Paul Bearer

Jonathan King

Keeping a low profile ( hardly surprising as he is being looked after in one of the Queen's Hotels). Any news of his well being? :D

He might want to exercise caution when talking to other lags about his past exploits. They mistake his reference to "Lick A Smurf For Christmas" as some suggestive prison slang. Might end up being a case of Leap Up And Down And Wave Your Prison Knickers In The Air.

Although, I guess he doesn't like being reminded of his former television shows in jail much either, such as the enthusiastically named teen music programme, No Limits. I guess that could have been a handy working title for a number of personal projects. "Say, I've got this great idea for a show and the name of it."

I wonder if the food at these hotels shortens your life span. All that starch and spam fritters? It's the only reason I can think of right now, unless somebody is planning on using a shank.

And with an interesting note from the Guardian's files and a little sprinkle of some magic fairy dust, we can weave dear old Jimmy Savile in to this thread too:

"King classes veteran TV presenter Jimmy Savile as one of his closest friends - they have known each other for 25 years. Savile once said of him: "He's a sabra. A sabra is an Israeli fruit that's prickly on the outside and all soft and lovely inside. That's Jonathan King."

Now we know why Sainsbury's won't sell Sabras. I've been trying to get them for years.

Now all we have to do is get 'Johnathan' King's name spelt right ...

Clue it ain't Jonathan ! (and curiously we're back to Jimmy S. too)

Sorreeee

Could it be Johnathen, Jonnathan, Johnnathon........ Oh Bolox. John King

Nup. None of them.

It's in the fourth paragraph of one of the links I posted.

What's the frequency ?

Still wrong.

Next letter of the alphabet.

Still wrong.

Next letter of the alphabet.

Is it just me, or are people missing the point of the key line

'Whats the frequency?' ;)

Sorry Teddy, I'll be honest. I'm still missing it. It doesn't ring any bells either from my researching him the other day.

'Whats the frequency?'

Sorry Teddy, youv'e lost me as well. Maybe I'm looking too hard

To quote from the article The Yeti posted the link to....

It was at the tender age of 15 that the then Kenneth King decided he wanted to be a pop singer, and changed his name to Jonathan.

Oh! Embarrassingly, that is the same article that I, errrr, read the other day :) Oh well...

Have I got it without realising it? Or am I wearing my " Unbelievably thick as mince" head this week? :)

3rd Paragraph - Are you one ?

Aaaahhhhh, Gottit now. Think I should change my name to Kenneth cant wait?

:D

Guest One Man Jury

Did anyone see that smug pervert being released from prison this morning?

He had a smile as wide as the Dartford Tunnel. Trouble is, after three and a half years in prison I bet he now has an arsehole as wide as the Channel Tunnel! Maybe that explains the smile.

Anyway, may this vicious pervert die a screaming death soon!

{Threads merged - HCW}

He is reported as having enjoyed himself immensely in prison saying it is "like public school but without the sex". Sounds a bit like cold turkey without the Hellmann's.

He continues vehemently to maintain that he is innocent of child-molesting. And also that Michael Jackson is too. :)

The Evening Standard newstand hoarding says "Pop mogul released from prison". Surely, it should have read "Predatory paedophile released".

I am surprised to see him so chipper, I thought kiddie fiddlers were given a hard time inside. I am sure he will not be too safe on the outside either.

I thought kiddie fiddlers were given a hard time inside.

Is "given a hard time inside" a description of what happened to his rectal cavity during his time in prison?

Guest One Man Jury
I thought kiddie fiddlers were given a hard time inside.

Is "given a hard time inside" a description of what happened to his rectal cavity during his time in prison?

Probably! He could also be a devotee of Marc Almond, of course.

A few guys from my old school used to go to the disco where all this took place in the early 80's. I didn't go - probably cos I prefer Bach and was busy being a spotty geek (QED). King's name did get mentioned, but in the context of blokes going to his place and getting pissed (plus maybe a spliff or 2??).

Certainly can't remember there being any suggestion of kiddie fiddling activities at the time but then frankly there was quite a lot of it going on - and although it's unfashionable to say it, all totally consensual involving 16-18 year olds - ie it would be legal today, thanks to Mr Blair legalising old blokes sodomising teenagers.

That said, King is clearly a grade A, self-pitying dickhead and pervert who should have his anal cavity opened up with a roll of barbed wire. It appears the only reason this didn't happen while he was inside is that he spent the whole time on a nonce's wing under protection. Nice.

That said, King is clearly a grade A, self-pitying dickhead and pervert who should have his anal cavity opened up with a roll of barbed wire.  It appears the only reason this didn't happen while he was inside is that he spent the whole time on a nonce's wing under protection.  Nice.

Well if that's the case, and it's called Rule 42 or 43, I don't remember, he was only receiving the same degree of protection that anyone else in his position would have been entitled to. King would presumably have been able to sue the Home Office if he had been assaulted by one of the upstanding burglars, kidnappers or armed robbers who seem to become so self-righteous when there is another prisoner even they are able to look down on.

And no, of course I'm not a JK supporter, it's just all the hypocrisy I don't like.

Guest One Man Jury

King would presumably have beeen able to sue the Home Office if he had been assaulted by one of the upstanding burglars, kidnappers or armed robbers who seem to become so self-righteous when there is another prisoner even they are able to look down on.

And no, of course I'm not a JK supporter, it's just all the hypocrisy I don't like.

I agree it's only fair to be even-handed.

Burn them all or at least re-instate the galley ships!

A fair-minded view I feel.