Grim Reaper

Jake Lamotta

Well I'm sure he'll keep going for a bit longer now, what with an incentive like that.....

Guest Guest

If Lamotta dies, then Muhammad Ali should be on the 2006 list.

According to alot of links Lamotta was a great selection for

this years list. Perhaps we shall make it 2 boxers for this

years list? While Muhammad Ali has been takin over by

parkinsons disease. I would think he has some years ahead

of him. He's one to keep in the back of your mind but hopefully

for boxing fans out there he won't have to be considered for

the list anytime soon. :angry:

According to alot of links Lamotta was a great selection for

this years list. Perhaps we shall make it 2 boxers for this

years list? While Muhammad Ali has been takin over by

parkinsons disease. I would think he has some years ahead

of him. He's one to keep in the back of your mind but hopefully

for boxing fans out there he won't have to be considered for

the list anytime soon. :skill2:

I'm sure Ali has a few years left in him yet! :angry:

Guest flyiin

to look at ones self clearly is a sign of repentence,thus being ready to face death and laugh.Carma on the other hand will strip you of everything you love before allowing you to pass.My guess is so you appear humble and feel what ready is all about.He was a brutal jealous paranoid individual who clearly allowed others to punish him,for his crimes to those who were incappable.He was an on set advisor in the movie and his ability to be honest is rare.I wonder who it was who knocked some scence into him. :o

Carma on the other hand will strip you of everything you love before allowing you to pass.

I think you'll find you've confused Karma with ex-wives there..........

Carma on the other hand will strip you of everything you love before allowing you to pass.

I think you'll find you've confused Karma with ex-wives there..........

Maybe his ex-wife was named Carma? Sounds Italian.

Guest Guest
Maybe his ex-wife was named Carma? Sounds Italian.

You're thinking of another Ray Robinson opponent: Carma Basilio.

Guest kylie

Wow yeah vicki died this year, and also Jospeh lamotta vicki and jakes son died in 1998 in a plane crash in the atlantic by nova scotia. Also I read jake lamotta jr dies too but I can't find when or how......bummer. Great movie by the way I got it today.

Did you know that if you have just dranked a pint oer liver eater that reading through the p[osts JaKe La Mottta looks almost like John Lennon?

Did you know that if you have just dranked a pint oer liver eater that reading through the p[osts JaKe La Mottta looks almost like John Lennon?

I don't agree.

I don't agree.

Must niot be drinked enuuough yet then :):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If Jake Lamotta, Floyd Patterson and Muhammad Ali played snap, who would you bet on?

either crackle or pop......

SnapCracklePop.gif

jakel.jpg

Jake, the Raging Bull is more like a pissed off chiquaqua these days.

I could take him, I think. :D

Nope, but I could be persuaded if you explain why you posted the above.

No real reason. Just watched Raging Bull. If La Motta isn't looking good after a lifetime spent in sports, his brother is probably in worse condition. Although his brother probably never engaged in the high stress lifestyle like La Motta. He was just a spur of the moment suggestion. The post would've been better suited for the suggestions thread, but I was reading La Motta when it occurred to me.

Guest Guest

You are all getting off topic, the point of this discussion is not to debate pointless, and unfixable predjudices but to discuss the great boxer Jake Lamotta. He was among one of the most couragous, ruthless, and psychologicaly unsound fighters in boxing history. He spent his life on the streets fighting other kids for quarters, and then fought his way all through a juvenile detention center, making him one of the most feared, and heartless, (being evil, not mental stamina) fighters ever put into a ring. He had more chin then Rocky, and more power then Tison. His only downfall was to his own, lethargic, and jealous ambitions. His young wife became his possesion, he almost killed other men in the ring because she thought they were "good-looking" His marital, and other family problems became too much for the psychopath of a fighter, and he ruined his once grand career. But he never went down doing so. In the 13th round of his final fight against Sugar Ray Robinson he purposely allowed himself to be beaten half to death, but never go down. He had more heart than we can imagine, and obviously with that the chin. He would talk tough even to gangsters, and mob guys, just because he was so heavily feared. He once said "I get ya's both in the ring, I'll give ya both a f****n' beatin', ya both can F**k each other." to two gangsters sitting right next to their infamous Godfather, this just goes to show how much respect, and fear their was for this glorious, yet maniac of a fighter. A toast to my favorite fighter! Jake Lamotta! The true fighter, the Gladiator of his time, and the one and only Bronx Bull!

Guest tomtom

Tison?.

Guest Loulou

Enyone knows where Jake LaMotta lives today and what is he doing? Is he active, still working in boxing business?

Lou

Enyone knows where Jake LaMotta lives today and what is he doing? Is he active, still working in boxing business?

Lou

Search me, but me let me know. If he is, I'd like to order one.

Lou

Search me, but me let me know. If he is, I'd like to order one.

What if the newly ordered JakeBox arrives flat-packed with an instruction leaflet? Or is that a sort of box-based blasphemy I just committed there?