Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

Delayed Death Reaction

This seems to be happening more and more.

For some reason, Terry Nutkins who died on 7 September 2012 has his death article 2nd on the Top 10 most viewed pages on the BBC News site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19520824

Every time someone clicks on that link, it increases the count. It was probably linked to another recent death and other people were looking at the link. One of my FB mates posted it, so as you could imagine, the more sheeple that share the link without checking the story first, the higher the hits the story will take.

Happened with Percy Sledge recently as well I think.

William Shakespeare's death is being widely reported at the mo.

Swear he went four centuries back!

• Like 2

William Shakespeare's death is being widely reported at the mo.

Swear he went four centuries back!

Yeah, I believe his sister said he's history.

• Like 4

I believe he went rapidly downhill just before he died.

• Like 3

Even though he died 2 years ago, Bob Hoskins death now being tweeted.

Beeb Top 10 stories at fault again. There was another year old death in it (Kieth Harris I think) this morning.

You see this delayed death reaction phenomena is the best argument for why the Death List is a good thing.It stops you looking like an ignorant shit who can`t check the date of an article.

• Like 3

Sky News (don't judge me) are doing a debate feature called "We're turn into grief junkies" on their The Pledge show at 8pm. Might be of interest.

Anything on the BBC that involves numbers or their interpretation can not be trusted. There is always a stronger force pushing banality towards us, giving us a constant dumbing down of the situation. Perhaps the popularity lists may well be working however and say one or two reads have promoted a story onto the list, the rest of them are there from three reads, the writer, the editor and the journalist on the desk next to the writer. Have you noticed with the Sky and BBC news notifications how one follows the other with a delay of about a minute with very little difference in the message. Surely some connection.

Anything on the BBC that involves numbers or their interpretation can not be trusted. There is always a stronger force pushing banality towards us, giving us a constant dumbing down of the situation. Perhaps the popularity lists may well be working however and say one or two reads have promoted a story onto the list, the rest of them are there from three reads, the writer, the editor and the journalist on the desk next to the writer. Have you noticed with the Sky and BBC news notifications how one follows the other with a delay of about a minute with very little difference in the message. Surely some connection.

You've made eight posts in six years, two of which were about your hatred of BBC organizational politics. Are you Noel Edmonds?

• Like 1

You've made eight posts in six years, two of which were about your hatred of BBC organizational politics. Are you Noel Edmonds?

No, but I have great respect for Mr Blobby one of their more intellectual correspondents.

No, but I have great respect for Mr Blobby one of their more intellectual correspondents.

Are you Robert Peston?

And with such little effort you made Spade take time to look that up (had to read EVERY one of your posts to do so!). In my book, Charlotte just won the 'Bee-in-Bonnet' award.

SC

And with such little effort you made Spade take time to look that up (had to read EVERY one of your posts to do so!). In my book, Charlotte just won the 'Bee-in-Bonnet' award.

SC

Its Charlottes 'Controller' which suggests that the poster is, maybe, a 52 year old unemployed alcoholic ( sacked by the BBC ) whos wife/partner Charlotte is subject to house arrest, no friends allowed, no phone and has been forced to cut off contact with her worried family.

Or summat.

His daughter has just brought out a book about him, maybe that's why.

One of my FB friends has just been overcome with shock because Keith Harris is dead!

There's a post two below her share pointing out the story comes from 2015!

SC

Its Charlottes 'Controller' which suggests that the poster is, maybe, a 52 year old unemployed alcoholic ( sacked by the BBC ) whos wife/partner Charlotte is subject to house arrest, no friends allowed, no phone and has been forced to cut off contact with her worried family.

Or summat.

Though that surprisingly describes me to a tee.... I have to deny..... I have to......

Oh fuck it. It's me.

SC

• Like 1

One of my FB friends has just been overcome with shock because Keith Harris is dead!

I had a couple of people posting links to Keith Harris dying too.

I had a couple of people posting links to Keith Harris dying too.

So, it's true then

N-O-O-O-O-OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Not Keith!

• Like 1

Are you Robert Peston?

That is an insult, I will happily ignore anything that Peston puts forward post his involvement in the banking meltdown several years ago. His father of course, a faller this year, deserves more respect. Peston in my opinion is just a pretentious gobby upstart.

Are you Robert Peston?

That is an insult, I will happily ignore anything that Peston puts forward post his involvement in the banking meltdown several years ago. His father of course, a faller this year, deserves more respect. Peston in my opinion is just a pretentious gobby upstart.

Are you Gordon the Gopher?

Are you Robert Peston?

Are you Gordon the Gopher?

No, that's me... on the left.

01_06010558_670881_2439814a.jpg

• Like 1