They seem to be the elephant in the DL's living room, but I don't think we can let the biggest and longest-running story of the year go by without adding our two pence/cents to the matter (yes, I'm aware that a related thread was strangled at birth a few months ago). Conspiracy theories are welcome, but idiocy is not. As to whether guests should be allowed to post, I'll leave that to those further up the greasy pole.

Anyway... SCARPER!!!

• Like 1

They seem to be the elephant in the DL's living room, but I don't think we can let the biggest and longest-running story of the year go by without adding our two pence/cents to the matter (yes, I'm aware that a related thread was strangled at birth a few months ago). Conspiracy theories are welcome, but idiocy is not. As to whether guests should be allowed to post, I'll leave that to those further up the greasy pole.

Anyway... SCARPER!!!

Over an hour and no ranters? This thread looks like a winner. It could run for quite a while.

Looking at the reports, it doesn't look very favourable for them.

I will weigh in on this harry. Whenever there's a story like this, lots of people maintain that they "know" what happened or they're "sure" of someone's guilt or innocence. The plain fact of the matter is that no one except the accused know whether they're guilty or innocent. There's nothing more tragic than losing a child so I hope that everyone gives the McCanns the benefit of the doubt until evidence suggests something concrete. The police should conduct their investigation and the McCanns should continue their efforts to find their daughter.

I think it was Professor Plum with the rope in the billiard room.

They're innocent IMHO, a bit naive mebbe with regard to safety of the young 'uns whilst the parents have a snack and a snifter but not murdering or manslaughtering types. It's also worth considering the similarities between Kate McCann and Leonor Cipriano. Not that such consideration would do a lot for the family friendly image of Portugal in the the tourist business.

It's a difficult one, in my opinion.

Whichever side of the fence you sit on, if you come out and proclaim your views, you're gonna look like a C-word (and possibly be consumed by guilt) if the opposite scenario pans out.

Personally, I hope the little 'un turns up as safe and sound as can possibly be, given the timescale. It's every parent's worse nightmare and if they're innocent, god only knows how much more they can take. Let's just hope that they don't end up getting fitted up for something they didn't do. And if they're guilty, well, it'll be one of those things of such an infamous nature that will be the stuff of lore for years to come.

At the end of the day, I don't buy into this yellow ribbon stuff, but my thoughts are with all those concerned.

BHB

I've thought they were guilty from the outset - there is something spooky about them. Not sure if this would stand up in a court of law though....

I've thought they were guilty from the outset - there is something spooky about them. Not sure if this would stand up in a court of law though....

That didn't stop us from locking Mrs Chamberlain up, Lady Die. If it wasn't for those liberal do-gooders and their pesky facts/retrials and stuff, she'd still be fitted up and on the inside, Prisoner Cell Block H style.

• Like 1

That didn't stop us from locking Mrs Chamberlain up, Lady Die. If it wasn't for those liberal do-gooders and their pesky facts/retrials and stuff, she'd still be fitted up and on the inside, Prisoner Cell Block H style.

I wonder who'll play Kate & Gerry in the movie? I was thinking maybe Kate Winslet & Brad Pitt.

• Like 1

Anyway... SCARPER!!!

Over an hour and no ranters? This thread looks like a winner. It could run for quite a while.

Looking at the reports, it doesn't look very favourable for them.

The ranters may be found here...

http://www.anorak.co.uk/madeleine-mccann/176302.html

I wonder who'll play Kate & Gerry in the movie? I was thinking maybe Kate Winslet & Brad Pitt.

Nicole Kidman and James McAvoy.

Kidman in particular does the "holier than thou" and "happy, then instantly sad" act Kate McCann puts on, very well.

Dunno if they murdered her but three things:-

1) They are complete and utter idiots for leaving her alone & with the window open. There are no excuses for that.. none.

2) Their rebuttal to the fact that sniffer dogs could smell death is apparently as they are doctors, they have the smell of death on them anyway. Utter rubbish. Unless they don't wash. Ever.

3) They irritate the hell out of me. I hope they find the little mite as I'm sick of seeing & hearing them. I never thought I'd said this, but I actually prefer Heather Mills to these two.

