Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Alf to go first.

• Like 1

I've just noticed that Zhou Youguang is now the joint 100th verified oldest man ever sharing the place with Masatake Kinoshita at 110 years, 332 days old..

Nevermind, figured it out after a few minutes. Congrats on Zhou Youguang though.

I hope Emma Morano sees 2017 at the very least, and becomes 5th oldest person of all time.

• Like 1

I hope Emma Morano sees 2017 at the very least, and becomes 5th oldest person of all time.

Aye, doubtless a few Deathracers share your interest.

It's definitely happened a while back that the world's oldest person has lost the title without having to die, but - surely - she's nailed on to lose it in the traditional way and generate world wide news in doing so.

• Like 1

It's definitely happened a while back that the world's oldest person has lost the title without having to die, but - surely - she's nailed on to lose it in the traditional way and generate world wide news in doing so.

The former would only happen through a person being discovered that is older than them? In that case, they were never actually the world's oldest person in the first place.

The former would only happen through a person being discovered that is older than them? In that case, they were never actually the world's oldest person in the first place.

No but they are recognised as the World's oldest person and get a visit from the ghost of Norris McWhirter or summit.

• Like 1

Aye, but it isn't an official title - people are "recognised" (or that's how is has been in the past), the point being there's some leeway granted still on the basis that vague record keeping and the likes, plus spurious claimants always make these waters a mite muddy.

• Like 2

sun.jpg

Two down, one to go.

3 dead one to go if you include the King of Thailand.That's actually quite spooky. I hope Kirk enjoyed his party !

sun.jpg

Two down, one to go.

3 dead one to go if you include the King of Thailand.That's actually quite spooky. I hope Kirk enjoyed his party !

Make that 4 with Susan Mushatt-Jones.

• Like 1

A local lady (local for me) turning 110 on January 1st. She seems to be in excellent health, I could see her becoming the new world's oldest person in 2023 or so. But of course, at this age, anything can happen.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/chicagoan-to-celebrate-110th-birthday-on-news-years-day/1679810/

sun.jpg

If we presume The Sun published this merely a year in advance.....may we also presume April 27, 2017 as the death knell for one Kirk Douglas?

​Why yes we can!

​SC

• Like 1

The new oldest living American is apparently Delphine Gibson! Well, according to Wiki anyhow...

Just had a seance. Adele says 'hello' from the other side.

Read this on my phone at work and found it funny; had to come back and fave it on my computer at home. Sad bastard that I am...

• Like 2