Davey Jones' Locker

Batman

Julie Newmar, who has had some health scares in recent years, seems well & truly over them judging by this interview - http://www.rockcella...oman-interview/

I give it 5 minutes before LFN is 'relaxing in a gentleman's way'.....

• Like 3

As far as some of the voice actors in Batman shows, go, how about...

Ron Perlman {1950}

Clancy Brown {1959}

Clive Revill {voiced Alfred for the first 3 episode of B:TAS} {1930}

Robert Costanzo {1942}

Kevin Conroy {1955}

Mark Hamill {1951}

Henry Silva {1928} {voiced Bane}

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Animated_Series

the above link has the names of some of the other actors, too many to name.

Lorenzo Semple Jr. (b. 1923) who wrote several early episodes of the 60s TV series and later went on to write screenplays including The Parralax View is definitely worth keeping an eye on.

No one seems to have survived from the 1943 serialisation (which was screened on Channel 4 on weekday mornings during the Xmas holidays in the early 90s, I seem to recall) starring Lewis Wilson, unless anyone knows different?

Lorenzo Semple jr has died aged 91.

Julie Newmar, who has had some health scares in recent years, seems well & truly over them judging by this interview - http://www.rockcella...oman-interview/

Julie Newmar is one of the sexiest females walking Planet Earth, shit, she is almost 80 and is STILL sexy as...

Any young male who first saw her as Catwoman would have got wood, even Pinocchios knob would have grown instead of his nose.

I admit it, I LOVE Julie Newmar!!

Julie Newmar is one of the sexiest females walking Planet Earth, shit, she is almost 80 and is STILL sexy as...

Any young male who first saw her as Catwoman would have got wood, even Pinocchios knob would have grown instead of his nose.

I have to confess I didn't know much about Miss Newmar before reading that article just now. Leaving aside her... obvious assets... in the photos, what a lovely, lovely lady! She is spiritual, sexual, passionate about certain political causes, feminine, has at least some technical know-how (not bad for someone pushing 80) and humble.

I wonder how many of today's would-be sexpot young starlets will mature to be like that at 80? I shudder to think.....

I have to confess I didn't know much about Miss Newmar before reading that article just now. Leaving aside her... obvious assets... in the photos, what a lovely, lovely lady! She is spiritual, sexual, passionate about certain political causes, feminine, has at least some technical know-how (not bad for someone pushing 80) and humble.

I wonder how many of today's would-be sexpot young starlets will mature to be like that at 80? I shudder to think.....

I think they shudder when they try to think. Which is good because it makes them jiggle.

You wouldn't want to think about them jiggling at age 80 though.....

• Like 1

I think they shudder when they try to think. Which is good because it makes them jiggle.

You wouldn't want to think about them jiggling at age 80 though.....

I shudder to think about them shuddering to think at 80.
  • Like 1

I just realized that the batman movies also have high death rates.

Butler Micheal Gough

Police commissioner Pat hingle

Mob boss jack palace

And police lt willaim hootkins

That's nearly the same as the series and this was shown 20 years later

Butler Micheal Gough

Mob boss jack palace

Michael Gough was 94 and Jack Palance was 87 so their deaths shouldn't have been too much of a surprise.

Butler Micheal Gough

Mob boss jack palace

You forgot Heath Ledger.

Butler Micheal Gough

Mob boss jack palace

You forgot Heath Ledger.

I meant from the original 1989 movie

There are a couple of survivors from the 1949 Columbia serial Batman and Robin, Johnny Duncan (Robin) b. 1923, as well as Jane 'Poni' Adams (Vicki Vale) b. 1921, could well be others

Poni Adams died in May 2014, according to Wikipdia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poni_Adams#Personal_life_and_death

Butler Micheal Gough

Mob boss jack palace

Michael Gough was 94 and Jack Palance was 87 so their deaths shouldn't have been too much of a surprise.

Jack Palance was a surprise because I hear he challenged some 20 year old punk to a boxing match a few weeks before his death.

