Order Act which gave the police essentially carte blanche to deal with any gathering of three people or more.

Hillsborough is simply one of a very long list of stains on the UK's history during that period. It is symptomatic of where the UK and social attitudes are even today. And the new generation coming in with a Conservative majority are now learning the lessons of exactly what that means. It has already begun, when people start to believe that politicians know better than doctors what is good for patients. Patients died on almost a weekly basis in the late 1980s due to policies introduced then.

Ingham was very much involved back then and is a lingering oxygen thief from that period.

Rant ends...for now.

• Like 1

Well, I can answer that bit. He didn't say that, because he is a twat! With a long history of being a twat.

His eyebrows look like whats his face out of the muppets!

Duckenfield will try to pull off a Pinochet and avoid trial through "illness"...

Duckenfield will try to pull off a Pinochet and avoid trial through "illness"...

Hmmm, either that or he'll go further into remorse and get religion

His eyebrows look like whats his face out of the muppets!

What, Bert, the Mancunian drug-dealer-lookalike ?

092d731ad467bc7c669b2fc64d98401d.jpg

• Like 2