little sister

Robert Mugabe

Looks like change is close, they wouldn't have still been alive to say that at one time.

There will either be a coup or he leaves power when he dies.

Skilled dictator though he is, I doubt even Mugabe could manage to cling on to power whilst dead.

If there is a coup they got to do him in otherwise he'll cast a long shadow.

Yeah, I can't believe he'd just give up his post either. Except perhaps on his deathbed, to ensure that Grace would inherit his throne.

I think he might be able to achieve that, but she would face a fierce power struggle once "the old man dies". After all, before she became First Lady she had only been Mugabe's secretary. I don't hold Robert Mugabe in high esteem but at least he had a proper education (BA degree), unlike his wife.

I don't see him surviving 2015 unless he decide to become the new zsa zsa

Well, he is a bit younger than Zsa Zsa, but more importantly seems a lot healthier as well. If you read that article, you can see that the reason some people are scheming or trying to position themselves is precisely because RM is now the president of the African Union, and is frequently abroad for AU meetings.

If he was really that ill, he would stay at home, and would dictate his political will from his deathbed.

That being said, I hope you are right and we won't see him in 2016. The world (and especially Zimbabwe) would almost certainly be a better place without him.

Well, he is a bit younger than Zsa Zsa, but more importantly seems a lot healthier as well. If you read that article, you can see that the reason some people are scheming or trying to position themselves is precisely because RM is now the president of the African Union, and is frequently abroad for AU meetings.

If he was really that ill, he would stay at home, and would dictate his political will from his deathbed.

That being said, I hope you are right and we won't see him in 2016. The world (and especially Zimbabwe) would almost certainly be a better place without him.

Would you have said the same about Libya and the good Colonel?

A power struggle could be very nasty.

cancels an African Union related trip:

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2015/07/14/mugabe-aborts-trip/

No reason given, but they say his frequent flights have had a detrimental effect on his health and the fiscal budget.

Not detrimental enough. But enough prevaricating by officials to suggest something is amiss. Let's see if he attends the cabinet meeting tomorrow.

Not looking good, hopes pinned on plane crash again I'm afraid. http://qz.com/450724/mugabe-has-made-over-25-foreign-trips-this-year-but-has-little-fear-of-a-coup-bid-when-hes-away/The article contains a photo of a crazed dictator, responsible for war warmongering and oppressing all opposition .. and Robert Mugabe.

Albert Kesselring - having slipped from his clutches at the end of WW2, the reaper finally caught up on this day 55 years ago, aged 74.

220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R93434%2C_Al

Not looking good, hopes pinned on plane crash again I'm afraid. http://qz.com/450724/mugabe-has-made-over-25-foreign-trips-this-year-but-has-little-fear-of-a-coup-bid-when-hes-away/The article contains a photo of a crazed dictator, responsible for war warmongering and oppressing all opposition .. and Robert Mugabe.

ZANU-PF has already confirmed that Mugabe will run again for president in 2018. Assuming he wins, he will be 94 when he starts his eighth term in office.

Wow, even if he looks much younger than his age, they seem to be overly optimitic about his life expectancy. I guess surviving the next three years will be a harder challenge for him than winning the election itself. Well, provided that it's as "fair" as usually.

But if he does achieve that feat (which would be bad news for ordinary Zimbabweans and Deathlist Committee members alike), he could break Hastings Banda's incredible record and become the oldest president ever (not just in Africa).

Oh crap. So now he's seem the light and is going to introduce true democracy and live until he's 110.

http://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimbabwe/Mugabe-Zanu-PF-admit-land-reform-a-disaster-MDC-20150717-2

He's desperately trying to ensure that he doesn't get overthrown by a coup or trying to avert a civil war.

i see the dictators are ruling the roost on these message boards lately.

so will it be Mugabe or Castro who will perish first?

Will go with Mugabe in March 2018, Castro will probably live to be 100+, he has more lives than a cat that one.

Will go with Mugabe in March 2018, Castro will probably live to be 100+, he has more lives than a cat that one.

castro is the sort of person i assume is much older than he actually is. As for Mugabe, ill stop short of making a prediction but his sort do seem to cling on an awfully long time. Only need to look towards DL favorite Zsa Zsa to see that the death bed must be rather comfortable

Can't believe this http://malawi24.com/2015/07/25/mugabe-to-meet-obama-in-ethiopia/Just hoping he riles a secret service agent and gets shot!

I can't believe this either. Why would he boost Mug@be's chances (at the next presidential elections) by meeting him or even taking him seriously? Not only is the Zimbabwean president an opponent of gay rights, he also has a poor human rights record, bad policies, is known for vote rigging etc. But at least he would help the president reduce his travel costs.

During his weekly interview with the national radio station, the Zimbabwean president joked that he planned to travel to Washington DC 'get down on one knee and ask his hand'.

Can't believe this http://malawi24.com/2015/07/25/mugabe-to-meet-obama-in-ethiopia/Just hoping he riles a secret service agent and gets shot!

I can't believe this either. Why would he boost Mug@be's chances (at the next presidential elections) by meeting him or even taking him seriously? Not only is the Zimbabwean president an opponent of gay rights, he also has a poor human rights record, bad policies, is known for vote rigging etc. But at least he would help the president reduce his travel costs.

During his weekly interview with the national radio station, the Zimbabwean president joked that he planned to travel to Washington DC 'get down on one knee and ask his hand'.

Maybe Obama is going to tell him to bugger off.

Hopefully, Obama strangles him with his own hands. I need the unnatural death bonus for the HPDP.

• Like 1