After all the shit that went on in Aurora, I think this thread needed some Batman feelgood news. A man dressed as a Batman is doing wonderful work in visiting very sick children all across America, giving them a day to remember. He used to drive around in a Lamborghini dressed as the Batmobile. Needless to say that this combination is not the way we remember the Batmobile.This week he took delivery of an honest to god drooooolworthy replica of the Adam West Batmobile. Build from the ground up this car is absolute the spitting image of the car that was made famous in that campy series. And come on, wouldn't you turn your head when you say this coming your way?original.jpgVia Jalopnik.

In memory of Lenny...

Rest in peace.

Lots of people wearing Batman gear during his funeral.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mourners-wear-batman-gear-funeral-lenny-robinson-article-1.2331751

Apparently, only John Astin remains from the male villains Adam West faced on the 1960's TV series as his brief stint doing The Riddler. Assuming one discounts the guest-appearance of Van Williams as the Green Hornet(believed a criminal by Batman and the police) whose own series William Dozier produced fr one season while Batman was running, although playing the characters seriously for the latter program. The Green Hornet was a high-quality series, but some years too early, unfortunately. Several female villains survive at present besides Joan Collins( the Siren) and Julie Newmar (Catwoman), including Barbara Rush (Nora Clavicle, leader of a gang of female criminals) and Deathlist favorite Zsa Zsa Gabor in the final season as Minerva, a villainess who used mind control to further her aims. The vast majority of guest stars have passed from the program save for some such as Deanna Luind (1937 - ) while most of the production staff is departed as well. Sometime director Sam Strangis appears to still be living at present. While feeilngs have eased over time, the series can be justly blamed for the superhero genre not being taken seriously at all until the late 1970's when the Incredible Hulk and Wonder Woman ran for some years (although I realize that both of these are now badly dated themselves in terms of special effects save perhaps for Lynda carter herself when compared to their present-day counterparts.

Apparently, only John Astin remains from the male villains Adam West faced on the 1960's TV series as his brief stint doing The Riddler. Assuming one discounts the guest-appearance of Van Williams as the Green Hornet(believed a criminal by Batman and the police) whose own series William Dozier produced fr one season while Batman was running, although playing the characters seriously for the latter program. The Green Hornet was a high-quality series, but some years too early, unfortunately. Several female villains survive at present besides Joan Collins( the Siren) and Julie Newmar (Catwoman), including Barbara Rush (Nora Clavicle, leader of a gang of female criminals) and Deathlist favorite Zsa Zsa Gabor in the final season as Minerva, a villainess who used mind control to further her aims. The vast majority of guest stars have passed from the program save for some such as Deanna Luind (1937 - ) while most of the production staff is departed as well. Sometime director Sam Strangis appears to still be living at present. While feeilngs have eased over time, the series can be justly blamed for the superhero genre not being taken seriously at all until the late 1970's when the Incredible Hulk and Wonder Woman ran for some years (although I realize that both of these are now badly dated themselves in terms of special effects save perhaps for Lynda carter herself when compared to their present-day counterparts.

IIRC, wasn't it Vera Miles who played that part and wasn't her name Laura Clavicle??

No, it was Ms.Rush. I'm not sure Vera Miles appeared on the series. West and Burt Ward returned to the roles in the 1979 TV special CHALLENGE OF THE SUPERHEROES aka LEGEND OF THE SUPERHEROES. here they joined other heroes such as Green Lantern and Hawk-Man(in a poor version of-same) against the Legion of Doom including villains like Riddler, I believe, Solomon Grundy, and so on many in their first live-action film or TV apearances. Black Canary was included among the heroes in place of Wonder Woman,(I presume because of the Lynda Carter series running at the time).. this was the de facto first live-action appearance of the Justice League(of America) although quite campy.in presentation.

• Like 1

No, it was Ms.Rush. I'm not sure Vera Miles appeared on the series. West and Burt Ward returned to the roles in the 1979 TV special CHALLENGE OF THE SUPERHEROES aka LEGEND OF THE SUPERHEROES. here they joined other heroes such as Green Lantern and Hawk-Man(in a poor version of-same) against the Legion of Doom including villains like Riddler, I believe, Solomon Grundy, and so on many in their first live-action film or TV apearances. Black Canary was included among the heroes in place of Wonder Woman,(I presume because of the Lynda Carter series running at the time).. this was the de facto first live-action appearance of the Justice League(of America) although quite campy.in presentation.

