Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

I too would like to endorse this merger. Never have two things so happily merged since....well there are many possibilities, but for sake of the decorum of this wrestling chat I'll keep it clean.

BTW...Jake the Snake. No man can get that depressed and keep relapsing without having to pay the (Rowdy Roddy) Piper.

• Like 1

another name to watch out for is the dynamite kid, he was a big steriod abuser, and alot of the big steriod abusers are dead now - hercules, mr perfect, british bulldog, eddie guerrero

another name to watch out for is the dynamite kid, he was a big steriod abuser, and alot of the big steriod abusers are dead now - hercules, mr perfect, british bulldog, eddie guerrero

Isn't he wheelchair bound?

About jake the snake - I'd be more concerned with his crack addiction than his depression.

Isn't he wheelchair bound?

About jake the snake - I'd be more concerned with his crack addiction than his depression.

Yep, Dynamite Kid Tom Billington is ina wheelchair and living somewhere in the UK.

His book - Pure Dynamite - is brilliantly bitter towards the wrestling industry.

According to Wikipedia Bull Buchanan died recently. However, I have been unable to find another source on the internet to confirm. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't widely reported, but even for a wrestler that obscure wrestler there should be some other site corroberating wiki.

I finished reading Pure Dynamite...wow, he's really the opposite of Mick Foley. Foley was happy, Billington is not, Foley was nice, B was not. and so on.

Yes, but I think it's a great book. It's easy to picture him sitting his in wheelchair, swearing every time WWE come on the television and grumbling "if I had them in the ring for five minutes..." etc.

I still think Have a Nice Day is the best wrestling book, but Pure Dynamite is well worth a read.

Here is a somewhat useful site for finding if someone is still alive. It's really kind of shocking to see how many wrestlers die in their 40's. Even the oldest ones are only living into their 60s.

I think I might put Dusty Rhodes on my DDP team next year. Fat man, occupation is a wrestler, he's five easy points.

http://www.garywill.com/wrestling/decwres.htm

Here is a somewhat useful site for finding if someone is still alive. It's really kind of shocking to see how many wrestlers die in their 40's. Even the oldest ones are only living into their 60s.

I think I might put Dusty Rhodes on my DDP team next year. Fat man, occupation is a wrestler, he's five easy points.

http://www.garywill.com/wrestling/decwres.htm

Wow, Lord Alfred Hayes died last year. Why weren't we notified? A key figure in professional wrestling's transition from Saturday morning curiosity to prime time cultural phenomenom. I'd be interested to know how many DL'ers in the UK had heard of him, as he was, I believe, English. Either that or he put on a very convincing fake Brit accent.

For those of you watch John Tenta, a recent post of his claims that he's strong and hopeful... for now.

Reading the journal, he really seems like a nice guy. I feel bad for him and his family.

Yes, most assuredly. I've always thought of DL and Deadpooling as an excercise in figuring out who is most likely to die, not who we all want to die. We're not necessairly cheering for an early death, just accepting what's most likely. I've always liked the quote "Everyone dies, not everybody lives." I think in John Tenta's case, if he was to go at such an early age, no one would question whether or not he lived, for it seems if he truly did - and that's perhaps something that many people question in their own lives.

Certainly remember 'Judo' Al Hayes as he was known here. Used to be a councillor in Westminster.

And on the subject of Mick McManus, he turned 79 in January. Still looks in good health and attends the Wrestlers' Reunion in Dartford every year.

Major update on John Tenta.

How terrible, he sounds like a good man. :D

Come on John, just 6 more months. You can do it!

article on WWE.com has announced the passing of John Tenta...since I'm at work, I'm not going to read it. His passing is cited on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_deaths

article on WWE.com has announced the passing of John Tenta...since I'm at work, I'm not going to read it. His passing is cited on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_deaths

His death has been announced on the WWE website and wikipedia, but I have not seen any confirmation of his death from any other sources.

Sad loss for the wrestling world though.

CP, congratulations on your hit in Weatherman's death pool.

• Like 1