Sign in to follow this  
Guest Theo

Anna Wing

For Joe Public, a platinum-plated "thought they died years ago" celeb...

I thought Anna was going to make 100.

She once appeared in Doctor Who you know!!

Sad news.

Yes. I've never watched more than 5 minutes of Eastenders in my life and I've never seen her in it but from what little I saw of her she seemed like a very nice lady and you've clearly got to admire anyone makes it to that age (except fugitive Nazi war criminals obviously).

She was also in an episode of The Sweeney - "On the Run", the last episode of Series 3 (1976) which I'm sure I'll get round to watching if humanity is still in a state to provide electricity by the time I'm my Dad's age.

I thought Anna was going to make 100.

She once appeared in Doctor Who you know!!

Sad news.

Yes. I've never watched more than 5 minutes of Eastenders in my life and I've never seen her in it but from what little I saw of her she seemed like a very nice lady and you've clearly got to admire anyone makes it to that age (except fugitive Nazi war criminals obviously).

She was also in an episode of The Sweeney - "On the Run", the last episode of Series 3 (1976) which I'm sure I'll get round to watching if humanity is still in a state to provide electricity by the time I'm my Dad's age.

Just keep an eye on ITV4, they keep rerunning them in a loop.

She was still quite prolific in her final years actually, for her age anyway. Appeared in Son of Rambow, made guest appearances in Casualty, The Bill etc, and a music video last year

RIP Anna,brilliant actress

Desperately sorry to hear this. Looks like I picked the wrong geriatric former E20 resident this year.

I was thinking the other day that it seemed like except for Havelange, Whitlam, and Gabor, all the names on the DL that were born 1917 or earlier seemed to be in pretty good health. Not the case anymore for Wing obviously. Well done to DL...

Wing dinged? I guess the obvious one would be deadenders

Wing dinged? I guess the obvious one would be deadenders

Didn't you already use that one for Wendy Richard? How about Anna Gets Her Wings?

Apologies for this one:

For whom the Beale tolls

Further apologies

For Lou the Beale tolls

• Like 2

If on next's years list you need to replace Anna with another soap battleaxe/matriarch there are plenty to choose from

Edna Dore or June Brown - Eastenders

Jean Alexander or Liz Dawn - Coronation Street

Sheila Mercier - Emmerdale (Farm)

Vivean Gray - Neighbours

Obviously with Brookside being set on Merseyside and Phil Redmond committment to realism there were no old ladies because they had all been kicked to death by teenage drug addicts.

If Dawn is still around come 2014 I'd be reeeeeally surprised if DL doesn't have her.

• Like 1