Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

I'm surprised Estelle Getty didn't make your list ...

I entered her as a wildcard in handrejka's PoolofDeath as "Any one Golden Girl"

I made my net a little wider by saying any one cast member of "Last of the Summer Wine",

surely one of them will drop dead in '06.

Guest gordon bennet

come on man take johnny walker off.hes not gonna die next year.big up johnny!

Guest Guest

Where i=has was was th3 thingy mne bis=c=b which said thing t=would trip over automaticayylt. I'm in China and it clockign 3An - and bugger all sigh oj am WITH TRIUPPING OVER - slack admin i think. Whantever - think ngs will sort themselves out soon enough out.

Happy enough.

PS - i'm not pissed - really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Maggie, go. SAd in fir you botcvh, fir""

Too late I learned that Dutch entertainer Rudi Carrell, world famous in the Netherlands and Germany, is suffering from lung cancer. I wonder if he'd make a proper pick anyway, since he's virtually unknown in the rest of the world.

regards,

Hein

I'm surprised Estelle Getty didn't make your list, perhaps in the stead of Captain Beefheart or Herbert Lom?

Beefheart is a good old fashioned guess. With Christmas and that, I could

have done with more time to consider the 50, so I concentrated on the DDP 20.

Is she not well then?

She makes Elizabeth Taylor look like Lindsay Lohan

Too late I learned that Dutch entertainer Rudi Carrell, world famous in the Netherlands and Germany, is suffering from lung cancer. I wonder if he'd make a proper pick anyway, since he's virtually unknown in the rest of the world.

regards,

Hein

I also opted out on selecting him for my 2006 ddp based on the famousness factor.

Too late I learned that Dutch entertainer Rudi Carrell,  world famous in the Netherlands and Germany, is suffering from lung cancer. I wonder if he'd make a proper pick anyway, since he's virtually unknown in the rest of the world.

regards,

Hein

I also opted out on selecting him for my 2006 ddp based on the famousness factor.

My DDP team isn't quite finalised yet, but there's a good chance he'll be on there.

The chances of his dying in 2006 are close on 100%. The chances of his getting an obit may be slightly less, but we generally do tend to underestimate how many obscure celebs get obits in the national press.

Guest Atropos

I had Johnny Cochran. I am only sharing that because even though I made 40 dollars, I have a feeling I could have retired had I entered the big league.

Of my list of 12, 6 passed on to a better place. Now I'm trying to put together my 2006 list, which is much harder when everyone else has my people!

So far I have Estelle Getty,

Lou Rawls,

Henry Allingham,

Pinochet,

John Kenneth Galbraith...

That means we have 7 more to go...

Any suggestions?

Too late I learned that Dutch entertainer Rudi Carrell,  world famous in the Netherlands and Germany, is suffering from lung cancer. I wonder if he'd make a proper pick anyway, since he's virtually unknown in the rest of the world.

regards,

Hein

My DDP team isn't quite finalised yet, but there's a good chance he'll be on there.

The chances of his dying in 2006 are close on 100%. The chances of his getting an obit may be slightly less, but we generally do tend to underestimate how many obscure celebs get obits in the national press.

That is a good point. It convinced me to re-juggle my 2006 ddp list at the last moment and include his name at the expense of Brooke Astor.

I guess this thread is redundant now. I couldn't help noticing the Beverley sisters in the New Year honours list (quite a good trawling ground for candidates). One of them has to go soon. But which one?

A few more possibles for 2006

CHARLIE DRAKE

HENRY McGEE

REG VARNEY

JEREMY THORPE

regards

Tagdad

Mods, please merge with the "Ideas and Possibilities" Thread right here.

[Done -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

I wonder if the following might be worth considering:

Actor Larry Hagman

Paul Gascoigne

[Merged - ff]

Edited by football_fan

Perhaps they would have been good suggestions last week.

Perhaps they would have been good suggestions last week.

Maybe someday down the long wide rhode the DL will have a voting

day of some sort to re - organize the list. Perhaps to add one last

participent that was forgotten and who's clock may be ticking. :unsure:

I just realised, shouldn't this thread be 'Ideas and possibilities for 2007'?

Assuming it is re-named, reading the Dom Mintoff thread made me start wondering about Rauf Denktash, former president of North Cyprus, born 1924. He had a heart attack a few years ago. He could be one to watch.

I was looking for survivors from the Wizard of Oz and came across a whole load of munchkins. Well, only seven left out of 124 and maybe less since this article. Could a munchkin make the deathlist? If so, who? I like the look of Margaret Pellegrini. Not figuratively speaking.

http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2005-03-...os-munchkinland

Just thought. There's enough for a remake of Snow White. Gah, talk to yourself Godot. They've all gone to bed. :ph34r:

I was looking for survivors from the Wizard of Oz and came across a whole load of munchkins. Well, only seven left out of 124 and maybe less since this article. Could a munchkin make the deathlist? If so, who? I like the look of Margaret Pellegrini. Not figuratively speaking.

http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2005-03-...os-munchkinland

Are you out of your head Godot a f*****g munchkin!!!

If the likes of Ross Davidson can't make the list how the hell would a motherf*cking Munchkin.

I feel better after that outburst.

This has been the Kronenbourg post.

64030214zr.jpg

As the New Year is well past us now, we need to close this thread and open an Ideas and Possibilities for 2007 thread. So go here with more of your ideas:

Ideas and Possibilities for 2007