maryportfuncity

Jill Sinclair

Jill Sinclair - wife of record producer Trevor Horn and co-founder of ZTT Records - is in intensive care after having an artery severed when an airgun pellet fired by their 22 year old son Aaron hit her in the neck. Death, unlikely, brain damage a distinct possibility according to this morning's papers.

Check it out.

My cat got shot in the shoulder by an airgun a few years ago - by a man down the road who had an aviary. I think the cat had been stealing his canaries!

My cat got shot in the shoulder by an airgun a few years ago - by a man down the road who had an aviary. I think the cat had been stealing his canaries!

Apparently more bird fanciers think that's a good idea. It's what happened to my uncle Arnold's tomcat Ot. That pet had the habit of hiding in the potato field behind the house and jumping the neighbour's racing pigeons when they were on final to their roost. Considering the serious amounts of money involved I can imagine the pigeon fancier's annoyance, but in his case I would have taken up the matter with my uncle, not the cat.

A few years ago I got shot with an airgun by my neighbour's 12 y/o son, painful but without permanent damage. I complained, first to the boy and of course that brat denied all knowledge. I complained to his dad when he returned home from work and after a short investigation my neighbour was convinced of his guilt. I was given the satisfaction of the boy being spanked for both irresponsible behaviour and lying.

regards,

Hein

I was given the satisfaction of the boy being spanked for both irresponsible behaviour and lying

Magere my man, I've read this over a few times and remain unclear. I'm assuming his dad did the spanking and you were not present at the time so your satisfaction was solely due to justice being done. Are these assumptions correct?

So if she dies, will the headline be "Kideo kills the radio star('s wife)"?

I was given the satisfaction of the boy being spanked for both irresponsible behaviour and lying
Magere my man, I've read this over a few times and remain unclear. I'm assuming his dad did the spanking and you were not present at the time so your satisfaction was solely due to justice being done. Are these assumptions correct?

My wording was indeed not particularly clear. The fact of the matter was that the little criminal's dad meeted out this bit of retaliation in my presence.

BTW: I don't think it helped much. That little sh*t is 16 now and still up to no good, but at least he leaves me alone.

regards,

Hein

I can just feel the love and support for the poor woman dripping from this thread. ZTT, her record label, once lost a legal action from Frankie Goes to Hollywood after the second Frankie's album cost #750,000 to record in 1985, two thirds of budget in remixing costs. In other words the band had to fork out for months of the record company paying themselves to sit around in their own studio whilst the producer - who happened to co-own the company and the studio and be married to Jill, the other owner - decided if he liked the sound.

Noticed very few get well comments from the Frankies in the press reports of her injuries.

Nobody's seriously suggesting a peg out is on the cards this week Octi, brain damage on the other hand....

S'pose young Arron might be more a candidate in the next few days. Serious guilt, nearby firearms, hmm, if only he were famous.

My late father accidentally (so he said) shot me in my face with an air pistol when I was 12, it didn't really cause me any harm, although I still have a small dent just below my cheekbone. He was so upset and guilty he wanted me to shoot him back so I could get even. I did.

DevonDeathTrip wrote:

My late father accidentally (so he said) shot me in my face with an air pistol when I was 12, it didn't really cause me any harm

Apart from resulting in all those digital binary numbers running about your face under your cowl.

Note for the future- if DDT ever changes his avatar this post will make no sense whatsoever.

Hit her in the neck, eh? That a "close to the 'ead 'it" :blink:

(I can hear your groans already!)

DevonDeathTrip wrote:

My late father accidentally (so he said) shot me in my face with an air pistol when I was 12, it didn't really cause me any harm

Apart from resulting in all those digital binary numbers running about your face under your cowl.

Note for the future- if DDT ever changes his avatar this post will make no sense whatsoever.

I can confirm I am never going to change my avatar. I'm not sure how to, Magere Hein had to tell me how to install it in the first place. I'm quite attached to it now.

My late father accidentally (so he said) shot me in my face with an air pistol when I was 12, it didn't really cause me any harm, although I still have a small dent just below my cheekbone. He was so upset and guilty he wanted me to shoot him back so I could get even. I did.

where did you decide to shoot him btw?

where did you decide to shoot him btw?

