Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bearer

Paul Daniels

The sexism is in that episode is unbelievable by modern standards.

That level of sexism still existed even in to the 90s and I'm sure it still exists toda (in some places)

I meant for a prime time telly show.

That level of sexism still existed even in to the 90s and I'm sure it still exists toda (in some places)

Well, that's how it was in the 70s. You'll be surprised with how much sexual innuendo and even racist jokes you could get away thing in those days.

It wasn't that long ago that a radio presenter mentioned that visibility where she was living was so poor that she suggested that black people should open their eyes and smile to avoid being run over crossing the street.

Back in the 70s there would be raucous laughter from the studio audience and contestants.

Well, that's how it was in the 70s. You'll be surprised with how much sexual innuendo and even racist jokes you could get away thing in those days.

It wasn't that long ago that a radio presenter mentioned that visibility where she was living was so poor that she suggested that black people should open their eyes and smile to avoid being run over crossing the street.

Back in the 70s there would be raucous laughter from the studio audience and contestants.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1567904/Sarah-Kennedy-cant-see-black-people-in-dark.html

There's seem to be a fair whack of defence for it in the Torygraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1567904/Sarah-Kennedy-cant-see-black-people-in-dark.html

There's seem to be a fair whack of defence for it in the Torygraph.

It is true though. It's really no different from saying someone with blond or white hair is easier to see than a dark-haired person, if they are dressed in dark clothes and walking along a dark road.

Wtf first cliff then Frankie Jr and now Paul .

Says a lot about the diminishing standards of light entertainment in this country that when Tommy Cooper died it was prime time entertainment for the whole family, yet Daniels just slumps away unfilmed at home.

• Like 7

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/bobby-davro-sex-wife-kitchen-6349235#H8uVlkZO3txEJ8gi.97

We have a generic magician's thread? Anyhoo ^^^ Wayne Dobson ,58, looks fucked last year, much like his wife and Bobby Davro according to the link.

Bad with MS, I'm hearing now he has to have someone hold a ciggie to his tracheotomy hole to continue to puff away.

Respects for dedication.

Oh, and he knows the way out unfortunately..

• Like 3

His final disappearing act. Do you think he went into a cabinet and just never came out?

What do you think the odds are that this time next year, a whole series of revelations about Paul Daniels will have become public and he'll have been accused of molesting young girls, raping women, and so on?

I mean, there does seem to be a pattern with these "light entertainment" stars...

What do you think the odds are that this time next year, a whole series of revelations about Paul Daniels will have become public and he'll have been accused of molesting young girls, raping women, and so on?

I mean, there does seem to be a pattern with these "light entertainment" stars...

Daniels was too busy being racist to nonce, imho

It just said on the news that he "couldn't be sure that all the women he slept with were over 16"

Guest Droosy

It just said on the news that he "couldn't be sure that all the women he slept with were over 16"

yes, he was an ultraconservative Thatcherite; the family values were all he cared for

Guest Yewtree Inspector

Daniels and Cliff go on the same day, will be busy week in the Operation Yewtree office next week I think

From Wikipedia:

'He said that he had a "passionate" encounter with a schoolgirl hitch-hiker in 1969 when he was aged 30, though he ejected her from the car upon realising her age.[29][30] Following the Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal in 2012, Daniels said that he now believed Jimmy Savile, who had worked at the BBC at the same time as him, was "a bad guy" but questioned whether some accusers were "for real".[30] Daniels had been a guest on Savile's episode of This Is Your Life in 1990. He was criticised by the NSPCC, and Mark Williams Thomas, the former child protection officer who had exposed Savile's crimes, accused Daniels of "belittling" the victims of Jimmy Savile in one of his blog posts.[29][30] The entry was later removed from the blog.[30]'

Who knows. He claimed to have slept with over 300 women. Not quite Warren Beatty standards but then he didn't really have his looks - that's magic!

Who knows. He claimed to have slept with over 300 women. Not quite Warren Beatty standards but then he didn't really have his looks - that's magic!

He might have been good with his hands.

He might have been good with his hands.

Maybe he had a magic wand.

• Like 2