Grim Reaper

Fidel Castro

Guest One Man Jury
no, i just know that communism caused 100 million deaths in the 20th century, never forget the forgotten genocides in the soviet union, cambodia and china, communism is the worst thing to happen to this world never forget it

People kill each other brutally and senselessly and for fun or out of religious/political/nationalistic conviction. It's human nature. Always have done, always will do.

(Of course nobody we know personally does that sort of thing.)

There is no correlation to any particular nationality, religion or political system.

We tend to value our own lives more than those of our enemies. Which is understandable.

That's why it's OK to flatten their cities, but not for them to do the same to ours.

Name me more than a few countries or religions which haven't done away with an awful lot of people in the past 200 years or so.

The Mennonites perhaps, or the Quakers. Can't think of any countries offhand.

The Anti-Communists are definitely in no position to be casting stones.

Unlike the Mennonites, of course.

So Mr Notapotato(e), we are all equally guilty, and all equally to blame? I shall ask Eileen what suitable penance I can do to cleanse myself.

never forget the forgotten genocides

Hmmmm, how do you never forget something that's already forgotten?

never forget the forgotten genocides

Hmmmm, how do you never forget something that's already forgotten?

I used to know that, but I forgot.

My doctor says that alcohol affects memory, can't remember how, though.

I'll have a rum, thanks.

What was the subject again?

regards,

Ehrm...

My doctor says that alcohol affects memory, can't remember how, though.

I'll have a rum, thanks.

Mine's a large one (probably just a rumour)!!!

:rolleyes:

Name me more than a few countries or religions which haven't done away with an awful lot of people in the past 200 years or so.

The Jainists have a pretty good record on that count.

And I can't seem to recall any mass genocide committed by the Hare Krishnas although I may be wrong.

The Jainists have a pretty good record on that count.

And I can't seem to recall any mass genocide committed by the Hare Krishnas although I may be wrong.

The followers of Deathlistism, though a small brotherhood, are also a fairly peaceable bunch on the whole.

(Although our relations with Germany are sadly not what they could be)

The world's oldest man (120 yrs old) lives in Cuba (due to the excellent free health care that pisses over ther US').

I think you will find, Che, that he probably cannot afford to die in Cuba......

Guest One Man Jury
f**k The System [/b]

Ah, shut up you Commie excremental smear!

Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Should that not be "Hasta la Victoria Beckham?"

spelling mistake repaired

Edited by heaven can wait

Guest democracy

why is it that the people of Cuba cannot rise up to that bastard Castro and finaly overthrow him and bring back freedom to the people of that country?

This post has been edited by heaven can wait on Feb 28 2005, 06:42 PM

I did notice the spelling as soon as I posted, but I had to have a work break and then it slipped my (tiny) mind. So thanks HCW, but I am surprised that posts can be so blatantly tampered with.

why is it that the people of Cuba cannot rise up to that bastard Castro and finaly overthrow him and bring back freedom to the  people of that country?
Maybe they don't want to! :devil:

That would be my impression too. I've just come back from 2 weeks in lovely sunny Cuba (It's a fantastic place for a holiday in February btw, especially when it's 30 degrees on the beach and you hear it's snowing in England) and nobody I spoke to seems p1ssed off with Castro or the current regime. I got the feeling that they feel that they are much better off with Communism than they were under the US-backed regime of Fulgencio Batista. At least, that's what I thought they were saying. My Spanish is particularly poor and I may have horribly misunderstood.

Anyway, to drift back on topic for a moment... Castro was on TV a fair bit over there. He looked a bit old but pretty fit & healthy: Nowhere near death's door.

but I am surprised that posts can be so blatantly tampered with.

We don't deliberatly tamper with posts, it's just that we sometimes have to clear all the insane rantings of some posters that just come on and leave abusive postings with no actual relevance to the subject.

I could always change it back if you want!

... it's just that we sometimes have to clear all the insane rantings of some posters that just come on and leave abusive postings with no actual relevance to the subject.

So that's most of mine then. :devil:

Guest PhallusCapitalisti InProctocommu
It´s not very likely Fidel Castro will die this year, presumably not even this decade.

How dare you Defend Communism?

The Red Kmehr Killed as many a third of the population in CambodjA( MAOIST RULERS). CASTRO MUST HAVE KILLED FROM 50.000 TO 115.000 IN CUBA.

Death to Castro

LONG LIVE CAPITALISM!!!

Wait a minute!

Communism is bad ergo capitalism is great?

That's like saying that just because Jim Callaghan was utterly useless, Mrs T. was absolutely wonderful.