Just had a check through and, yes, you were right!

You may have been thinking of Glynis Johns, Post Twunt, who was Lady Penelope Peasoup in a 4-part sequence in the TV series' final season set in "Londonium" with the late Rudy Vallee, although I'm afraid a minor foe for the heroes. It was one of the very few times they traveled outside the US, however. Several other ladies who appeared on the series are still with us now, although most did so in supporting roles; gorgeous Nancy Kovack, Sherry Jackson (also stunningly beautiful), and Leslie Parrish among them. Jill St.Johnas well she was one of only 3 characters who actually died on the show as a henchwoman for the Riddler. Two other generic street thugs shot themselves accidentally. Catwoman did apparently die twice, but as a cat has nine lives, she returned anyway, of course. And yes, she has to be one of the most gorgeous women ever on film!

Lee Meriwether did appear on the series as a lady in distress as well as being Catwoman in the 1966 film.

Two ladies who appeared in small roles as underlings died recently, Lesly Gore,(henchwoman for Catwoman) and Grace lee Whitney, (henchwoman for King Tut, though far better known as Janice Rand on the original Star Trek series and later, in some of the films.

I think maybe three or four of the directors from the behind-the-scenes crew are still with us, although, of course, most such folks aren't very well-known.

On the 1940's serial Batman and Robin, only Johnny Duncan(Dick Grayson/Robin) is still alive (93) and still manages to show up at some conventions, I understand, so he seems to have considerable spring in his step yet for a fellow his age.

You may have been thinking of Glynis Johns, Post Twunt, who was Lady Penelope Peasoup in a 4-part sequence in the TV series' final season set in "Londonium" with the late Rudy Vallee, although I'm afraid a minor foe for the heroes. It was one of the very few times they traveled outside the US, however. Several other ladies who appeared on the series are still with us now, although most did so in supporting roles; gorgeous Nancy Kovack, Sherry Jackson (also stunningly beautiful), and Leslie Parrish among them. Jill St.Johnas well she was one of only 3 characters who actually died on the show as a henchwoman for the Riddler. Two other generic street thugs shot themselves accidentally. Catwoman did apparently die twice, but as a cat has nine lives, she returned anyway, of course. And yes, she has to be one of the most gorgeous women ever on film!

Lee Meriwether did appear on the series as a lady in distress as well as being Catwoman in the 1966 film.

Two ladies who appeared in small roles as underlings died recently, Lesly Gore,(henchwoman for Catwoman) and Grace lee Whitney, (henchwoman for King Tut, though far better known as Janice Rand on the original Star Trek series and later, in some of the films.

I think maybe three or four of the directors from the behind-the-scenes crew are still with us, although, of course, most such folks aren't very well-known.

On the 1940's serial Batman and Robin, only Johnny Duncan(Dick Grayson/Robin) is still alive (93) and still manages to show up at some conventions, I understand, so he seems to have considerable spring in his step yet for a fellow his age.

I remember seeing Lesley Gore on the show.

Stick around, you have done some really good posts fella!

Oh, yes. I did want to add some comments on the original 1943 film serial Batman; the cast is all deceased now, Douglas Croft (Dick Grayson/Robin) (1926 - 1963), unfortunately passing young. It is of importance for reasons other than being the first time Batman appeared on film, as it introduced the bat Cave being located below Wayne Manor. It also set the appearance for Alfred as a slim English gentleman which he remained for some many years to come; in the comic up to this point, he had been a rather overweight gent - they adopted the slim version quickly as the serials of that era and the comics appealed mainly to the same audience.

While commenting more, a shame The Siren (Joan Collins) wasn't introduced sooner in the Adam West TV series as she did have a superpower of sorts mesmerizing men with her super-high-note voice. She perhaps came closer to killing Batman than most of his other foes, although while in his Bruce Wayne identity. The character has shown up briefly in recent years in some of the DC animated Batman titles.