We were discussing this in chat and someone suggested Kate Winalott, sorry Winslett and Ewan McGreggor.

The Sun seem to get the information first and best. DNA match in car is 100% Maddie and the police in Portugal were bugging them and some of their friends from early August, which provided the evidence for the police to consider them suspects. They reckon accidental death and concealed body.

The Sun seem to get the information first and best. DNA match in car is 100% Maddie and the police in Portugal were bugging them and some of their friends from early August, which provided the evidence for the police to consider them suspects. They reckon accidental death and concealed body.

Aha! "The Sun says..." well, pretty much anything to sell a few more sheets of fish 'n' chip wrapping to the ill-educated, poorly-informed, lowest-common-denominator-matched masses, eh? :unsure:

So f*****g what if there's a DNA match? So what? I reckon, if the police scoured my house and garden long enough, they could still find DNA from the previous owners; it doesn't mean I offed them.

I'm amazed, it being "9/11" and all, that Kate & Gerry haven't been implicated by this sh*t-poor excuse for a "news"paper in some heinous Al-Qaeda plot to overthrow the Israeli government, or some such twin-towering load of Rupert Murdoch-inspired bullshit.

The Sun, first? Hardly. I read exactly the same thing on the online edition of the Daily Telegraph early yesterday evening.

The Sun, first? Hardly. I read exactly the same thing on the online edition of the Daily Telegraph early yesterday evening.

It wasn't EXACTLY the same, or the DT would already have the Sun in court. The Sun - scumbags that they may be - have a better record than the other papers here because their bigger cheque book appears to have got some of the leaks from the Algarve constabulary into print before their rivals. They're doing even better when it comes to smoking out snippets from the locals. They had the stuff on the one suspect from the village down quicker than most of the other press. Just sayin' like, prefer The Independent myself.

Still think on balance Kate and Gerry didn't do it, I'm out-voted in the office though, 2 say guilty, the rest say don't know.

Sky News are saying that the DNA evidence is 100% Maddie is substantial in quantity.

They also said that it was said to be like seepage from a decomposing body.

I hope their suitcases were checked when they entered the UK...

Strangely, my (ex-) police contact was saying exactly the same thing to me yesterday, Windsor. He dealt with a few 'honour' killings where the corpse was sent back to the victims families as airline luggage. Wouldn't have thought so in this case though (boom-boom)

Alternatively, it may be a good idea for the police to check who had the hired car at the time of Maddie's disappearance.

They would have done that already. Right? :huh:

I should be a detective. I have Sky TV which means that I've seen every episode of 'Murder She Wrote' at least twice...

What's sickened me is the news coverage, particularly ITV news, which has turned into the Day Today...

I'm with Lady Die on this. There was something about them which struck me as bogus right from the start.

And then they do this world tour stuff and meet the Pope, doth protest too much I think.

Somehow I hope they are guilty, that'll stick it to those pompous gits who were up their arse at the beginning!

Dear God, I've turned into a ranter! I'm off to bed.....

I would have thought by now the police would have interviewed them with the aid of a lie detector. That way it cuts through any falsehoods a guilty person may come out with. OK, the system might not be perfect, but almost all people can't hide behind a bag of lies till "the day the cows come home".

My view - since we too left our sleeping lad on his own on holiday for the odd half an hour - is the story that they "were popping back every half hour". You can't do that! By analogy you can only pop back about every half hour unless you set an alarm on your watch or something and really try and be exact and thats not going to happen is it?

I too hope Maddie is found alive but I think its a faint hope misplaced.

Sky News are saying that the DNA evidence is 100% Maddie is substantial in quantity.

They also said that it was said to be like seepage from a decomposing body.

I hope their suitcases were checked when they entered the UK...

Questions: If they have proof of putrefaction from the DNA evidence in the car why haven't the McCann's already been charged? And since they hired the car 25 days after her disappearance where was that smelly body until they put it in the boot?

As someone who feels (and looks) guilty every time I so much as see a policeman I find it truly shocking that they might have lied to The Pope :huh:

To quote one of the ranters in the link Olveres put up, I really think it's time to wheel in Jeremy Kyle and his lie detector test / all-important D.N.A results.

And Windsor of course.

• Like 1