Anyway, suggesting that Castro is not going to die soon is in no way defending communism.

What I am trying to say in a roundabout sort of way is that you are talking CRAP! :flame:

Wait a minute!

Communism is bad ergo capitalism is great?

It's even worse. I was once a member of the Dutch Communist Party. Ergo I murdered a third of the Dutch population. You don't know that, because I censor left-wing (i.e. all) media.

regards,

Hein

It's even worse. I was once a member of the Dutch Communist Party. Ergo I murdered a third of the Dutch population. You don't know that, because I censor left-wing (i.e. all) media.

I know it now though because you just told me.

Does that mean you could help me to get hold of a cheap second-hand bicycle?

I know it now though because you just told me.

Does that mean you could help me to get hold of a cheap second-hand bicycle?

Of course, although most have been melted and recast into frigates and cruise missiles.

You can expect a visit by one of my representatives soon.

regards,

Hein

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others”, George Orwell, Animal Farm.

Anyone who is a supporter of communism should read the book, "Animal Farm" by George Orwell. It gives an excellent perspective on how communists lie and deceive the population into supporting their assent into power by promising them Karl Marx’s utopian dream in exchange for their support. The communist rulers always end up being just as repressive as the hated elite class that they replaced.

Karl Marx dreamed of an ideology that would produce a utopian society where everybody would enjoy freedom, justice, peace and economic prosperity, but it has not worked in Cuba or any other country where it has been tried. The majority of Cubans live in extreme poverty while Fidel Castro and the communist ruling class lives in absolute luxury.

Castro angry over Forbes listing.

Cuban President Fidel Castro has criticized Forbes magazine for the "infamy" of listing him among the world's richest people, with a net worth of $550 million.

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others”, George Orwell, Animal Farm.

Anyone who is a supporter of communism should read the book, "Animal Farm" by George Orwell.  It gives an excellent perspective on how communists lie and deceive the population into supporting their assent into power by promising them Karl Marx’s utopian dream in exchange for their support.  The communist rulers always end up being just as repressive as the hated elite class that they replaced.

I heartedly agree that Animal Farm is a great novel. However, it should be read as a treatise on the failure of the Lenin-Stalinist implementation of the Marxist model in Soviet Russia, not an attack upon Marxist ideals.

In pure Marxist theory, Russia in 1917 was not sufficiently developed to have reached a failed Capitalist model, and therefore be ripe for a Marxist Revolution. The Bolsheviks therefore imposed the revolution combined with a forced development process to fast track Russia to this state. Therefore the revolution itself was inherently not a Marxist act, and led to a Soviet system that was not Marxist.

The utopian nature of Marxism has not been proved in any of its guises, but then neither has any other utopian system (including pure capitalism). All that we can ask is if most of the people in a state are aided or hindered by their system of government.

The question we should ask about the Beard is whether most Cubans are better off now than they were in the 1950's?

If you think they are, it doesn't prove the Marxist uptopia is correct, but if you think it is wrong then it doesn't disprove it either.

As for systemic hatred of Commies I thought we were supposed to be scared of Halibuts now - or did I miss the memo about the Cold War refreezing?

Guest Guest

Anyone who is a supporter of communism should read the book, "Animal Farm" by George Orwell.  It gives an excellent perspective on how communists lie and deceive the population into supporting their assent into power by promising them Karl Marx’s utopian dream in exchange for their support.  The communist rulers always end up being just as repressive as the hated elite class that they replaced.

I heartedly agree that Animal Farm is a great novel. However, it should be read as a treatise on the failure of the Lenin-Stalinist implementation of the Marxist model in Soviet Russia, not an attack upon Marxist ideals.

In pure Marxist theory, Russia in 1917 was not sufficiently developed to have reached a failed Capitalist model, and therefore be ripe for a Marxist Revolution. The Bolsheviks therefore imposed the revolution combined with a forced development process to fast track Russia to this state. Therefore the revolution itself was inherently not a Marxist act, and led to a Soviet system that was not Marxist.

The utopian nature of Marxism has not been proved in any of its guises, but then neither has any other utopian system (including pure capitalism). All that we can ask is if most of the people in a state are aided or hindered by their system of government.

The question we should ask about the Beard is whether most Cubans are better off now than they were in the 1950's?

If you think they are, it doesn't prove the Marxist uptopia is correct, but if you think it is wrong then it doesn't disprove it either.

As for systemic hatred of Commies I thought we were supposed to be scared of Halibuts now - or did I miss the memo about the Cold War refreezing?

maybe people should also stop this systematic fear of fascism, the 30s are over now there are no fascists hiding under the bed :D