Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Sister Lucia

funny you say that...yea i am pretty sick....

i don't know what is wrong...i keep getting really sick....i go to the doctor, they give me pills, i get better...then i am sick again. even worse than before...ugh

it stinks!

Eileen

"Yes, I live only for Heaven"

Guest One Man Jury

i don't know what is wrong...i keep getting really sick....i go to the doctor, they give me pills, i get better...then i am sick again. even worse than before...ugh

it stinks!

Eileen

Sorry to hear that! The Lord moves in mysterious ways.

it stinks!

Eileen

Isn't that how The Exorcist film started?

haha...possibly....maybe i am dying...that means you won't have to hear from me!

where do you all live anyway?

Eileen

"I love you my Lord...With all my soul"

where do you all live anyway?

Eileen

"I love you my Lord...With all my soul"

Well, most of us actually live on planet Earth....and where do you come from?

What happened was, a few thousand years ago, some cleverer than average medicine man decided that he would explain all the things that people didn't understand, like fire, the sun, winter, disease, and most other things by saying that there was a powerful being living in the sky and he (the medicine man) was the only one who knew what everyone had to do in order not to invoke the wrath of this "god".

The result of this was that the medicine man, who called himself a priest, got given lots  of food (sacrificial offerings) by the people, wore the best clothes, got to shag lots of virgins and had more money than anyone else. Nice work if you can get it.

Mr Notapotato(e), I am rather interested in this concept. I think the world is ready for another religion. I might engage Saatchi on this:

Me inc. The new fresher, brighter, more understanding religion that you can tailor to your individual needs. Send $50.00 and I will let you in. Virgins free (send photo).

Sack cloth and ashes by mail order

(Market this carefully and we could be rich!)

(Market this carefully and we could be rich!)

L. Ron Hubbard did quite well with his Scientology scam. :flame:

regards,

Hein

What we need is a charismatic figurehead. Someone slightly aloof yet overtly benign. Commanding the respect and love of his innumerable devotees.

Any volunteers? Death Watch Beatle?

(The tax benefits to being a religion can be impressively huge. :flame: )

What we need is a charismatic figurehead. Someone slightly aloof yet overtly benign. Commanding the respect and love of his innumerable devotees.

Any volunteers? Death Watch Beatle?

(The tax benefits to being a religion can be impressively huge. :) )

Wow...that was like reading my own CV.... :flame:

All I need now is a catchy religion title. Hmmm....how about the "Church of Eileentology"? This church will attract plenty of religious zealots (who we all know are easily duped into handing over their dosh to the church for guaranteed salvation).

If there are sufficent choirboys (and they are young enough), I could even ordain Jacko and Garry Glitter as priests (for the right fee).

All I need now are backers. I accept Paypal. ;)

All I need now is a catchy religion title. Hmmm....how about the "Church of Eileentology"? This church will attract plenty of religious zealots (who we all know are easily duped into handing over their dosh to the church for guaranteed salvation).

Don't forget a set of bizarre half-arsed (yes from Blighty) rules derived from many years of repressed homosexuals, sadists, masochists leading the church...

Add a few pinches of hypocrisy, warm over a burning heretic for 1900 years and you'll be dandy!

I've got no problem with religion, but like crime, only gets really scary when it's Organised!

terminator,

i see you've grown a liking for me.

I only ask that if any does follow me...it will not be to the beat of my own drum, but that of the Lord.

Love,

Eileen

"The wonders of God"

terminator,

i see you've grown a liking for me.

I only ask that if any does follow me...it will not be to the beat of my own drum, but that of the Lord.

Love,

Eileen

"The wonders of God"

??????

Guest Believer

Eileen, I have a lot of respect for you. I really do. You speak out your beliefs no matter what people say.

I used to have tons of problems. I was really depressed and no one was ever really there for me to help me out. God was though. I feel so stupid now for not realizing that. I was even having thoughts about if God really existed and if He did, maybe He forgot about me. I forget why I suddenly started praying, but I think I was inspired by one of the mysteries of the rosary. Anyway, so I prayed every night that maybe He would help me and I wouldn't feel the way I did anymore. Then one day I read a quote someone I really look up to said: "Do whatever you want to do, and don't care what people think. If you do, you'll be miserable." (I know that doesn't really relate to what I'm saying, but if you understood the situations I was in, you'd understand). I decided to live my life like that. So I did, and I became such a happier and better person. After a while I realized that was how God had helped me. Now I live my life trying to be a good Catholic, not listening to what ignorant people say to me/think about me, and I don't get so upset about not-so-good events in my life because I know God will always be there for me. Even if you don't believe, he will be there for you too.

