Sign in to follow this  
Windsor

Muammar Gaddafi

At last, after years of atrocities and the appalling treatment of millions, it's over. Details are still sketchy, but finally...

...Westlife are splitting up.

I wonder how Aboriginal activist Michael Mansell feels about the death of his old buddy Gaddafi?

"This documentary is an insightful look at a time when a group of Aboriginal people sought the help of the Libyan Government - an action which both shocked and panicked the Australian Government and the wider community.

NEWSREEL: Libya's Colonel Gaddafi has reportedly been asked to send his brand of revolution to help Australian Aborigines.

PETER HARVEY ON NEWSREEL: Mr Mansell called for "revolutionary help" for Australia's Aboriginals... "

SOURCE: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/messagestick/stories/s1104740.htm

Guest David
I wonder how Aboriginal activist Michael Mansell feels about the death of his old buddy Gaddafi?

"This documentary is an insightful look at a time when a group of Aboriginal people sought the help of the Libyan Government - an action which both shocked and panicked the Australian Government and the wider community.

NEWSREEL: Libya's Colonel Gaddafi has reportedly been asked to send his brand of revolution to help Australian Aborigines.

PETER HARVEY ON NEWSREEL: Mr Mansell called for "revolutionary help" for Australia's Aboriginals... "

Yep - the Colonel's copped it. Was he shot in the head, legs or guts?

Yep - the Colonel's copped it. Was he shot in the head, legs or guts?

He's at the Mall.

C'mon kids, it's time to go buy some new shoes! If you're good, we can stop for a smoothie afterwards and see a stiff!!

He's at the Mall.

C'mon kids, it's time to go buy some new shoes! If you're good, we can stop for a smoothie afterwards and see a stiff!!

Ah yes, the horrors of shopping. I hated shoe hunting in particular. A perfect afternoon, or even worse, Saturday ruined by walking from shop to shop for hours, ghastly sales staff and fitting dozens of pairs of shoes. The shoes I came home with invariably were too large and cheapish.

Of course I could wear the new shoes only on Sundays, which did little to improve the Sunday afternoon walk. By the time the shoes were worn enough for every day use, they would be too small, so a new shopping trip would follow soon.

I suppose such shopping trips are much more entertaining when a dead dictator is on view.

regards,

Hein

He's at the Mall.

Ah yes, the horrors of shopping. I hated shoe hunting in particular. A perfect afternoon, or even worse, Saturday ruined by walking from shop to shop for hours, ghastly sales staff and fitting dozens of pairs of shoes. The shoes I came home with invariably were too large and cheapish.

Of course I could wear the new shoes only on Sundays, which did little to improve the Sunday afternoon walk. By the time the shoes were worn enough for every day use, they would be too small, so a new shopping trip would follow soon.

I suppose such shopping trips are much more entertaining when a dead dictator is on view.

regards,

Hein

I have always hated shoe shopping with a passion, but my old boots went belly-up after the rigors of last winter and I need to get a new pair soon. The chance to view a dictator on ice would definitely take some of the sting out.

Perhaps an international tour of Gaddafi's corpse could be arranged (Coming soon to a mall near you!)

I have always hated shoe shopping with a passion, but my old boots went belly-up after the rigors of last winter and I need to get a new pair soon. The chance to view a dictator on ice would definitely take some of the sting out.

Perhaps an international tour of Gaddafi's corpse could be arranged (Coming soon to a mall near you!)

Yes, please! If the tour would would pass my country I might well make a trip to see it.

Is the Libyan government pro tem reading this? Here's a way to make a few quid from all this unpleasantness. Hell, I might even try an find a new pair of shoes while at the mall. Perhaps an international shoe manufacturer wants to sponsor the tour.

regards,

Hein

Yes, please! If the tour would would pass my country I might well make a trip to see it.

Is the Libyan government pro tem reading this? Here's a way to make a few quid from all this unpleasantness. Hell, I might even try an find a new pair of shoes while at the mall. Perhaps an international shoe manufacturer wants to sponsor the tour.

regards,

Hein

You were expecting maybe they'd give him a state funeral and a week of national mourning :lol: ...after 40+ years of continued oppression, by a less than savory character, I think it is quite reasonable to react the way they did. At the very end I think he still knew his people were behind him, whether he realised they had a gun pointed at the back of his head I guess we'll never know...

The latest on Gaddafi is that he was beaten, sodomised using a knife, then shot in the head and chest.

I think I'll steer clear of the Libyan version of freedom...

Gaddafi spokesman Moussa Ibrahim captured in Libya. Don't know if the Libians are braying for his blood or not. Thought I'd post it just in case.

Khalifa Haftar, who served in the Libyan army under Muammar Gaddafi, and took part in the coup that brought Gaddafi to power in 1969, is dead apperantly.

Here is an article about his recent hospitalization:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/12/libyan-strongman-khalifa-haftar-coma-paris-hospital/

Here is a report about his death:

His party denies. I confirm it is a complete hoax. Anyway he was being treated for brain cancer when he had the stroke, so it may not be that long.