41 replies to this topic

#21 Tempus Fugit

Twunt Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:31 AM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Mar 18 2006, 12:20 AM, said:

We should have a thread dedicated to those who really are missing. Are they still breathing?

I'll start off with a couple

Richie Edwards

Licorice McKechnie (hippie chick, member of the Incredible String Band for a while)

Lord Lucan

I'd guess the first two dead and the oldster still breathing.

Lord Lucan, Richie Edwards,

all sounds very familiar :unsure:

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...rd%20lucan&st=0
"I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time."

It's been over 10 months since I was last 100% sober, not a day I want to repeat.

#22 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:35 AM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Mar 17 2006, 04:20 PM, said:

We should have a thread dedicated to those who really are missing. Are they still breathing?

I'll start off with a couple

Richie Edwards

Licorice McKechnie (hippie chick, member of the Incredible String Band for a while)

Lord Lucan

I'd guess the first two dead and the oldster still breathing.

Poor show MPFC, I must say I'm disappointed. Perhaps even disillusioned. :unsure:
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#23 The Pooka

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 03:51 PM

Well ...... I found Licorice McKechnie interesting. Never heard of her before. Famours one minute. Then gone.

Makes me think of Chesney Hawkes ............... or Ruud van Nistelrooy.

#24 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,957 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:50 PM

Poor show MPFC, I must say I'm disappointed. Perhaps even disillusioned

Aye, not my best night although Licorice McKechnie counts as another newie I've introduced here. I had a spate of posting after a long intoxicating night talking shite, an enjoyable evening but not a good idea to end it here.

Still, I have one off night whilst you - CP - continue to display headgear on your avatar that counts as a crime against fashion in 2006, sort of thing.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#25 Slave to the Grave

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Mar 18 2006, 07:50 PM, said:

Aye, not my best night although Licorice McKechnie counts as another newie I've introduced here. I had a spate of posting after a long intoxicating night talking shite, an enjoyable evening but not a good idea to end it here.

Still, I have one off night whilst you - CP - continue to display headgear on your avatar that counts as a crime against fashion in 2006, sort of thing.

Actually, in 2006, CP's hat is quite fashionable, probably.

Posted Image
In my experience, yes, some guests have the same longing for towels and bedlinen as zombies have for human flesh.

"Turrwets, a very good place to keep a tdonkley" - Lady G.

Who is not made better and wiser by occasional intercourse with the tomb?
-George Blair

#26 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Mar 18 2006, 10:50 AM, said:

Hey, you won't be making fun of his hat when he's defending these threads from the posting ravages of Lord Cthulhu. Unless you're one of... them...
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

I still owe NAP

#27 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:45 PM

Hey, you won't be making fun of his hat when he's defending these threads from the posting ravages of Lord Cthulhu . Unless you're one of... them...

Lord Cthulhu? Canadian Paul I think it's about time you get a dictionary or possibly a spell checker of some kind. I know Microsoft Word could be a help. :D

#28 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 10,957 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 11:56 PM

There's a world of difference between the stylish 2006 cut of the fashionable hat and the servicable but crude lines of the headgear sported by the old style holy man. If a West Cumbrian can fault your fashions as old school, you're really off the pace, end of!

Just sayin' like, it's no reflection on the wit, knowledge and enthusiasm you're bringing to this site.

Incidentally, who the f*** is the oldster on your avatar CP?
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#29 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:46 AM

View PostThe Pooka, on Mar 18 2006, 04:51 PM, said:

Makes me think of Chesney Hawkes ............... or Ruud van Nistelrooy .
Oi!

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#30 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:34 AM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Mar 18 2006, 03:56 PM, said:

There's a world of difference between the stylish 2006 cut of the fashionable hat and the servicable but crude lines of the headgear sported by the old style holy man. If a West Cumbrian can fault your fashions as old school, you're really off the pace, end of!

Just sayin' like, it's no reflection on the wit, knowledge and enthusiasm you're bringing to this site.

