Death Star

Kirk Douglas

Guest Guest

well a report on th e net has just said that Kirk Douglas was killed in a snow boarding acident but given todays date and the fact that he's 97 years old I'm thinking it's a hoax :unsure:

well a report on th e net has just said that Kirk Douglas was killed in a snow boarding acident but given todays date and the fact that he's 97 years old I'm thinking it's a hoax :unsure:

IF YOU KNOW IT'S AN OBVIOUS HOAX, THEN WHY ARE YOU POSTING IT HERE?!? :banghead:

Just leave Kirk alone and let him reach 100 and then 110!!!!

This guy has now outlived three of his main competitors. First Borgnine, then Rooney and now Wallach. Well done, old Kirk. :old:

This guy has now outlived three of his main competitors. First Borgnine, then Rooney and now Wallach. Well done, old Kirk. :old:

At 97 he must be well experienced in outliving other people.

regards,

Hein

• Like 3

Now that Eli has gone to The Magnificant Heaven Kirk is the competitor with most appearances on the list. If he makes it to next year he will draw level with Ronnie Biggs.

Guest Guest

Not a good year for actors, isn't it.

Sid Cesar,

Mickey Rooney,

Casey Kasem

and now Eli Wallach.

Who will be next?

Abe Vigoda?

Dick Van Dyke?

Ed Asner?

Christopher Lee?

Or Kirk Douglas?

Four done, five to go...

Sid Cesar,

Mickey Rooney,

Casey Kasem

and now Eli Wallach.

Who will be next?

Abe Vigoda?

Dick Van Dyke?

Ed Asner?

Christopher Lee?

Or Kirk Douglas?

Four done, five to go...

That should be .......is it?

• Like 2

Sid Cesar,

Mickey Rooney,

Casey Kasem

and now Eli Wallach.

Who will be next?

Abe Vigoda?

Dick Van Dyke?

Ed Asner?

Christopher Lee?

Or Kirk Douglas?

Four done, five to go...

Or maybe "....innit, ya get me?" if you want to be down with the kids.

Sid Cesar,

Mickey Rooney,

Casey Kasem

and now Eli Wallach.

Who will be next?

Abe Vigoda?

Dick Van Dyke?

Ed Asner?

Christopher Lee?

Or Kirk Douglas?

Four done, five to go...

Or maybe "....innit, ya get me?" if you want to be down with the kids.

It has certainly not been a good year for old Hollywood actors.

Kirk Douglas has written an article on Elaine Stritch. If you read between the lines, you'll note that her death has affected him so much that he's lost his will to live. Possibly even suicidal: http://www.huffingto..._b_5619022.html

Reading between the lines = Literally looking at the empty white spaces between the letters and making up stuff for the sake of it.

Kirk Douglas has written an article on Elaine Stritch. If you read between the lines, you'll note that her death has affected him so much that he's lost his will to live. Possibly even suicidal: http://www.huffingto..._b_5619022.html

Reading between the lines = Literally looking at the empty white spaces between the letters and making up stuff for the sake of it.

I read the spoiler so moderated what I was going to say.

Assuming he wrote most of this and it did sound very personal this is a man who is aware of his own mortality and the importance of time with loved ones. Thanks for bringing this article to our attention.

I won't be holding my breath for KD in 2014.

I read the spoiler so moderated what I was going to say.

Assuming he wrote most of this and it did sound very personal this is a man who is aware of his own mortality and the importance of time with loved ones. Thanks for bringing this article to our attention.

I won't be holding my breath for KD in 2014.

Kirk has a lot of remembering to do these days. Here are his words on Lauren Bacall.

http://www.hollywood...n-bacall-726493

I can`t help but feel sorry for Kirk -he has outlived so many of his friends now but I think he will be with us for a while yet his mind is so sharp and he is still very mobile for a 97 year old !Its very sad when someone gets to an age where they are one of the last of their generation but it is better than the alternative I suppose!

I can`t help but feel sorry for Kirk -he has outlived so many of his friends now but I think he will be with us for a while yet his mind is so sharp and he is still very mobile for a 97 year old !Its very sad when someone gets to an age where they are one of the last of their generation but it is better than the alternative I suppose!

I think his ego is what has kept him alive all these years. Even after his stroke, he wanted to stay in the limelight, got speech therapy, made blog entries, etc. So I think one part of him is still satisfied with being one of the last of his generation. He has the mentality of a big movie star.
  • Like 1

One of the last ones we have!I will be sad when he goes (even though he is a joker on my DDP).

Guest Amie

Wow! Kirk has been on this list for a long time. GREAT for him! I just hope he does not outlive Michael who isn't looking very healthy to me. Kirk is amazing!

The People.com website published an obitury for Kirk sometime overnight, but have since taken it down. It seems to be an error, according to my contact in LA, but ...

OMG, then let us pray... for some fine points... :evil2:

Wow! Kirk has been on this list for a long time. GREAT for him! I just hope he does not outlive Michael who isn't looking very healthy to me. Kirk is amazing!

Nice for the ghost of Natalie Wood to take time to post here.

Kirky has got to be absolutely nailed-on for next year. He looks terrible in recent pics and Eli Wallach's death this year showed us that, no, these guys can't actually go on forever.

• Like 1

Guest Sg

98 today!