In the chest. Fond memories. :blink:

• Like 1

No news today apart from her remaining in intensive care and - more or less - the same state. An insight into what they might write if and when she dies is on the BBC News site today.

Guest Adam V

Reading through this i struggle not to explode in frustration. Jill was and is a very kind, intelligent person and to read some of the comments made about a great friend and relative of mine makes me want to do the same to all you. How insensitive are you for god sake. A legend gets hurt badly and i wont give you the satisfaction of her current condition, but she doesnt deserve this, not in the slightest, take it from someone who knows her well! So all you who think its ok to post stupid comments and crap on here dont bother, because they do get read, they do get published and think how you would feel if it was someone close to you!

Adam V, I'm guessing you found this by looking your friend up on the Internet. It does come fairly close to the top depending on which search engine is in use when you enter her name.

Then again, if she was a proper legend, I guess that wouln't be the case.

Reading through this i struggle not to explode in frustration. Jill was and is a very kind, intelligent person and to read some of the comments made about a great friend and relative of mine makes me want to do the same to all you.

By all means do.

How insensitive are you for god sake. A legend gets hurt badly and i wont give you the satisfaction of her current condition, but she doesnt deserve this, not in the slightest, take it from someone who knows her well! So all you who think its ok to post stupid comments and crap on here dont bother, because they do get read, they do get published and think how you would feel if it was someone close to you!

I'm puzzled by your reply. While few comments made in this thread are sympathetic, I fail to see which ones are so nasty or stupid. As a matter of fact, most comments were about the circumstances of the accident, if it was one, not the victim.

If somone close to me were in similar circumstances I would have better things to do than search for comments about them on web fora and replying to them. Since you freely shared your opinion about our comments, I'll share mine about yours: I think they're bollocks.

regards,

Hein

Mebbe our drive by poster is a member of a new ZTT band called The Art of Ranting.

Guest Ad V

All these suggestive comments clearly made by a bunch of low lives! I mean yes i did find this website by looking on a search engine hopeing to find some tributes, but i find a bunch of insensitive geeks that sit and talk about people deaths or how there going to die! Seriously, grow up, get a job and a life and stop F*****g around with stupid sh*t! You know what, F**k it, i cant be arsed to waste any more time on you people. If you want to carry on with you immature comments and timewasting sh*t then thats fine, but dont bark back at someone who is merely concerned at what is being written about someone he knows well. I am a 40 year old man, with a great job, wife kids, house car everything and your all probably spotty teenagers who live with your parents with nothing better to do than take drugs and steal whisky from your dads. So F**k Right OFf you little f***kers. Grow up!

Grow up!

Aha, another subscriber to the venerable "Do As I Say, Not As I Do" school of thought, aka the Hypocrites.

regards,

Hein

aka the Hypocrites.

Allready had an encounter with one of those today, I will try and avoid these souls. They are only ordinary, but within mind see illutions. It's a shame there disability triggers them to be hated by others.

Edited by Banshees Scream

All these suggestive comments clearly made by a bunch of low lives! I mean yes i did find this website by looking on a search engine hopeing to find some tributes, but i find a bunch of insensitive geeks that sit and talk about people deaths or how there going to die! Seriously, grow up, get a job and a life and stop F*****g around with stupid sh*t! You know what, F**k it, i cant be arsed to waste any more time on you people. If you want to carry on with you immature comments and timewasting sh*t then thats fine, but dont bark back at someone who is merely concerned at what is being written about someone he knows well. I am a 40 year old man, with a great job, wife kids, house car everything and your all probably spotty teenagers who live with your parents with nothing better to do than take drugs and steal whisky from your dads. So F**k Right OFf you little f***kers. Grow up!

So pleased to hear that you have "a great job, wife kids, house car everything". One day you may acquire basic punctuation skills to add to that impressive list. Why, the ability to spell may even come as well.

Say hi to Jill. I'm just off to do a few lines of charlie and then pass round my father's house while he's still at work.

Guest Guest

Ohhhhh to be young and spotty. :P