football_fan

Things To Do While Waiting For Death

http://www.core4.sk/

Everytime someone hits the like button an alarm goes off in a slovakian office and the staff have to get up and press the reset button.

Ok so I'm planning a little something. Could a Brit answer a question for me real quick? What are some very famous British TV casts/bands/other kinds of groups in which no members have died yet? I want to make this more even between American and British pop culture...

Not a "Brit" but try drop the dead donkey...... 'Henry' must be worth a shout though, and sure he was in Dr who and defo the new avengers.

Not a "Brit" but try drop the dead donkey...... 'Henry' must be worth a shout though, and sure he was in Dr who and defo the new avengers.

Henry was played by David Swift (b.1931) brother of Clive Swift although Jeff Rawle (Gus) is probably also worth a punt and it is he who has been in Doctor Who.

Henry was played by David Swift (b.1931) brother of Clive Swift although Jeff Rawle (Gus) is probably also worth a punt and it is he who has been in Doctor Who.

Jeff Rawle didn't play Gus, he played George. You remember him? The ultimate middle aged wimp (about whom I've been meaning to write a letter to the writers/creators Guy Jenkin and Andy Hamilton, asking them if he was based on my Dad. Ok, j/k he's not that bad.) Jeff Rawle has since been in Hollyoaks too (poor bastard). The now-unheard-of Robert Duncan played Gus (and hilariously, may I add). Duncan actually briefly became a history teacher at one point (2008 I think). As for David Swift, anyone who suggests Henry can actually die should be charged with something very grave.

And Henry 'was' in Dr Who.......

• Like 1

Mourn.

Mourn for those contributors who used to use decent English.

Mourn for those contributors who, even if they didn't always succeed, tried.

Oh, come on. What's wrong with a good run-on-sentence, combined with massive abuse of hyphens? It's my favourite.

I think your real complaint there is that I went into a far too technical and specific rant about the baffling and dull/uninspiring nature of F1/BBC F1 coverage, in a thread that was supposed to be about Eurovision. I'm sorry but sometimes I feel passionately about BBC wasting money on shit things. And themaninblack was in snotty Guardian reader mode, so I couldn't help myself.

Oh, come on. What's wrong with a good run-on-sentence, combined with massive abuse of hyphens? It's my favourite.

I think your real complaint there is that I went into a far too technical and specific rant about the baffling and dull/uninspiring nature of F1/BBC F1 coverage, in a thread that was supposed to be about Eurovision. I'm sorry but sometimes I feel passionately about BBC wasting money on shit things. And themaninblack was in snotty Guardian reader mode, so I couldn't help myself.

My real complaint is that too many posts (not just the one you refer too) bear little resemblance to how English should be written. Some of the posts by contributors for whom English is not their first language use better English than some of those for whom it is.

It's either representative of the decline in educational standards in this country or its lazy bastards who couldn't give a shit not even attempting to write coherently.

Yes, I'm in snotty Guardian reader mode too.

• Like 1

My real complaint is that too many posts (not just the one you refer too) bear little resemblance to how English should be written. Some of the posts by contributors for whom English is not their first language use better English than some of those for whom it is.

It's either representative of the decline in educational standards in this country or its lazy bastards who couldn't give a shit not even attempting to write coherently.

Innit tho bredren.

Youshould' have post,ed this in the room101 thread coz uvverwize you mite 'ave the forum rozzer,s on your tail orsummat. :)

You're constantly in Telegraph high-horse riding mode. If you read the Guardian/Independent comments they are infested with similar types. One would almost think they are a bit insecure about their point of view not being ingested. It's as if there's no-one representing them in the "lefty" media and they need to get their voice heard. Apart from the Telegraph, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express, the Times and the Sun of course...

You're constantly in Telegraph high-horse riding mode. If you read the Guardian/Independent comments they are infested with similar types. One would almost think they are a bit insecure about their point of view not being ingested. It's as if there's no-one representing them in the "lefty" media and they need to get their voice heard. Apart from the Telegraph, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express, the Times and the Sun of course...

Er, how the hell am I "always" in "Telegraph high-horse riding mode"?

You're really throwing a paddy, just because I objected to your generic smirky remarks a small handful of times, that means I'm "constantly going on about right wing things" or something. Wow. You're that un-used to even the mildest form of pushback aren't you? If you can't keep your argument/story confined to the realm of non-fiction, then how can you expect me to listen to you?

Er, how the hell am I "always" in "Telegraph high-horse riding mode"?

You're really throwing a paddy, just because I objected to your generic smirky remarks a small handful of times, that means I'm "constantly going on about right wing things" or something. Wow. You're that un-used to even the mildest form of pushback aren't you? If you can't keep your argument/story confined to the realm of non-fiction, then how can you expect me to listen to you?

If he was "throwing a paddy", there would've been an "e" at the end of "mourn" in initial rant.....