Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

The Mongolian Stomper dead at 71. Bret Hart said he was the greatest wrestler of all-time in his book iirc.

Canadian pro wrestler Archie Gouldie passed away last night.

LIhIDjo.gif
I know right bad time to be a wrestling fan both the stomping Mongolian and Archie gouldie. Who's next?
In all fairness to dirtracer18 no search of Archie's name is going to pull up that post. Granted he should be posting here, and maybe would've seen it then. Still, I'm laying 25% of blame at Spade's feet; type in the person's name for just this reason when posting. Not doing so is about as useful as posting 'I can't believe So-and-So is dead' with a link.

SC

I just realized that Archie was The Mongolian Stomper. My fault guys.

The Mongolian Stomper dead at 71. Bret Hart said he was the greatest wrestler of all-time in his book iirc.

Canadian pro wrestler Archie Gouldie passed away last night.

LIhIDjo.gif

That's not him, what's wrong with you? There's no way that guy's 71!

Oh yeah, also I just found out this weekend, that the internet wrestling writer Harry Simon committed suicide by gunshot in late December. He had lost his dad in the last year or something.

He was one of the WrestleCrap guys, also less crappily he was one of the funny people on TheWrestlingFan back in the day so luckily his whole life wasn't devoted to calling perfectly fun things like Royal Rumble '99 "crap".

Spade, have you ever done any wrestling blogging?

Isn't that the second WrestleCrap writer to kill himself? Not to mention they had John Tenta as a columnist back in the day as well.

One to watch closely, Blackjack Mulligan has had another heart attack. He was already in fairly frail health before this.

– WWE Hall of Famer Bob “Blackjack Mulligan” Windham, who has had several health issues over the years, was scheduled to undergo brain surgery today to help relieve pressure on his brain but he suffered a heart attack on Tuesday, according to PWInsider. Windham, age 72, is currently in critical condition but is awake.

Blackjack Mulligan hospitalised again. http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/669541-wwe-hall-of-famer-hospitalized-bray-wyatt-and-bo-dallas-leave-wwe-raw-tonight-to-be-at-his-side

Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas have left RAW to be at his side. His condition is unknown at this time.

• Like 1

Another name I decided not to go with in the DDP, so he'll be dead by Friday. Bray's not missed a RAW since the Wyatts debuted in 2013 iirc, so I'd assume its quite serious.

The fact he has had a lot of health scares the last few years and they never skipped an event for it makes me think it could be a saying goodbye to someone in his last few days sort of thing.

Smith Hart

Bret's 67 year old brother announced on his FBook page that he has Bone and Prostate Cancer

Smith Hart had a checkup this week, according to his Facebook, and found that his bone and prostate cancer has now spread into his hips too.

One to watch closely, Blackjack Mulligan has had another heart attack. He was already in fairly frail health before this.

– WWE Hall of Famer Bob “Blackjack Mulligan” Windham, who has had several health issues over the years, was scheduled to undergo brain surgery today to help relieve pressure on his brain but he suffered a heart attack on Tuesday, according to PWInsider. Windham, age 72, is currently in critical condition but is awake.

Blackjack Mulligan hospitalised again. http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/669541-wwe-hall-of-famer-hospitalized-bray-wyatt-and-bo-dallas-leave-wwe-raw-tonight-to-be-at-his-side

Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas have left RAW to be at his side. His condition is unknown at this time.

I remember Black Jack Mulligan when his was BRITISH and wrestling in the town halls all over the UK, many televised on World of Sport.

Another example of the Yanks trying to take over the fucking World...................................................

Ah but there was always a weird tradition of names being "borrowed" between US and UK territories. Not only did both sides of the Atlantic have a Black Jack Mulligan, but also a Steven Regal, Kendo Nagasaki and even Big Daddy's nephew wrestled under the name Greg Valentine.

• Like 1

Ah but there was always a weird tradition of names being "borrowed" between US and UK territories. Not only did both sides of the Atlantic have a Black Jack Mulligan, but also a Steven Regal, Kendo Nagasaki and even Big Daddy's nephew wrestled under the name Greg Valentine.

Wasn't Steve Regal the one and only Steve Regal? IIRC, he was on the circuit in the UK before going Stateside to make his fortune?

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Regal

Could be a DL pick in the near future, he has had his fair share of health problems.

ECW original, one half of the Chair Swingin' Freaks and general good guy to watch wrestle if you're 14-years-old, Axl Rotten is dead at 44.

More of a surprise he lasted so long, to be honest. And in fact, that so few of the ECW mainstays have joined the choir invisible, given all those unprotected headshots and casual shared bleeding.

ECW original, one half of the Chair Swingin' Freaks and general good guy to watch wrestle if you're 14-years-old, Axl Rotten is dead at 44.

Would've laughed if he went at the same time as Schumacher.

Who's next then, Ian Rotten or Balls Mahoney?

Fingers crossed its New Jack

I just read on Facebook that Blackjack Mulligan has died.