maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Guest Guest

In fairness I did use the words 'reported to have' just to be on the safe side!

MacKenzie Philips (Daughter of Mama's & Papas John Philips also tweeting the news).

Which is a good source as he named himself after her........

Scott McKenzie , who wrote the 1967 hit San Francisco is reported to have died https://twitter.com/...080757598834688

Not yet according to his own website.

1. A bit more research before posting.

2. Twitter isn't the most reliable source

3. If he is dead, good spot.

According to Noise 11 he's dead. but nothing anywhere else yet

Scott McKenzie , who wrote the 1967 hit San Francisco is reported to have died https://twitter.com/...080757598834688

Not yet according to his own website.

1. A bit more research before posting.

2. Twitter isn't the most reliable source

3. If he is dead, good spot.

According to Noise 11 he's dead. but nothing anywhere else yet

Wiki and Contact music now saying he's gone. Also fans are now leaving messages on his website now.

He co-wrote "Kokomo" which, never forget, is better than any Beach Boys song Brian Wilson was ever involved with.

Jaz Coleman, lead singer & general fruit-loop of Killing Joke is AWOL just ahead of their forthcoming UK 80's fest with The Cult & The MIssion.

Found a few days ago in the Western Sahara

Mark Abrahamian, lead guitarist for Starship has died following a heart attack after performing in Nebraska.

Mark Abrahamian, lead guitarist for Starship has died following a heart attack after performing in Nebraska.

Blimey. I saw them a couple of weeks ago at the Rewind festival. Well, I say "saw", I heard them in the distance as I was dozing in one of the rare bits of shade to be found. "Starship" are something of a Trigger's Broom of a band.

Blimey. I saw them a couple of weeks ago at the Rewind festival. Well, I say "saw", I heard them in the distance as I was dozing in one of the rare bits of shade to be found. "Starship" are something of a Trigger's Broom of a band.

Nothing's gonna stop him now. Except blah etc.

That would make a good pub quiz question - name five Trigger's Broom bands. Well, of course there's the ultimate franchise group, Sugababes. And probably quite a few US R&B/soul bands like the Drifters and the Coasters.

Not forgetting Trigger's Broom themselves, who are probably playing the Flying Saucer in Hempstead any time soon.

That would make a good pub quiz question - name five Trigger's Broom bands. Well, of course there's the ultimate franchise group, Sugababes. And probably quite a few US R&B/soul bands like the Drifters and the Coasters.

Not forgetting Trigger's Broom themselves, who are probably playing the Flying Saucer in Hempstead any time soon.

Aren't any of the Four Tops the original Four Tops anymore?

Aren't any of the Four Tops the original Four Tops anymore?

Duke Fakir from my woefully-underperforming Motown theme team keeps me hanging on.

Guest American Sports Fan

Fakir is the only original Four Top still living, and he still performs with them, but you still have to give them credit: they went 44 years (1953-1997) without a single lineup change, and each of the other three originals stayed with the group from its founding until they were either dead or physically incapacitated. A lot of performers have said a band is like a marriage, but they're one of the very few where the entire founding group has practically taken it to the extreme of "'til death do us part."

In the - likely - event that ZZ Top see 2014 as a working unit they'll beat the Tops' 44 years with the same line-up. Though, technically speaking, they were a quartet for most of that time as manager Bill Ham was an equal signatory on their contracts. Ham has retired, his former charges are about to release a new album!

In the - likely - event that ZZ Top see 2014 as a working unit they'll beat the Tops' 44 years with the same line-up. Though, technically speaking, they were a quartet for most of that time as manager Bill Ham was an equal signatory on their contracts. Ham has retired, his former charges are about to release a new album!

Billy Gibbons reminds me of a young Harrison Ford, with a beard

zz_top_the_early_years.jpg

• Like 2

Billy Gibbons reminds me of a young Harrison Ford, with a beard

zz_top_the_early_years.jpg

I have actually just jizzed in my pants.

Not only is the line up on the Geto Boys' 1988 LP "Making Trouble" completely different to that on 1996's "Da Good, Da Bad and Da Ugly", but you can use the respective covers to chart the changing faces of hip-hop album covers over the eight-year period

Makingtrouble.jpgDagooddabaddaugly.jpg

Guest Lorna Doom

lots of people on my facebook page mourning the death of Lillian Lopez the original lead singer of Odyessey (Native New Yorker, Use It Up And Wear It Out) can't find anything official yet though.

lots of people on my facebook page mourning the death of Lillian Lopez the original lead singer of Odyessey (Native New Yorker, Use It Up And Wear It Out) can't find anything official yet though.

Checked my twitter, nothing on that one yet. (If true)

Odyssey tribute page on Facebook has a message claiming to be from her son confirming her death from stage 4 cancer, a few disco discussion threads have it but no official news sites as yet it seems

Checked my twitter, nothing on that one yet. (If true)

Looks like its for real

http://www.soultracks.com/story-lillian-lopez-dies