I know there might be a conflict about this so I'll clear it up now:

"Do whatever you want to do, and don't care what people think. If you do, you'll be miserable."

"Do whatever you want to do" does not mean to do anything offending God. It does not mean to go out and shot someone for doing whatever. It simply means what it says without offending God.

I'll pray for all of you guys tonight. Hopefully one day you'll find the right way in life and decide to take the hard path God has chosen for you.

Love,

Anonymous

"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."

"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."

Read: "Imaginary deity that I believe in despite any experimental evidence, don't do anything nasty (not that you could, because that would leave evidence that you do exist, so please don't do that whatever you do!) to the people that know you don't exist.

Very nice circular argument Mr(s)/Ms Believer.

Eileen, I have a lot of respect for you. I really do. You speak out your beliefs no matter what people say.

I used to have tons of problems. I was really depressed and no one was ever really there for me to help me out.

Bloomin' 'eck, there's another one!!!!

Starting to feel a bit depressed myself after wading through that lot.....

Guest One Man Jury
"Do whatever you want to do" does not mean to do anything offending God. It does not mean to go out and shot someone for doing whatever.

True, but somehow I think I could make an exception in your case. Shoot, not shot that is.

Let's make Eileen our new God and brainwash our children to believe in her

Lord hear us

and target the needy, the weak minded and the desperate (like 'Believer') and the hungry (we'll give you food if you believe in Eileen)

Eileen hear us

we won't need evidence of anything, just faith (faith that cannot be questioned), but will treat her postings as our new bible. If we don't like them we can change them at a later date. And always remember, nothing is as ugly as a Christian meeting group.

Lord graciously hear us

I like Terminator's idea of the 'Church of Eileentology' but what about 'The church of the latter day Eileens'.

Oh my Eileen, we're splitting already!

Some people just have to believe in an Almighty. The same people ususally believe in ghosts and read their stars.

Bless you, in the name of the Eileen, the fairies and the father Christmas.

Karl Marx once said "if God did not exist it would be necessary to invent him"

Some people just have to believe in an Almighty.  The same people ususally believe in ghosts and read their stars.

These are the ones who give astrology a bad name.

Is there anyone out there who has made a deep study of astrology?

Fascinating subject*, isn't it? Fodder for the grey cells.

"Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regard to matters requiring thought: the less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them, while on the other hand to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. "

"Mathematics is the language with which God has written the Universe"

Edit: Otherwise reported as " The laws of nature are written in the language of mathematics." I prefer this version.

Galileo

* Just don't start "believing" in it!!

Karl Marx may well of said that, but Francois Marie Arouet Voltaire said, 'Si Dieu n'existant pas, il faudrait l'inventer', (if God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him'), long before old Karl was born.

Some people just have to believe in an Almighty.  The same people ususally believe in ghosts and read their stars.

These are the ones who give astrology a bad name.

Is there anyone out there who has made a deep study of astrology?

Fascinating subject*, isn't it? Fodder for the grey cells.

"Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regard to matters requiring thought: the less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them, while on the other hand to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. "

"Mathematics is the language with which God has written the Universe"

Edit: Otherwise reported as " The laws of nature are written in the language of mathematics." I prefer this version.

Galileo

* Just don't start "believing" in it!!

Don't get me going about Astrology. The second biggest load of crap after religion. I'm amazed at the guff some people believe in on faith.

Guest Guest
I'm amazed at the guff some people believe in on faith.

My point exactly !

I'm amazed at the guff some people believe in on faith.

My point exactly !

Bugger! I forgot to log in again. (Too much Josco gin, probably.)

:D

Now that Sister Lucia and the pope have died, we may never know what the "third secret" was!

:)

Now that Sister Lucia and the pope have died, we may never know what the "third secret" was!

<_<

Erm, if you read this thread back from the start... it's supposed to be the JPII was going to get shot.

But they never bothered telling him, so it was pointless.