Incidentally, who the f*** is the oldster on your avatar CP?

Sigismund, King of the Romans. A man who once said "I am the king of the Romans, and am superior to grammar." He organized a failed crusade against the Turks in 1396. I find him to be a bit of a fascinating figure.

And BS, you should read the works of H.P. Lovecraft on Lord Cthulhu. Fascinating tales of outer gods the size of mountains who enslave mindless humans to do menial yet disruptive tasks. Lots of Lovecraft's work deals with spiritual realities of death as well, at least thats' what I've gotten from it, so very relevant as well.

The way I see it, Lord Cthulhu has taken root in the Dickie O' Thread to enslave mindless posters to post menial yet disruptive posts and threads. Perhaps ol' Sigi can help end his tyranny...

I have a very overactive imagination, especially during finals week. :)

I still owe NAP

#31 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 10,957 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:28 PM

Finals week! And yer still hangin' out with us, respect!
Posted Image

#32 millwall32

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:02 PM

Would Ambore Bierce be considered missing. Or Glenn Miller.
The mother of idiots is always pregnant.

"Guess what. I've got a fever. And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL."

#33 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:18 PM

View Postmillwall32, on Mar 19 2006, 08:02 AM, said:

Would Ambore Bierce be considered missing. Or Glenn Miller.

Bierce is definetely dead, no question about it. While it's certainly possible that Glenn Miller could be hanging around at the age of 102 somewhere, I find the prospect highly unlikely and, for several reasons, it's probably safe to assume he's dead.

Same with Amelia Earhart. Could be 108 I guess. Most reasonably though, dead.

I still owe NAP

#34 football_fan

I have no life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:24 PM

Jimmy Hoffa
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer".
- Robert Frost

#35 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:30 PM

Oh yeah, and I'd also like to point out that someone else has already pointed out that there's a missing person's thread already...

[merged - HCW]

Edited by heaven can wait, 19 March 2006 - 06:37 PM.

I still owe NAP

#36 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

View Postfootball_fan, on Mar 19 2006, 06:24 PM, said:

He is most likely dead, For over 30 years..

I found all the theorys very interesting which told what may have happened to him.

Some of those conspiracy junkies may have several loose screws.

#37 Boudicca

Stealth-mode addict

• Moderators
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:33 PM

The way I see it, Lord Cthulhu has taken root in the Dickie O' Thread to enslave mindless posters to post menial yet disruptive posts and threads.

It's darker than you think, C.P.

DeathListers will recall that the Boudette nearly died shortly after I closed the thread, and when I closed it for a laugh the following week, she was hospitalised once more.

It's cursed, I'm sure of it.
Valar morghulis.

#38 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:51 PM

View PostBoudicca, on Mar 19 2006, 07:33 PM, said:

The way I see it, Lord Cthulhu has taken root in the Dickie O' Thread to enslave mindless posters to post menial yet disruptive posts and threads.

It's darker than you think, C.P.

DeathListers will recall that the Boudette nearly died shortly after I closed the thread, and when I closed it for a laugh the following week, she was hospitalised once more.

It's cursed, I'm sure of it.

If I could, I'd delete that thread.

Then everyone would be shocked but new things would come.

Sometimes you must kill the great to live with the imortal.

#39 Dr Hackenslash

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:12 AM

View PostBanshees Scream, on Mar 19 2006, 07:51 PM, said:

If I could, I'd delete that thread.

Then everyone would be shocked but new things would come.

Sometimes you must kill the great to live with the imortal.

You are making the assumption that nobody has saved the entire forum just in case this does ever happen... :D

#40 Life Begins at 5 o'clock

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:00 AM

View PostHarvester Of Souls, on Mar 14 2006, 08:00 PM, said:

View PostTLC, on Mar 1 2006, 01:34 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for Robert Maxwell to make his return 15 years post burial. He'd have done it by now if he wasn't still so universally hated all this time later.

Posted Image

What is that a picture of?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users