Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

So I'm signed on to a different computer. Asked to change my pw cuz of course it doesn't recognize me.

So it sends email to me with new pw. I type in pw and sign on anew.

So.... now I go into my settings to change my pw to something I would like, and enter the pw from the email, my new pw twice, and I keep getting told there's 'an error with your CURRENT pw'. Oh that's right...the one YOU sent me and that I am here signed on with! So I cut/paste it two more attempts, same fahkin thing. So I type the pw in the email by hand (just in case it didn't like cut/paste) and same thing.

I'm sitting here with the email still open looking at the message with the pw YOU provided. Now DL says that's NOT my 'current pw'.

So you managed to log in using the new pw provided by the forum, but you can't change it to something else. I have no idea why that is, but often it's a matter of typing (or copy and pasting) the required bits carefully.

My advice is: log out, log in again and if that succeeds, try to change your pw again. If that fails, PM me, I can help.

How exactly?

You shouldn't be able to interfere with passwords?

We're Admins. We can interfere with anything here.

On all forum software I've ever come across you are only able to use email resets to change passwords, and admins certainly would never be able to know passwords of users or change them out of that system. The security's for this are obvious and I really hope they are in place on this forum.

I cannot read passwords, they're not stored in the database. I can set passwords. That should suffice in this case.

That's only really any use if the person themselves can then change the pword so the admins don't know it, in SCs situation that fix requires you knowing his password along with him as he can't then change it himself. That's poor security.

You've got that bit wrong. I've changed a few peoples passwords as they can't remember it possibly after being away for a while. We have no idea what the original pw is, that's for the individual to know. When we change it, and give you the new pw, it's always advisable to change it asap.

That's exactly what I was saying. The only way to change it would be using the inbuilt forum system, the only reason SC is asking is because those systems aren't working for him. There's no point MH given him a new password unless he can change it himself, which at the minute he can't.

Coff...it must've worked as be has posted since.

Browser issue imo...

• Like 1

Coff...it must've worked as be has posted since.

Absolute cock wand imo...

FTFY

• Like 2

Whenever I've used a contraption other than my own, I've never had a problem logging on. I'm beginning to think Charon is right; I am a witch. :lol:

Whenever I've used a contraption other than my own, I've never had a problem logging on. I'm beginning to think Charon is right; I am a witch. :lol:

Anybody got a duck?

• Like 3

How is the list of users that are online ordered?

How is the list of users that are online ordered?

I 'm guessing here about the meaning of that question, but I think the best answer is: last active first.

Another, equally valid, answer is: click the link labeled "(See full list)" on the front page.

So I'm signed on to a different computer. Asked to change my pw cuz of course it doesn't recognize me.

So.... now I go into my settings to change my pw to something I would like, and enter the pw from the email, my new pw twice, and I keep getting told there's 'an error with your CURRENT pw'. Oh that's right...the one YOU sent me and that I am here signed on with! So I cut/paste it two more attempts, same fahkin thing. So I type the pw in the email by hand (just in case it didn't like cut/paste) and same thing.

I'm sitting here with the email still open looking at the message with the pw YOU provided. Now DL says that's NOT my 'current pw'.

So you managed to log in using the new pw provided by the forum, but you can't change it to something else. I have no idea why that is, but often it's a matter of typing (or copy and pasting) the required bits carefully.

My advice is: log out, log in again and if that succeeds, try to change your pw again. If that fails, PM me, I can help.

How exactly?

Hi

Joins queue.

How exactly?

Except Morbidkid, dirtracer and Radguy there's laws about that...

Edited: Because one of the babies spat their dummy out...

How exactly?

Edited: Because one of the babies spat their dummy out...

(That's a 'pacifier', if you're American)

Just to update, MH --- I've actually memorized the behemoth, seeing as it 'interestingly' had both my past and present phone area codes in't it wasn't too bad. But should the need arise I will take you up on the PM re: this issue in the future. Thanks for the offer.

SC

• Like 1

Anybody got a duck?

I've got a stool !

Erm.. forget that. The wife's just flushed it.

• Like 2

image.jpg

Can anyone explain what these mean? They're counted as being readers of the topic but they are not members, guests or anonymous users.

Search engine bots...

Search engine bots...

Cheers.

Anyone else noticed that half of this sites moderating team haven't posted anything since 2012 ?

Time for an update & clear out the deadwood !

• Like 4

Anyone else noticed that half of this sites moderating team haven't posted anything since 2012 ?

Absolutely. And if that isn't a perfect description I don't know what is.

SC

• Like 1

Ahhh Sir Creep.. by name indeed dear chap !

I have it on good authoritie that the bone-idle M.I.A. Moderators aren't being culled anytime soon and no advertisement for new blood is currently being considered.

Oh well, death (forum) goes on...

'twas ever thus, at least as I recall.

A moderating team that are mostly 'dead' seems really rather apt.

• Like 2

Indeed Tempus, ironic that the majority of DL Mods are probably dead now anyway.

Sadly it isn't technically possible to remove their Moderator status, despite not being active on here since 2014 and beyond.

Indeed Tempus, ironic that the majority of DL Mods are probably dead now anyway.

Sadly it isn't technically possible to remove their Moderator status, despite not being active on here since 2014 and beyond.

I don't think they've deceased just abandoned all hope or being dragged into real life.

• Like 1

Finally got shot of the crap Mods who haven't bothered to post since most of us joined.

Finally got shot of the crap Mods who haven't bothered to post since most of us joined.

Hold on, you have been on the forum for a whole 5 mins ( allegedly) and you have already started badgering and cajoling existing admins to remove mods whos post quality was possibly the SOLE reason this forum didn't die at its birth.

Whats the obsession about? It did no harm whatsoever to leave them be.

You SURE you haven't been here before?? :sherlock:

• Like 1

Not really - Death Star last active 2004 and Staying Alive - 2013 and Staying Alive 2 - 2008 and Tuber Mirum - 2015

Unless there was even more. DDT, Boudicca and Lady Grendel are also inactive but have conveniently set there last active to private.

DDT is usually fairly active when not on travels. Pretty sure the other two showed up in chat this year, so have been about. Not that I'm particularly bothered.