Sign in to follow this  
Death Watch Beatle

Montel Williams

Just thought I would throw another name into the 2005 melting-pot.

I found this quote on the net:

Williams was diagnosed with MS in 1999 and he has responded by launching the Montel Williams MS Foundation. He won his Emmy as outstanding talk show host in 1996.

Probably doesn't mean anything, but you never know ...

DWB ;)

Does it make him a better chat show host though?

any disease which rendered one incapable of speech would make Montel a better talk show host.

Not that MS is immediate enough to elevate anyone straight onto the list, but out of interest would he pass the famous enough in Britain test?

I take it Montel isn't heading for a state funeral too, although he was in the army -right?

I have heard of Montel Williams - however it is a number of years since I have had anything more than 5 channels of viewing pleasure. Could I have caught his show a few years ago on cable? I don't think it's on main-stream TV - can anyone enlighten me? If he appears on British tv I think he passes the famousity test.

DWB ;)

his show was on Channel 4 at 5 pm some years ago - probably more than I want to remeber

love and kisses

little sister

A word of caution about sticking Monty in the 2005 melting-pot, just because he's got MS... It's not fatal.

Or so President Jed Bartlet would have us believe.

(And yes I know that "The West Wing" is only a TV show, but I choose to believe it's true because that's better than thinking about who's really in the White House)

The fact that he's had it since 1999 and not popped his clogs yet, should be another indictor too.

As per Richard Pryor having been diagnosed 20+ years ago and still around in spite of everything.

Montel doesn't strike me as the suicidal type, either. Bad candidate for the next few years in my opinion.

I know he isn't prime candidate material, but I have found another news article on him.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/06/16/medical.marijuana.ap/

It says in the story that you can legally have a smoke in Hawaii. Now, if I was Mr. Williams, with his wealth (presumed), I could do a lot worse than sit on a Hawaiian beach (or Californian for that matter) and have a medicinal smoke. I might perhaps have a drink or two as well... just to see if that would help also.

DWB :(

Guest just me

I will taping on the Montel Williams Show in a week and I would be more than willing to bet that he has many many more years to go!

Maybe someone is about to pull the plug as the show sinks without trace;)

Guest Gerald

:D

any disease which rendered one incapable of speech would make Montel a better talk show host.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

The Montel Williams Show in a nutshell.

"Okay. Today we have Toffanee and she is here to find out who the father of her baby is. She was married to Harold but had a relationship with Arturo and Buck while still married to her 3rd husband Warren. Let's bring out Toffanee." The audience greets Toffanee with loud thunderous applause.

Or: "With us today is Ray. Ray is here to tell his wife that he has a child from a previous marriage but what he doesn't know is that his wife is having an affair with that child. Let's bring out Ray." The audience issues catcalls and boos.

And of course:

"Today we are going to meet with Annie and Joseph who are sick and tired of their parents using drugs and drinking. Folks let's meet Annie and Joseph." at this point come out two punk rock style middle aged people who clearly are drugged out themselves. The audience gasps.

Montel Williams is a watered down, slightly more serious, more issue oriented version of Jerry Springer. They both use sordid topics and go into matters that nobody of any real self respect would ever air on television.

Guest Xgates

Sheesh is this all this place is about checking out who's just died or is getting ready to die?

Who cares about the dead and dying LIFE is for the living!

Looks like a lost bunch here, but that's ok Jesus LOVES you anyways!

Guest Xgates

Oh forgot to mention I just ran across this place while crusing the Net so don't worry about flaming me I won't be back to read any of it, because I have LIFE and Jesus not DEATH!

Jesus is LIFE!

Oh forgot to mention I just ran across this place while crusing the Net so don't worry about flaming me I won't be back to read any of it, because I have LIFE and Jesus not DEATH!

Jesus is LIFE!

That is a shame. We haven't really had any religious zealots since Eileen stopped posting in the Sister Lucia topic.

Anyway, good to know you have a life, and don't just spend your time 'crusing' the net like the rest of us 'lost bunch'.

Oh, and nearly forgot.

Sheesh is this all this place is about checking out who's just died or is getting ready to die?

Got it in one. Well done.

See, no flames, just a couple of sparks ;)